skinnay

God fails to protect own priest in church

jakee

***Several times I have noticed, "Gee, I would not have been able to help that person through his problem if I hadn't gone through it."
Maybe not empirical, but proof enough for me.

I believe they call that a tautology. If the 'purpose' of going through a problem is to help someone else through a problem who can presumably then help someone else through a problem... you could still just not have problems in the first place..

Well no shiz...who'da thunk!

"Then God said, "Let us make mankind not in our image, nor in our likeness, so that they may not rule over the fish in the sea nor the birds in the sky...nor over the livestock and all the wild animals, nor over all the creatures that move along the ground."

Let us make them equivalent to the fish, the birds, the livestock and wild animals and all creatures of the land so they will not gain sentience/consciousness nor the ability to know good from evil...for if we gave them the ability of choice, they would certainly choose the self serving pleasures of evil, thus allowing them to actually appreciate good..."

With the technology today, we could eradicate most of the worlds evils. We could have 24 hr surveillance/storage of all of our digital device activities, GPS, GPS implants, financial implants, camera footage of every public square mile...DNA samples from every person, etc...

I'm sure it would be a pretty peaceful world...but it wouldn't be freedom.

God has clearly given us a choice...We are to blame for our problem, not God.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

jakee

I gotta tell ya, this isn't even funny. No how, no way. "Be ye not deceived, God is not mocked"

Well, clearly that's not true. We mock god, therefore god is mocked, no?

Given your lax/superficial/disingenuous interpretation of the context, I'd conclude that your assumption of 1 John 1:10 is to state that God is actually a liar.:D

DanG

My life is awesome. I really, really don't need any help with it.

That's fine...Often, people who don't have a need for God, well....don't have a need for God. It's certainly understandable, even from a biblical stance.

...but considering that Jakee kisses your arse and makes you out be some type of calm and polite gent...I'd have to assume that you're certainly more thoughtful of a person than I am...

Therefore, I'm almost sure that you've questioned our existence beyond the limits that science could ever entertain...

If you've ever considered that the harmony of life is somehow connected to some type of intelligence, then I would hope you wouldn't have abandoned that consideration just because you find it difficult to relate to "my" flavor of theism, nor because of any pressure you may receive from the scientific community if you were to divulge your beliefs...

rwieder

Few months back I saw a film with one of the US officers tasked with trying to get the locals to stop raping the young boys.

"Key" word here is US Officer. I don't care who you are, or what you do, you cannot, and will not change their culture, end deal.
***I'm not sure it's all that different from SOME Catholic leaders for that matter.

That's not cultural, even for the Catholics. That's b/c they refuse to let the priest marry. The new pope is trying to fix that to where they'll relax their rules to allow their priests to marry and have families. This is just one of the 92 points in Martin Luther's Manifesto that he nailed to the Vatican door to the sanctuary b/f he was exiled and lived the duration of his life under threat. I'm Lutheran, which is a spin-off of the Catholic faith, thus the "Lutheran" faith. And we're split into 2 different factions, which I don't care for, how ever: "It is what it is"

95 theses. Not nailed to the vatican but posted on the church door in Wittenburg
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

rwieder

The new pope is trying to fix that to where they'll relax their rules to allow their priests to marry and have families.

I don't buy it for a second...Considering that Peter (who they call the first" pope") had a mother-in-law, it's a wonder why they ever instituted the "law" in the first place...

1 Timothy 4:1-3
Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons, through the insincerity of liars whose consciences are seared, who forbid marriage and require abstinence from foods that God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth.

Coreece

***The new pope is trying to fix that to where they'll relax their rules to allow their priests to marry and have families.

I don't buy it for a second...Considering that Peter (who they call the first" pope") had a mother-in-law, it's a wonder why they ever instituted the "law" in the first place...

It's a really long and complicated history. And not a complete ban. Priesta who convert from episcopalian or are in eastern rite catholic churches can be married. The rule mainly came about to prevent priests from giving church property to heirs
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

Southern_Man

******The new pope is trying to fix that to where they'll relax their rules to allow their priests to marry and have families.

It's a really long and complicated history. And not a complete ban. Priesta who convert from episcopalian or are in eastern rite catholic churches can be married. The rule mainly came about to prevent priests from giving church property to heirs

Ya, figures it would have something to do with their money/mass accumulation of property around the world...

There is nothing complicated about it...

Coreece

Newsflash!

Thanks to the astute observations of a DZ.com contributor who's sexuality has yet to be determined, we now have convincing evidence that Christianity's eternal life proposition is just a sham...Apparently Christians die! Until now, it's never been realized that many of the faithful past have been brutally executed ....Most notably - Jesus, Peter and Paul....

Suck on that, you stupid Christians!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

O'DOYLE RULEZ!

I'm simply pointing out that your little god does nothing, what are you so angry about? :)

skinnay

***Newsflash!

Thanks to the astute observations of a DZ.com contributor who's sexuality has yet to be determined, we now have convincing evidence that Christianity's eternal life proposition is just a sham...Apparently Christians die! Until now, it's never been realized that many of the faithful past have been brutally executed ....Most notably - Jesus, Peter and Paul....

Suck on that, you stupid Christians!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

O'DOYLE RULEZ!

I'm simply pointing out that your little god does nothing, what are you so angry about? :)
I'm angry because you came in here laughing at the death of another individual as if if somehow supported your agenda, yet it did nothing but prove your ignorance on the subject...and you don't even realize it...

...then you say you don't need to read.

You sound as a ridiculous as a creationists/biologist who fervently argues against evolution without having read the Origin of Species...

DanG

I don't. I just want you to remember what I have shared with you when you experience your crisis in life. Everybody experiences crisis at some point. You just have not had yours yet.

I've been through more than most and came out just fine. Please don't presume to know me.

Are you saying you do not want to be known?

For me, a crisis is when you don't come out just fine.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Are you saying you do not want to be known?

No, I'm saying that you don't currently know me, so you can't say I haven't had crises.

For me, a crisis is when you don't come out just fine.

Then I guess you haven't had a crisis either, since you're fine now.

- Dan G

Therefore, I'm almost sure that you've questioned our existence beyond the limits that science could ever entertain...

Sure I have. I just didn't find anything. In fact, the more I thought about it, the more absurd the idea seemed.

If you've ever considered that the harmony of life is somehow connected to some type of intelligence, then I would hope you wouldn't have abandoned that consideration just because you find it difficult to relate to "my" flavor of theism, nor because of any pressure you may receive from the scientific community if you were to divulge your beliefs...

I don't feel any pressure from the scientific community to be an atheist. If I feel any pressure, it's from the conservative right to believe. I work in the defense industry. It is pretty much assumed everyone is a Christian Republican. I can't talk politics or religion with my work friends, not that that's a bad thing.

- Dan G

rwieder

Yeah but Ron, you were a drug addicted fuck-up before you met Jesus.

If this isn't proof of the very existance and Love of Jesus Christ, I don't know what is.
***When you set your baseline so low then any normal life is going to seem pretty amazing. You have no idea what anyone else's baseline is or how amazing their lives are without Jesus.

This is one of the most ludicrous statements I've ever heard. WOW! Why not open your heart to the idea that there might just be an entity such as the triune god? I've personally seen the results of people's lives changed in a way, (which at the time I didn't even understand) which was literally unbelievable. It wasn't untilI surrendered myself that I finally did understand the power that the spirit has. Here's the good thing, everybody is invited. I quite understand that this is a personal, and private "area" if you will, and I respect everyone's own beliefs. However part of Jesus's last words to his deciples was "Go, and be fisher's of men" I don't think that needs any translation.
Responses are welcome, however, PA's will not be responded to. Respectfully...:)
What an amazing load of BS.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Coreece

I gotta tell ya, this isn't even funny. No how, no way. "Be ye not deceived, God is not mocked"

Well, clearly that's not true. We mock god, therefore god is mocked, no?

Given your lax/superficial/disingenuous interpretation of the context, I'd conclude that your assumption of 1 John 1:10 is to state that God is actually a liar.:D

If the Judeo-Christian god does exist, then clearly it is a homicidal paranoid being with multiple personality disorder.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

jakee

***If you've ever considered that the harmony of life is somehow connected to some type of intelligence.

What is 'the harmony of life'?

It's subjective. It can mean whatever you want....but generally speaking, I'm referring to when the observation of awe inspiring complexity/organization found in nature produces involuntary emotions that promote within us, the idea of a creator who allows the very ability of evolutionary processes to even exist.

Coreece

******If you've ever considered that the harmony of life is somehow connected to some type of intelligence.

What is 'the harmony of life'?

It's subjective. It can mean whatever you want....but generally speaking, I'm referring to when the observation of awe inspiring complexity/organization found in nature produces involuntary emotions that promote within us, the idea of a creator who allows the very ability of evolutionary processes to even exist.

Oh, OK. Then no.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

the observation of awe inspiring complexity/organization found in nature produces involuntary emotions that promote within us, the idea of a creator who allows the very ability of evolutionary processes to even exist.

That is exactly how I felt a little bit ago taking my noon walk at the park down from my workplace.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Lord, let me be the person my dog thinks I am.

DanG

Then I guess you haven't had a crisis either, since you're fine now.

I give all the credit to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

The first half of my life was lived in fear that someone would discover my secret. I HAD to have a few beers to feel normal and socialize. Thirty-three years ago I was saved and started to live a new life. It has been a constantly expanding adventure ever since. I want others to know I'm not different than they are. The same grace is available for them as well.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

jakee

Condescend much?

OMFG

REALLY?

FROM YOU?

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

DanG is probably one of the calmest, politest regular contributors to this forum. Far more so than Ron, far more so than you, and far more so than me.

You must have a new field of vision with those rose colored glasses cause dan rides ron's religous beliefs like an old donkey quite often.
Do you have him confused with someone else?

You must have a new field of vision with those rose colored glasses cause dan rides ron's religous beliefs like an old donkey quite often.

I challenge Ron when he gets rude about the damned (like me). I try not to be obnoxious, but I'll admit that sometimes I fail. I don't hold him any ill will, but I sometimes find his tone or accusations offensive. When I do, I'll speak up.

- Dan G