skinnay

God fails to protect own priest in church

rwieder

I THINK you are either completely missing the point, or as obtuse as an 189.999999999999999999999999999 angle.

I'm starting to think YOU don't think b/f you let chunks of nothing spew forth from your mouth. I've been cool so far. Let's not push it. Whadduya say? It is not my intention to get into a urination contest with you, nor is it my objective to trade barbs with you. It's obvious your the one who ain't gettin' it here, not me. Your just PO's b/c I'm a believer and your not....right??? Well I'm NOT going to let YOU bring me down. S...GLY!

Do you enjoy being an absolutist?

and . . . don't make assumptions your vision with blinders on can't see.

Just sayin'
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Anvilbrother

I respect your beliefs even tho I believe 1000% in science and not one spec of god. Do you respect mine even if you think it is wrong?

Bigun, you know me ... you know I do. We may disagree, but I respect your right to your own conclusions. I have two masters degrees. One in theology, one in psychology. The more I know about either, the less I know about either. Life is journey ... live it! Enjoy it!

steveOrino

skinnay

***Dude! We get to meet Stalin etc!
:S

Don't forget the billions of Buddhists, ancient greeks, and everyone else not fortunate enough to be born into the correct religion :(

What makes you, et. al., think this association will be fellowship?
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Matthew 10:
16 “Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves. Therefore be wise as serpents and harmless as doves.

Use caution, you are being targeted. The object is to get you angry enough to say something that will cause the mods to exercise censorship.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

You are asking for physical evidence of a spiritual world. That seems silly to me. The challenge is to open and expand your awareness to include the spiritual. Of course, you have to be willing to try.

And you are asking normal people to have faith in your interpretation of a spiritual world, which is pretty silly to me.

Perhaps you should try opening up your awareness to the reality that you live within. Of course, you have to be willing to try.

tkhayes

You are asking for physical evidence of a spiritual world. That seems silly to me. The challenge is to open and expand your awareness to include the spiritual. Of course, you have to be willing to try.

And you are asking normal people to have faith in your interpretation of a spiritual world, which is pretty silly to me.

Perhaps you should try opening up your awareness to the reality that you live within. Of course, you have to be willing to try.

Oh, I was willing and I devoted my entire being to survive in the world. When I reached the end of my rope I held on and surrendered to the power of the cross. Jesus Christ saved me and gave me more life, and life more abundantly. I have more reality than you can imagine.

kallend

There is, of course, not one iota, not one single shred, of evidence to support your beliefs, and a lot of evidence that much of the bible is complete BS.

In my church our pastor frequently will choose one or two folks to come up on the platform and give testimony as to what Jesus Christ has done in their lives.

When Christians share with other Christians we understand and experience shared joy.

Why doesn't personal experience count as evidence?

RonD1120

...Why doesn't personal experience count as evidence?

Well, I can come up with countless people who have been abducted by aliens; have seen Bigfoot, the Loch Ness Monster (or Champy or Ogopogo); have been attacked by an incubus or a sucubus (or an "old hag").

I can also come up with countless examples of "eyewitness" testimony (believed true by the witness, not perjury) that was proven false by forensic evidence.

Personal experience and eyewitness testimony are very unreliable as evidence.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

I'll accept your personal experience as evidence as soon as you accept the personal experience of the rest of humanity.

Christianity does not have the majority of personal experience on its side.

- Dan G

DanG

I'll accept your personal experience as evidence as soon as you accept the personal experience of the rest of humanity.

Christianity does not have the majority of personal experience on its side.

I guess that is subjective to the lens you use.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

wolfriverjoe

...Why doesn't personal experience count as evidence?

Well, I can come up with countless people who have been abducted by aliens; have seen Bigfoot, the Loch Ness Monster (or Champy or Ogopogo); have been attacked by an incubus or a sucubus (or an "old hag").

I can also come up with countless examples of "eyewitness" testimony (believed true by the witness, not perjury) that was proven false by forensic evidence.

Personal experience and eyewitness testimony are very unreliable as evidence.

Now do not be hatin on Ogopogo... a hell of a lot of good BC Bud has been consumed by some friends from Kelowna who have spent many hours on the lake and say they have seen her several times.

Use caution, you are being targeted. The object is to get you angry enough to say something that will cause the mods to exercise censorship.

Funny thing Ron, I seem to remember you saying several times that you mostly use this forum to troll for reactions.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

RonD1120

Matthew 10:
16 “Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves. Therefore be wise as serpents and harmless as doves.

You mean like telling people in this thread who are non co-believers that they're going to hell and are in the same company as Hitler and Stalin? As ye troll so shall ye be trolled.

RonD1120

There is, of course, not one iota, not one single shred, of evidence to support your beliefs, and a lot of evidence that much of the bible is complete BS.

In my church our pastor frequently will choose one or two folks to come up on the platform and give testimony as to what Jesus Christ has done in their lives.

When Christians share with other Christians we understand and experience shared joy.

No. To illustrate the point: If, for example,a child's belief in Santa Claus has a salutary effect, like motivating the kid to stop anti-social behavior and to strive to be a decent person, the salutary effect is not evidence that Santa Claus actually exists.

Nope.

The world is about 31% Christian. That means 69% non-Christian. If Ron is willing to accept as evidence the personal spiritual experience of 61% of the planet as evidence of the non-existence of Christ, then I'll gladly accept his personal spiritual experience as evidence for Christ.

- Dan G

DanG

Nope.

The world is about 31% Christian. That means 69% non-Christian. If Ron is willing to accept as evidence the personal spiritual experience of 61% of the planet as evidence of the non-existence of Christ, then I'll gladly accept his personal spiritual experience as evidence for Christ.

You assume the majority has never been wrong.

I don't think you're following the argument.

If Ron is going to use his personal experience as evidence for Christ, all I ask is that he allows everyone else's experience to be used as well.

That position assumes nothing about who is right or wrong. That conclusion would follow from an examination of all the evidence. I'll just letting Ron look in the back of the book so he can see that the preponderance of evidence might point to a conclusion he's not comfortable with.

Let me simplify it for you. I'm trying to get Ron to see that personal experience shouldn't be accepted as evidence of anything outside of that person.

- Dan G

DanG

I don't think you're following the argument.

If Ron is going to use his personal experience as evidence for Christ, all I ask is that he allows everyone else's experience to be used as well.

That position assumes nothing about who is right or wrong. That conclusion would follow from an examination of all the evidence. I'll just letting Ron look in the back of the book so he can see that the preponderance of evidence might point to a conclusion he's not comfortable with.

Let me simplify it for you. I'm trying to get Ron to see that personal experience shouldn't be accepted as evidence of anything outside of that person.

I truly believe that those who have rejected Christ have personal experiences justifying their choice. That is not the question.

All I am saying is that I have experienced a new life, a more abundant life since I met Jesus and he saved me. I and the other Christians here offer the invitation for you to join us.

The question is not who has the most evidence but rather what is stopping you from choosing a better life?

I assume you think it just can't get any better.

The question is not who has the most evidence but rather what is stopping you from choosing a better life?

I assume you think it just can't get any better.

Condescend much?

My life is awesome. I really, really don't need any help with it. If your life sucked and Jesus helped you make it better, good for you. Just don't assume that everyone else's life sucks just because yours used to.

- Dan G