skinnay

God fails to protect own priest in church

Looks like God doesn't care enough to protect his own people. This guy sure works in mysterious ways

Sad story for sure. The good news is that your statement acknowledges the existence of God. Sooooo...I humbly encourage you to read the 55th Chapter of Isaiah and pay close attention to verses 8-11.

Perhaps there's a greater good God sees and knows that you, I or anyone else does not see or know.

Boomerdog

Perhaps there's a greater good God sees and knows that you, I or anyone else does not see or know.

If there is, we'd expect some empirical evidence of that.

There is, of course, not one iota of evidence despite millennia or searching for it.

Which is exactly the same amount of evidence that supports the existence of Zeus, Odin, pink unicorns and the FSM.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

You are asking for physical evidence of a spiritual world. That seems silly to me. The challenge is to open and expand your awareness to include the spiritual. Of course, you have to be willing to try.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

You shut your mouth when you talk about the Flying Spaghetti Monster! His noodliness will strike upon you with a great vengeance! Let me calm him for you with this prayer...

Our spaghetti
Who art in the colander
Hallowed be thy sauce
Thy serving come
Thy strands be wrung
On forks as they are on spoons
Give us this day our daily meatball
And forgive us our starchiness
As we forgive those who are starchy against us
And lead us not into Kraft parmessan
But deliver us from Chef Boy Ardee
For thine is the garlic
And the onion and the bay leaves
For ever and ever.
Ramen

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

Anvilbrother

Our spaghetti
Who art in the colander
Hallowed be thy sauce
Thy serving come
Thy strands be wrung
For thine is the garlic
For ever and ever.
Ramen

PASTAFARI!

RonD1120

You are asking for physical evidence of a spiritual world. That seems silly to me. The challenge is to open and expand your awareness to include the spiritual. Of course, you have to be willing to try.

I had pasta last night.:P

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

I had pasta last night.:P

Spiritual experience?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Boomerdog

Looks like God doesn't care enough to protect his own people. This guy sure works in mysterious ways

Sad story for sure. The good news is that your statement acknowledges the existence of God. Sooooo...I humbly encourage you to read the 55th Chapter of Isaiah and pay close attention to verses 8-11.

Why would I read that crap? If God can't even protect his people, why would I waste my time?

In fact, there's no statistical difference in the death rate of any religious group. You would think with all that time jacking off to bibles people would be slightly more likely to live. Yet God still strikes those suckers down like everyone else :)

I have had several "bad" things happen to me in my 60 years.
Several times I have noticed, "Gee, I would not have been able to help that person through his problem if I hadn't gone through it."
Maybe not empirical, but proof enough for me. And I admit that not everyone is able to see the good that comes from their setbacks or maybe they just aren't looking. God is truly a mystery even to us who believe. But I am constantly looking around and I what I can't believe is that all of this "creation" around me just happened. In fact I don't think there is any empirical data for that happening either.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Lord, let me be the person my dog thinks I am.

skinnay

Why would I read that crap? If God can't even protect his people, why would I waste my time?

In fact, there's no statistical difference in the death rate of any religious group. You would think with all that time jacking off to bibles people would be slightly more likely to live. Yet God still strikes those suckers down like everyone else :)
Maybe that is just what He wants you to think.
There isn't room in Heaven for EVERYONE . . . we'll just leave you down below.:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

normiss

I think they hit that number millions of years ago.
ooops...thousands.
Hundreds.
Whatever works with bible math.
:S

No. Not even close.

You shut your mouth when you talk about the Flying Spaghetti Monster! His noodliness will strike upon you with a great vengeance! Let me calm him for you with this prayer...

Our spaghetti
Who art in the colander
Hallowed be thy sauce
Thy serving come
Thy strands be wrung
For thine is the garlic
For ever and ever.
Ramen

I gotta tell ya, this isn't even funny. No how, no way. "Be ye not deceived, God is not mocked"

You can hardly expect to be blessed if you have a tendency to make wise cracks about our Father in Heaven.

rwieder

Our spaghetti
Who art in the colander
Hallowed be thy sauce
Thy serving come
Thy strands be wrung
For thine is the garlic
For ever and ever.
Ramen

I gotta tell ya, this isn't even funny. No how, no way. "Be ye not deceived, God is not mocked"

You can hardly expect to be blessed if you have a tendency to make wise cracks about our Father in Heaven.

The quote you cite notwithstanding, you are anthropomorphizing a spiritual concept.

Thunderbow

Several times I have noticed, "Gee, I would not have been able to help that person through his problem if I hadn't gone through it."
Maybe not empirical, but proof enough for me.

I believe they call that a tautology. If the 'purpose' of going through a problem is to help someone else through a problem who can presumably then help someone else through a problem... you could still just not have problems in the first place. What you're describing sounds like God's running some sort of faith based pyramid scheme.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Well, clearly that's not true. We mock god, therefore god is mocked, no?

But I can expect to be happy:)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

kallend

There is, of course, not one iota of evidence despite millennia or searching for it.

Which is exactly the same amount of evidence that supports the existence of Zeus, Odin, pink unicorns and the FSM.

Bull shit! Proof: http://volcanobrewingcompany.com/
Remster