skinnay

Right Wing Revolution Begins

billvon

>Alcohol prohibition doesn't work...

But age limits and laws against drunk driving seem to.

>Abortion prohibition doesn't work...

But prohibiting partial birth abortions (or more accurately late term abortions) seems to work in many places.

>Prostitution prohibition doesn't work...

But requiring regular health tests in places where it's legal seems to work quite well.

You've made a good argument both against bans and for regulation.

"Come on baby, lets do the twist
Come on bbaaaaaaaabyyyyyyyyy, lets do the twist"

:S
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

***>You've made a good argument both against bans and for regulation.

he didn't twist, it's a good point. but the analogy needs to be carried forward

If banning late term abortions is good, perhaps two more laws banning late term abortions is even better

that's a more applicable comparison

(or one could even go the next obvious analogy - perhaps also banning mid-term abortions......then watch how the two hot topics are similar in arguments about 'chipping away' at rights, etc etc.)

we really need to stick with proper training and respect of the youth (and today....parents) about safe gun ownership.....we really need to focus on identifying the crazy people and helping them before we have to put them down when they turn violent. none is easy, and the bias and unreasonable fear that's now PC is hurting any real solution even as it's used as a political tool against the people.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

rehmwa

******>You've made a good argument both against bans and for regulation.

he didn't twist, it's a good point. but the analogy needs to be carried forward

If banning late term abortions is good, perhaps two more laws banning late term abortions is even better

that's a more applicable comparison

(or one could even go the next obvious analogy - perhaps also banning mid-term abortions......then watch how the two hot topics are similar in arguments about 'chipping away' at rights, etc etc.)

we really need to stick with proper training and respect of the youth (and today....parents) about safe gun ownership.....we really need to focus on identifying the crazy people and helping them before we have to put them down when they turn violent. none is easy, and the bias and unreasonable fear that's now PC is hurting any real solution even as it's used as a political tool against the people.

The problem as I see it Bill.. is very damn few people are willing to allow any erosion of rights like you are suggesting.. In the black and white world of the 2nd Amendment absolutists.. that is just going too far towards communism[:/]

Amazon

The problem as I see it Bill.. is very damn few people are willing to allow any erosion of rights like you are suggesting.. In the black and white world of the 2nd Amendment absolutists.. that is just going too far towards communism[:/]

No, the problem is the people proposing these erosions (Feinstein, HCI, etc) are all on record for their wish to eliminate all private weapons, and of their intent to do it incrementally if necessary.

kelpdiver

No, the problem is the people proposing these erosions (Feinstein, HCI, etc) are all on record for their wish to eliminate all private weapons, and of their intent to do it incrementally if necessary.

Sorry, Jeanne, I understand your take on it, but I lean more towards Kelp's read on it. The anti's are MUCH more fanatical and extreme and unreasonable about the issue. Makes it extremely difficult to find a true solution when they are ridiculous and uncompromising.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

rehmwa

Sorry, Jeanne, I understand your take on it, but I lean more towards Kelp's read on it. The anti's are MUCH more fanatical and extreme and unreasonable about the issue. Makes it extremely difficult to find a true solution when they are ridiculous and uncompromising.

So at what point will it be impossible to have sane rules to stop the insane... When some atrocity so heinous that there will be no stopping the looney lefty toons from going for the whole enchilada and no one... and I do mean no one will dare oppose them.. We are a fear driven society.. and fear will win out.[:/][:/]

Amazon

.. We are a fear driven society.. and fear will win out.[:/][:/]

I don't believe that of mankind (at least, I don't believe that in general), even though many operate on that assumption and try to use fear to leverage power. In the end, they also will fail.

It requires more government, not less, to allow that 'fearful' minority to be tyrants over the rest of us.....

rehmwa

***.. We are a fear driven society.. and fear will win out.[:/][:/]

I don't believe that of mankind (at least, I don't believe that in general), even though many operate on that assumption and try to use fear to leverage power. In the end, they also will fail.

It requires more government, not less, to allow that 'fearful' minority to be tyrants over the rest of us.....

How much have we been led to believe we need all this "protection" right into a police state since 9/11??? Fear of the terrorists won out contrary to what harm they really did, we have done far more to ourselves to protect America from the "evil-doers"

New flash. TK Hayes owns guns. A lot of them, and has been shooting guns, hunting and enjoying gun sports since he was 6 years old. TK Hayes is not in favor of banning guns. Nice try though - rather than go address the arguments I have posted, you decide to go on a tangent and pretend something happened that actually did not.

Please try to stick to reality.

I absolutely advocate and always have that it is a complex issue. And I absolutley advocate and laways have advocated that guns and the availability of guns, the quantity of guns is part of the problem.

'Your side' advocates that 'good guys with guns' are a good thing, so I will continue to bash that down every chance I get. As I should. Because it is based in reality, not some ideology. good guys with guns are killing and murdering people very day in this country.

The second amendment is a barrier yes. and agreed it is a constitutional right. Funny how the right has no problem with dismantling the constitutional voting rights, but stands firm when gun rights are talked about.

BTW, I am all for changing the second amendment. A bullshit amendment in this day and age. Needs an overhaul. Afterall, it was an 'amendment itself' ratified many years after the start of the country. Like so many other parts of the Constitution, it could use some work. Let's change it.

DanG

Afterall, it was an 'amendment itself' ratified many years after the start of the country.

The Constitution and Bill of Rights were ratified at the same time.

Uh... No. They were not.

The US Constitution was "created" on September 17, 1787 and ratified on June 21, 1788.

The US Bill of Rights was "created" on September 25, 1789, adopted by the House on August 21, 1789, and the first 10 were ratified on December 15, 1791. The 11th was adopted 203 years later as the 27th Amendment. The 12th is still pending (technically, but will never be).
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Okay Professor. You are technically correct. The Bill of Rights was ratified a few years after the Constitution. However, the ideas contained therein were drafted to assuage the fears of the Anti-Federalists, without whose support the Constitution would not have been ratified. In legal terms, they were separated by a few years. In concept, they went hand-in-hand.

- Dan G

tkhayes

New flash. TK Hayes owns guns. A lot of them, and has been shooting guns, hunting and enjoying gun sports since he was 6 years old. TK Hayes is not in favor of banning guns. Nice try though - rather than go address the arguments I have posted, you decide to go on a tangent and pretend something happened that actually did not.

I absolutely advocate and always have that it is a complex issue. And I absolutley advocate and laways have advocated that guns and the availability of guns, the quantity of guns is part of the problem.

'Your side' advocates that 'good guys with guns' are a good thing, so I will continue to bash that down every chance I get. As I should. Because it is based in reality, not some ideology. good guys with guns are killing and murdering people very day in this country.

You own guns, well imagine that
doesnt change the fact that you and yours (consider Feinstien) think only you and yours are qualified, smart enough, sane enough to own guns

So my reality is on track
Your comments, (if true) change not a damned thing

Next.....
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

***New flash. TK Hayes owns guns. A lot of them, and has been shooting guns, hunting and enjoying gun sports since he was 6 years old. TK Hayes is not in favor of banning guns. Nice try though - rather than go address the arguments I have posted, you decide to go on a tangent and pretend something happened that actually did not.

I absolutely advocate and always have that it is a complex issue. And I absolutely advocate and always have advocated that guns and the availability of guns, the quantity of guns is part of the problem.

You own guns, well imagine that
doesn't change the fact that you and yours (consider Feinstien) think only you and yours are qualified, smart enough, sane enough to own guns

So my reality is on track
Your comments, (if true) change not a damned thing

Next.....

That is on amazing assumption Marc. I also own firearms and concealed carry and always have. I do not in any way support banning any kind of guns but I do want to keep the mentally unstable nutcases that feel that the way to infamy lies in a path thru a local school or anywhere else with large amounts of innocent people to get the nutty little mitts on any kind of firearm...PERIOD. But I guess you assume that I too want to take away all your guns because I do not agree with you politically.:S:S

rehmwa

I'm fairly outspoken here on firearms issues, as most have probably observed, and I will acknowledge it is through the lens of someone who lives in California where "compromise" means only half of all the new gun restrictions that are proposed get passed and signed into law every year.

If you live somewhere where you write your representatives and get as ignored as I do but in the other direction, I empathize with you.

rhaig

***show where I have ever said we should ban guns. more rhetoric not based in reality. I would expect nothing less.

look... taking lessons from kallend on not stating any opinion or making useful contribution to the conversation.

Don't blame me for your inability to use a search function or your absence of reading comprehension.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Amazon

That is on amazing assumption Marc. I also own firearms and concealed carry and always have. I do not in any way support banning any kind of guns but I do want to keep the mentally unstable nutcases that feel that the way to infamy lies in a path thru a local school or anywhere else with large amounts of innocent people to get the nutty little mitts on any kind of firearm...PERIOD. But I guess you assume that I too want to take away all your guns because I do not agree with you politically.:S:S

Great - lets start with you in particular, we can throw john in if you wish,

I'll pick the doctor and you can go through an interview where the doctor decides you are fit to own guns or any weapon at all, or not.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

******No one is asking for prohibition.

But sure, go ahead and be another conservative with no only no solution, but an extremist point of view not based in any reality.

Ya, you are

Cause you are looking for a problem to support your "solution". But you are looking at the wrong problem
Guns are not the issue
Your perceived evil of guns is YOUR issue

If deaths really meant as much to your as you say here, then you would be talking about other things that cause WAY more deaths than nuts with guns
But that does not fit your hatred for guns and gun owners

Crocodile tears my friend, and you are being called out on them

You are not going to convince him.

It's alot like this[:/] . . . with the fence being the second amendment. They just can't seem to get through it no matter how hard they try.:)

Gotta give them credit though - they ARE persistent.:D

That video explains.:D:D Got to laugh at the stupidity.

kallend

******show where I have ever said we should ban guns. more rhetoric not based in reality. I would expect nothing less.

look... taking lessons from kallend on not stating any opinion or making useful contribution to the conversation.

Don't blame me for your inability to use a search function or your absence of reading comprehension.

There's the reading comprehension PA you're so accustomed to using. I knew it would come out soon.
--
Rob

kelpdiver

***>Alcohol prohibition doesn't work...

But age limits and laws against drunk driving seem to.

with twice the fatalities as guns, that's an interesting measure of success. An inconsistent one, to say the least.

Gun death's in the US were roughly 10,950 most of those more than likely SUICIDE.

Traffic deaths in 2013 roughly 35,200. I thought that number would have been more but that was the number I found in a quick search.