RMK

You're still Number 1

Though lacking in ranking tables of seemingly unimportant metrics such as education and healthcare, America still dominates in the areas of obesity rates, percentage of population in jail and number of “gun crazies” (nominal or percentage terms).

So seeing the recent case of the nutcase in New Brunswick, Canada, may cause some unease, among the “shootin iron folk” that your northern neighbour is impinging on your turf. However, just days later, you’re back in the news with the Seattle Pacific shooting. The chanting can resume ”USA, USA, we’re number one, we’re number one...”.

not to make light of a deadly shooting which is abhorrent in any country or by any nationality; but definitely aimed at the NRA disciples that define a nations worth on whether or not you can visit your local coffee shop or restaurant brandishing a 50 calibre.
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

You spend millions on a silly and corrupt royal family, you have bad teeth, your food tastes like donkey dick, you have a nanny-state BPA, you don't know how to say the word "shit", you use rocks or something as a unit of measure, and you have the Welsh.

So don't be throwing stones. Rocks. Whatever.

CornishChris

See attached....

I dont see the assult weapon the pic mentions

Did you attach the wrong propoganda?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Andy9o8

You spend millions on a silly and corrupt royal family, you have bad teeth, your food tastes like donkey dick, you have a nanny-state BPA, you don't know how to say the word "shit", you use rocks or something as a unit of measure, and you have the Welsh.

OK. Must admit I'm with you on the use of "stone" as a unit of body weight ... and the Welsh.

In that photo, the young girl clearly has her index finger on the trigger instead of straight against the side. She'll never earn her Girl Scout Junior SWAT Team Merit Badge with sloppy weapons training of that nature.

Of course, it will be pointed out that the photo was probably staged by some of those left-wing types with their fancy "book learnin".

RMK

***You spend millions on a silly and corrupt royal family, you have bad teeth, your food tastes like donkey dick, you have a nanny-state BPA, you don't know how to say the word "shit", you use rocks or something as a unit of measure, and you have the Welsh.

OK. Must admit I'm with you on the use of "stone" as a unit of body weight ... and the Welsh.

and you don't know how to pronounce aluminum correctly........so there :P
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

Rick

******You spend millions on a silly and corrupt royal family, you have bad teeth, your food tastes like donkey dick, you have a nanny-state BPA, you don't know how to say the word "shit", you use rocks or something as a unit of measure, and you have the Welsh.

and you don't know how to pronounce aluminum correctly........so there :P

It's spelled aluminium. Queens English please ;)

, you use rocks or something as a unit of measure, and you have the Welsh.

Only the Americans could refuse point blank to adopt the metric system while complaining that base 14 is too complicated!

They're called kilograms, bitches. Welcome to the 20th century (you can catch the rest up later;))
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

CornishChris

See attached....

You can swop that rifle out for cigarettes and alcohol, banning those would have more impact on ALL early deaths.

Would those same people crying out for gun bans be willing to give up their wine and cigs to stop people from getting drunk and killing themselves and others?

But I've never hurt anyone after drinking they'd cry, why am I being punished?!

jakee

Only the Americans could refuse point blank to adopt the metric system while complaining that base 14 is too complicated!

They're called kilograms, bitches. Welcome to the 20th century (you can catch the rest up later;))

we tried it in the 70's. we didnt like it,hah. although our military does in fact use it because its more simple. especially when counting in your head. i could not imagine trying to count pace then converting to miles then trying to add miles or half miles. my smarter friends in the artillery, who had to do real math, im sure agree with me.

all kidding aside. it would be rather expensive to convert all our factories to metric. its cheaper to make car mechanics buy two sets of tools.
"The point is, I'm weird, but I never felt weird."
John Frusciante

jakee

OK gotta give you that 1 ;) I think it was in the early 70's we were going to switch over obviously we dropped the ball on that
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

Andy9o8

You've tasted donkey dick?

Chuck

masterrig

***You spend millions on a silly and corrupt royal family, you have bad teeth, your food tastes like donkey dick, you have a nanny-state BPA, you don't know how to say the word "shit", you use rocks or something as a unit of measure, and you have the Welsh.

Chuck

Thank you Chuck... I was so not going to ask that one... it fits into my TMI parameters.

and now for the rest of the story...

Report on the Battles of Lexington and Concord
Major John Pitcairn

April 26, 1775

Boston Camp,
To: General Thomas Gage

Sir,

As you are anxious to know the particulars that happened near and at Lexington in the 19 th Inst agreeable to your desire, I will in as concise a manner as possible state the facts, for my time at present is so much employed, as to prevent a more particular narrative of the occurrences of that day.

Six companies of Light Infantry were detached by Lt Colo Smith to take possession of two bridges on the other side of Concord, near three in the Morning, when we were advanced within about two miles of Lexington, intelligence was received that about 500 men in arms were assembled, determined to oppose the Kings troops, and retard them in their march. On this intelligence, I mounted my horse, and galloped up to the six Light Companies. When I arrived at the head of the advance Company, two officers came and informed me, that a man of the rebels advanced from those that were assembled, had presented his musket and attempted to shoot them, but the piece flashed in the pan. On this I gave directions to the troops to move forward, but on no account to fire, or even attempt it without orders; when I arrived at the end of the Village, I observed drawn up upon a Green near 200 rebels; when I came within about 100 yards of them, they began to file off towards some stone walls on our right flank. The Light Infantry, observing this, ran after them. I instantly called to the soldiers not to fire, but surround and disarm them, and after several repetitions of those positive orders to the men, not to fire, etc. some of the rebels who had jumped over the wall fired four or five shots at the soldiers, which wounded a man of the Tenth and my horse was wounded in two places, from some quarter or other, and at the same time several shots were fired from a meeting house on our left. Upon this, without any order or regularity, the Light Infantry began a scattered fire, and continued in that situation for some little time, contrary to the repeated orders both of me and the officers that were present. It will be needless to mention what happened after, as I suppose Colo Smith hath given a particular account of it..

I am, Sir, Your Most Obedt
Humble Servant
John Pitcairn

Maj Pitcairn was orderd by General Gage to confiscate arms, powder, and ball from the armories as well as from the good citizens of Lexington and Concord.

Apparently the good citizens of Lexington and Concord had a "differing point of view" as they say.

Now it makes good military sense to confiscate weapons from a citiznery on who's land one occupies. It's bad enough to have to fight an opposing army and worse to fight an opposing army PLUS a citizen insurgency.

Sooo...every city British Redcoats occupied, they were dern smart to confiscate weapons.

But this was NOT lost on our Founding Fathers once you guys left from this place called Yorktown, Virginia. It's a sleepy little town on the James River about 20 miles from Williamsburg...great place; been there many times!

So before you call us a bunch of "gun crazies," try to understand and be a bit respectful of our history and point of view. After all when I visit your wonderful country (and I have on many occassions of which I am fortunate), I defer to a principle of respect for your point of view.

We have a Second Amendment for very good reasons. So it begs the question, WHO gave us that idea and set the conditions in the first place?

So since we are throwing verbal rocks today, I will politely toss one back your way.

Have a good jump weekend...I certainly intend to.

Amazon

******You spend millions on a silly and corrupt royal family, you have bad teeth, your food tastes like donkey dick, you have a nanny-state BPA, you don't know how to say the word "shit", you use rocks or something as a unit of measure, and you have the Welsh.

Chuck

Thank you Chuck... I was so not going to ask that one... it fits into my TMI parameters.

I couldn't help myself. I was thinking 'Happy Gilmour' when he asked the 'pro'... "You eat little balls of shit for breakfast?" :ph34r::ph34r:

Chuck

masterrig

Maybe he just smelled one, and guesstimated.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

champu

They can have our 60 Hz grid when they pry it from our cold dead hands.

Know about the 50Hz/60Hz difference but never thought about why. What's the historical story behind the two different grid setups?

Re television formats (pre HD), the British PAL system was higher resolution than American NTSC, but French SECAM was higher resolution than both. The reasoning was US adopted their colour TV format in late 50s, UK in early 60s, France later in 60s - each just used the best available technology at the time of inception.