regulator

Racism: Democrats are just as racist as any other party

jgoose71

Perhaps a course in Testing Bias might help your understanding... if you REALLY want to understand. [:/]

Ah yes, testing bias. You might as well though "White Privilege" in there while you are at it.

The Democrats saying "I'm sorry you are black. You will never make it in this world as is. Let's change the rules for you. You will never make it unless we do. Remember to vote Democrat or you will never make it!!!"

Once again, patronizing and pandering, and worse yet, saying that because they are black, there is something different about them. Way to be post racial.

Who do you think has a better chance in our educational system.. a poor school district.. or an affluent suburb's school district.

The next thing you have to ask is who wrote the tests.. I can tailor a test that will make it nearly impossible for most people to pass it..

Kinda like the old poll tests in the south and how they used that to suppress voter's who were too stooooopid to pass their test. Then again.. only some people had to take those tests.

I think voter suppression is about as un-American as one can get. BUT if the GOP wants to do it.. then lets apply EQUALITY across the board in ALL districts in ALL states.

Personally I think only American citizens should be able to vote. I would add the caveat that ALL Americans should have to pass the same citizenship test that naturalized citizens are forced to take.. If you want to be a citizen... and get the right to vote... you need to participate. Prove that Patriotism..

>The Republican party then and now has always looked at all people as equals.

Except immigrants. Americans come first! And gays; they should be denied the right to marry to support American families. And Muslims; it's nuts to search a white woman and let a Muslim man get on an airplane with only a scan! And "inner city" people. They are to blame for their own problems, whatever they are.

But everyone else is equal.

Andy9o8

I can't turn on the news without hearing how "The poor down trodden black folk will never be able to make it unless we give them a hand out...."

Really? Now there's a real boost to your credibility. Yeah, you go with that.

Somehow I think he doesn't really care if your approval rating of him is on the decline...or maybe that's just me.

billvon

>The Republican party then and now has always looked at all people as equals.

Except immigrants. Americans come first! And gays; they should be denied the right to marry to support American families. And Muslims; it's nuts to search a white woman and let a Muslim man get on an airplane with only a scan! And "inner city" people. They are to blame for their own problems, whatever they are.

Unless youre a white person with christian beliefs. Just like virtually every liberal on rhis site constantly knocking ron for his beliefs. And while republicans get constantly annoited as racists from the left, conatantly crying out racism when there is none is a common tactic of dems. Dont like obamacare? Youre racist! Dont like how the president handled the IRS scandal of targeting tea party groups? Youre racist! Its a sad pathetic political tactic. Get a new talking point already.

>Get a new talking point already.

If you are going to complain about a talking point, it would behoove you to not use exactly the same talking point in your own post. Makes you look a bit . . . hypocritical.

"Democrats suck, and anyone who says political parties suck is a jerk!"

regulator

Isn't Bloomberg's old stomping grounds supposed to be the one place in america where every person is free and equal? Unless you're white and christian, of course.

Is this the same Bloomberg who supported a NYPD policy of "stop and frisk" whereby mostly young black men are stopped by the police with no due cause and are subjected to search for doing nothing more than walking down the street and being black? Couldn't be. [:/]

Amazon

Who do you think has a better chance in our educational system.. a poor school district.. or an affluent suburb's school district.

The next thing you have to ask is who wrote the tests.. I can tailor a test that will make it nearly impossible for most people to pass it..

And what does this have to do with race? Unless you are saying that we send all the black kids to poor schools...

Wait a minute, the Republicans are trying to get school choice going! Only the Democratic party and the school unions are fighting it... racists....
Amazon

Kinda like the old poll tests in the south and how they used that to suppress voter's who were too stooooopid to pass their test. Then again.. only some people had to take those tests.

Yep, initiatives instituted by the "Dixiecrats"

Amazon

I think voter suppression is about as un-American as one can get. BUT if the GOP wants to do it.. then lets apply EQUALITY across the board in ALL districts in ALL states.

OK, do you have an example of legislation that says, "Only blacks shall (choose something) before they can vote?"

Amazon

Personally I think only American citizens should be able to vote. I would add the caveat that ALL Americans should have to pass the same citizenship test that naturalized citizens are forced to take.. If you want to be a citizen... and get the right to vote... you need to participate. Prove that Patriotism..

Wait, I thought earlier you said tests at polls were racist. Now I'm confused.
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

billvon

Except immigrants. Americans come first!

I didn't know "Illegal" was a race. Thank you for clearing that up.

billvon

And gays; they should be denied the right to marry to support American families.

Now you're muddling the issue by throwing in religious rights. Are you suggesting that the government tell the church what to do? Way to step all over the first amendment. But keep going. I guess we can now classify gay as a race.

billvon

And Muslims; it's nuts to search a white woman and let a Muslim man get on an airplane with only a scan!

Your being intellectually dishonest here. There is a difference between racial profiling and behavioral profiling. Only the left has a difficulty telling the difference between the two. Usually so they can continue to try to label republicans as racist in their attempt to re-write history.

billvon

And "inner city" people. They are to blame for their own problems, whatever they are.

Didn't realise "inner city" was a race. Only Republicans though are trying to implement real changes to bring jobs back to the U.S. to bring these areas out of poverty though. Or is poverty a race also?
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

jgoose71

And what does this have to do with race? Unless you are saying that we send all the black kids to poor schools... You really should study up on this subject, it might be enlightening for you

Wait a minute, the Republicans are trying to get school choice going! Only the Democratic party and the school unions are fighting it... racists.... Problem is your school choice means RELIGOUS SCHOOL VOUCHERS
Amazon

Yep, initiatives instituted by the "Dixiecrats" Who as good conservative fled to the GOP as part of the "Southern Strategy"

Amazon

OK, do you have an example of legislation that says, "Only blacks shall (choose something) before they can vote?" Look into the lack of machines etc in poor districts and waiting times designed to discourage...OR even better.. fix the voting machines as Diebold did after their CEO promised to help out the GOP any way they could. if you can't win fairly.. cheat.. its the only way the GOP has a prayer of a chance

Amazon

Yes... you are indeed confused... forest for the all those silly trees comes to mind

And you have done a good job of swallowing the lefts line to re-write history. Good job.

As long as the left keeps pushing racial politics, there will be a divide in the races. Divide and conquer. That is the Saul Alinsky way. Who care what it does to the country.

jgoose71

And you have done a good job of swallowing the lefts line to re-write history. Good job.

As long as the left keeps pushing racial politics, there will be a divide in the races. Divide and conquer. That is the Saul Alinsky way. Who care what it does to the country.

Mmm yeah... sorry I lived that history... and I suppose the sheet wearin conservatives are not pushing racial politics any more either. Some are more honest than others and are a tad more upfront about it... They certainly care...

The left needs racism. It's how they win elections. War on blacks, war on gays, war on women, etc, etc, etc,....

Then comes the pandering. Vote for me and end the war.

When the left stops with the racial politics, stops pandering, and starts having debates of real substance, then I might give your argument some level of credit.

Until then, the left is doing there best to keep the races segregated and feeling victimized. To politicians like LBJ, they are just stupid pawns to be used to keep them in power.

As quoted above "I'll have those n*ggers voting Democrat for the next 200 years."

jgoose71

The left needs racism.

Fortunately for them, there are plenty on the right happy to oblige them.

When the right stops with the discriminatory politics, stops paying lip service to equality, and starts having debates of real substance then I might give your argument some level of credit.

(see how it works?)
Never try to eat more than you can lift

Amazon

And what does this have to do with race? Unless you are saying that we send all the black kids to poor schools... You really should study up on this subject, it might be enlightening for you

Wait a minute, the Republicans are trying to get school choice going! Only the Democratic party and the school unions are fighting it... racists.... Problem is your school choice means RELIGOUS SCHOOL VOUCHERS
Amazon

Yep, initiatives instituted by the "Dixiecrats" Who as good conservative fled to the GOP as part of the "Southern Strategy"

Amazon

OK, do you have an example of legislation that says, "Only blacks shall (choose something) before they can vote?" Look into the lack of machines etc in poor districts and waiting times designed to discourage...OR even better.. fix the voting machines as Diebold did after their CEO promised to help out the GOP any way they could. if you can't win fairly.. cheat.. its the only way the GOP has a prayer of a chance

Amazon

Yes... you are indeed confused... forest for the all those silly trees comes to mind

I don't think the red coloring got your point stated strongly enough. You should try another color.

Stumpy

***The left needs racism.

Fortunately for them, there are plenty on the right happy to oblige them.

When the right stops with the discriminatory politics, stops paying lip service to equality, and starts having debates of real substance then I might give your argument some level of credit.

(see how it works?)

The fatal flaw in your argument is that you don't seem to know the difference between race baiting and real racism.

Get a clue.

>Mmm yeah... sorry I lived that history... and I suppose the sheet wearin conservatives are not pushing racial politics any more either. Some are more honest than others and are a tad more upfront about it... They certainly care...

I thought the KKK was tied to southern democrats back in the the years of the fight for equal rights.
I was born in 1963 and remember listening to the adults talking politics in the late sixties and early seventies,and the democrats sure seemed racist compared to the republicans.

Or do you truly believe black people are dumber than white people?

Without context that is a pretty silly question.

I am sure that both races have the same inherent ability to aquire knowledge. However if it is harder for one race to get into an education system, or if the education system available to one race is worse than the one available to the other race, you will end up with one race "dumber" than the other race.

toolbox

I thought the KKK was tied to southern democrats back in the the years of the fight for equal rights.
I was born in 1963 and remember listening to the adults talking politics in the late sixties and early seventies,and the democrats sure seemed racist compared to the republicans.

The Democrats are racists. I know Amazon has her vision on how it went, but I think this is a little more accurate.

From 1975 to 2007, 13 Million southerners moved out of the south, meanwhile 19 Million Non-Southerners moved in.

During this migration, you've seen the southern states move from Democratic to a more government with more Republicans.

Here is a link to the gradual movements from Pew Social trends:
http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2008/12/17/u-s-migration-flows/

Now what you have is a Republican state that still has the "Stars and Bars" flying proudly on the flag. Wasn't hard for the Democratic party to twist the weak minded and re-write history after that.

SkyDekker

However if it is harder for one race to get into an education system, or if the education system available to one race is worse than the one available to the other race, you will end up with one race "dumber" than the other race.

interesting, in essence "yes, they ARE dumber.....but it's our fault"

Sounds like something one of these guys would say:

Ross Perot
Mitt Romney
John Kerry
Al Franken

I suspect the usual suspects would smile, nod and drool if two of them said it, and get outraged and up in arms if the other two said it (well, if Ross Perot said it, everyone would be up in arms)

It really is simpler and more accurate to deal with people as individuals rather than as stereotypes of subgroups....

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

SkyDekker

Or do you truly believe black people are dumber than white people?

Without context that is a pretty silly question.

I am sure that both races have the same inherent ability to aquire knowledge. However if it is harder for one race to get into an education system, or if the education system available to one race is worse than the one available to the other race, you will end up with one race "dumber" than the other race.

If you think the U.S. school system is racist, take it up with the liberal democrats. They've ran it for the last 20 years.

Fortunately though when I signed up my kids for school, they didn't have signs that said "black kids to the left, white kids to the right" but I guess according to you, they are on the way....

toolbox

>Mmm yeah... sorry I lived that history... and I suppose the sheet wearin conservatives are not pushing racial politics any more either. Some are more honest than others and are a tad more upfront about it... They certainly care...

They were but after LBJ "stabbed them in the back" after Kennedy died... they left in droves because they did not want to be in a party "with those people".

It was known as the Southern Strategy... and the GOP inherited all those good ole boy "conservatives" to the utter chagrin of the likes of Goldwater and other GOP conservatives.

>The Democrats are racists.

As are Republicans. The people are very similar in both cases - most pretty good people, but with the same smattering of racists and bigots that you get in any other group.

Currently the _policies_ of republicans lead to more discrimination than those of democrats, primarily because of their opposition to things like gay rights and support for profiling.

150 years ago the opposite was true. This will change again with time.

That depends on how you define discrimination. I think telling some poor SOB that he isn't good enough and has no hope so we'll supplement his existence is a particularly cruel form of discrimination. Instead of addressing the problem you put a band-aid on it and hope it goes away.

Now the problem has become permanent because we aren't allowed to have this discussion unless we hide behind screen names.

"Let me put it this way: when you rob someone of their incentive to go out there and improve themselves, you are not doing them any favors. When you take someone and pat them on the head and say, 'There there you poor little thing,' I'm gonna give you food stamps, I'm gonna give you housing subsidies, I'm gonna give you free health care.'"..."What would be much more empowering, is to use our intellect and our resources to give those people a way up and out."
Ben Carson
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-V6VMIy5Hc
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne