regulator

Racism: Democrats are just as racist as any other party

The media would have freaked out if a conservative would have said this (rightfully so). The Al Sharpton’s of the world drum up racism when it doesn’t exist, and when it actually does, they remain silent, because this person is a Democrat.

From Downtrend:
Another Democratic lawmaker is under fire for racist remarks.
Ellen Birnbaum, a legislator from Nassau County, New York, is resisting calls to resign from an outraged public after she allegedly said. “This is a bad neighborhood because African-Americans live there. Very few people would want to go there.” The comment was apparently in reference to the area surrounding a community center in New Cassel.

She has apologized and said her comments were “insensitive,” but refused to resign and said she wants to rebuild the trust of the community. “I will every day to build bridges with the African-American community,” she said.

“You cannot say these things about a particular community and expect that an apology will simply wash it away,” said Abrahams, who last week stripped Birnbaum of committee assignments and removed her from the Democrats’ caucus.
At the rally, former Nassau Legis. Robert Troiano, a North Hempstead official, read an account of Birnbaum’s remarks, which he said came from a “collective recollection” of people who heard them directly. She was speaking to staff attorneys and was overheard by an aide to Legis. Siela Bynoe (D-Westbury).

“She said, ‘Why would anyone want to go there?’ Then . . . she added, ‘It’s a bad neighborhood,’ and ‘It’s a ghetto’ and . . . ‘It’s full of those black people,’ ” Troiano said.

“She then . . . whispered, ‘Come on, who from the rest of the town is going to go there? After all, mostly black people live there,’ ” Troiano continued. “She later added, ‘All they want to do is play basketball.’”

I look forward to not hearing anything about this on the mainstream media. Can you imagine what would have happened if Mitt Romney or George Bush would have said something like this?

I look forward to not hearing anything about this on the mainstream media. Can you imagine what would have happened if Mitt Romney or George Bush would have said something like this?

Were Mitt Romney and George Bush local legislators from Nassau County, New York?

- Dan G

Bloomberg's old stomping grounds

Do you mean Medford, MA where he grew up, Boston, MA where he went to grad school, or Manhattan, where he lived and worked as an adult?

But let's get to the skinny: racist goat-fuckers in the GOP outnumber racist goat-fuckers who are Dems by about 1,000-to-1. For the most part, those who are desperate to claim otherwise tend to be other racist goat-fuckers. Whomever those may be.

Isn't Bloomberg's old stomping grounds supposed to be the one place in america where every person is free and equal? Unless you're white and christian, of course.

What does that complete non-sequitor have to do with anything? What restriction on freedom or lack of equality are you talking about?

- Dan G

The very worst of racist comments I hear come from -self proclaimed- 'hard core' dems.

no contest - however anyone that's passionate to the point of caricature is usually screwed up in a lot of ways

I don't consider them to be representative of the party though. That would be as stupid as some of the generalizations we see here about both parties.

you can't take the worst of a group and pretend the entire group is like them - that's lazy and the worst form of stereotyping.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

>Were Mitt Romney and George Bush local legislators from Nassau County, New York?

Details, details. Where's the outrage in that? Who gets angry? Who do you insult? No one - so your post fails to meet the most basic Speaker's Corner criteria.

Actually, Democrats are a lot more racist than Republicans.

I can't turn on the news without hearing how "The poor down trodden black folk will never be able to make it unless we give them a hand out...."

I haven't heard to many Republicans talking down to people of different races like that.

Amazon even had a post on here about how college professors don't respond to people of different races as often as they do white males. Theory? After they get them into class with affirmative action, they feel they have done their part now don't want to have the face to face interaction.

For more on how the Democrats have tried to re-write history check this out. I've put a few of my favorite pieces on display:

http://stolenhistory.org/

"I do not want the “government” to treat me any differently than any other citizen. Therefore, I consider equality of opportunity and equal voting rights to be the summation of Civil Rights in America. If anything extra is afforded me or anyone else merely due to the color of their skin, I consider that to be an entitlement and patronizing."

Lifetime Republican Party support for Equal Rights for all Citizens: 94%

Lifetime Democratic Party Support for Equal rights for all Citizens: 35%

"The final version of the 1964 Civil Rights Act was written by a Republican which means that since the Emancipation Proclamation of 1863 to the Civil Rights Act of 1964, every Civil Rights Law was written by a Republican with more Republican support than Democratic Party Support.

Some notes about its passage;

Robert Byrd (D) filibustered the Bill…the longest filibuster in American History

William Fulbright (D) voted against the Bill. He was Bill Clinton’s mentor.

Al Gore Sr. (D) voted against the Bill

Speaking to two Governors on Air Force One, then President LB Johnson was quoted saying, “”I’ll have those n*ggers voting Democratic for the next 200 years.” according Ronald Kessler’s Book in relation to the Law.

My belief is that the Party’s did not change. The tactics changed. They went from Pro-Slavery to Pro-Segregation to Pro-Entitlement, all of which results in nothing beneficial for the prosperity of an individual and is considered by many of my ilk, “Plantation Politics”.
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

I can't turn on the news without hearing how "The poor down trodden black folk will never be able to make it unless we give them a hand out...."

Really? Now there's a real boost to your credibility. Yeah, you go with that.

Andy9o8

Don't listen to Chris Matthews or Rachel Maddow much do you? I don't blame you. I wouldn't either if my choices over here weren't so limited.
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

jgoose71

Actually, Democrats are a lot more racist than Republicans.

I haven't heard to many Republicans talking down to people of different races like that.

Amazon even had a post on here about how college professors don't respond to people of different races as often as they do white males. Theory? After they get them into class with affirmative action, they feel they have done their part now don't want to have the face to face interaction.

For more on how the Democrats have tried to re-write history check this out. I've put a few of my favorite pieces on display:

http://stolenhistory.org/

"I do not want the “government” to treat me any differently than any other citizen. Therefore, I consider equality of opportunity and equal voting rights to be the summation of Civil Rights in America. If anything extra is afforded me or anyone else merely due to the color of their skin, I consider that to be an entitlement and patronizing."

"The final version of the 1964 Civil Rights Act was written by a Republican which means that since the Emancipation Proclamation of 1863 to the Civil Rights Act of 1964, every Civil Rights Law was written by a Republican with more Republican support than Democratic Party Support.

Some notes about its passage;

Robert Byrd (D) filibustered the Bill…the longest filibuster in American History

William Fulbright (D) voted against the Bill. He was Bill Clinton’s mentor.

Al Gore Sr. (D) voted against the Bill

Speaking to two Governors on Air Force One, then President LB Johnson was quoted saying, “”I’ll have those n*ggers voting Democratic for the next 200 years.” according Ronald Kessler’s Book in relation to the Law.

My belief is that the Party’s did not change. The tactics changed. They went from Pro-Slavery to Pro-Segregation to Pro-Entitlement, all of which results in nothing beneficial for the prosperity of an individual and is considered by many of my ilk, “Plantation Politics”.

Are we going to have another bout of revisionist history for all to see yet again..
the Republican and Democratic Party are about 180 degrees from where they were in the 1960's... Truth does matter. The Republican Party of Lincoln or even Eisenhower is long dead.[:/]

jgoose71

Don't listen to Chris Matthews or Rachel Maddow much do you? I don't blame you. I wouldn't either if my choices over here weren't so limited.

Yeah, keep going with that. Or, raise your game. Whatever.

DanG

How on Earth is that number calculated?

Reach in butt... grab something.. and see what you can pull out...

DanG

Hey, at least there are (uncited) numbers. I'm guessing it's a collection of stated views all Members of Congress since 1865.

I was expecting something like that from Regulator in the opening stanza, not a disappointing irrelevant note about a county supervisor. It completely failed to live up to the claim of the subject title, which implied a collective comparison.

DanG

(jgoose)Lifetime Republican Party support for Equal Rights for all Citizens: 94%

Over a lifetime, of course.

Amazon

Are we going to have another bout of revisionist history for all to see yet again..
the Republican and Democratic Party are about 180 degrees from where they were in the 1960's... Truth does matter. The Republican Party of Lincoln or even Eisenhower is long dead.[:/]

The Republican party then and now has always looked at all people as equals.

The Democratic party didn't. But when they realized that blacks were going to soon be able to do things like vote, they changed tactics. LBJ gave his quote above and then they went into patronizing. Patronizing is still looking down.

Affirmative Action is a prime example. What does it say about people of other races when you lower the standards for them?

Or worse yet rank them? If you're this race you have to be here, if you're that race you only have to be there.

Or do you truly believe black people are dumber than white people?

And who brought us the concept that blacks will never get into college unless we lower the standard for them?

DanG

I'm guessing you didn't click on the link I provided.

jgoose71

The Republican party then and now has always looked at all people as equals.

The Democratic party didn't. But when they realized that blacks were going to soon be able to do things like vote, they changed tactics. LBJ gave his quote above and then they went into patronizing. Patronizing is still looking down.

Affirmative Action is a prime example. What does it say about people of other races when you lower the standards for them?

Or worse yet rank them? If you're this race you have to be here, if you're that race you only have to be there.

Or do you truly believe black people are dumber than white people?

And who brought us the concept that blacks will never get into college unless we lower the standard for them?

Perhaps a course in Testing Bias might help your understanding... if you REALLY want to understand. [:/]

Amazon

Perhaps a course in Testing Bias might help your understanding... if you REALLY want to understand. [:/]

Ah yes, testing bias. You might as well though "White Privilege" in there while you are at it.

The Democrats saying "I'm sorry you are black. You will never make it in this world as is. Let's change the rules for you. You will never make it unless we do. Remember to vote Democrat or you will never make it!!!"

Once again, patronizing and pandering, and worse yet, saying that because they are black, there is something different about them. Way to be post racial.

>My belief is that the Party’s did not change. The tactics changed. They went from Pro-Slavery to Pro-Segregation to Pro-Entitlement, all of which results in nothing beneficial for the prosperity of an individual and is considered by many of my ilk, “Plantation Politics”.

Yep! If you actually look at the historical facts they differ vastly from the propaganda that the liberals spew.
The liberals have to deny real historical facts in order to get anyone to drink the ideological koolaid they mix up.
I am not a republican either,but am a libertarian.