regulator

Do you really think police are to protect and serve?

This takes police work to another new low...

http://fox6now.com/2014/05/01/sober-driver-arrested-for-owi-when-deputy-crashes-into-her/

Sober driver arrested for OWI when deputy crashes into her car

The kicker in this one.. is Deputy Douchebag's false report and his fellow douchebag that arrested her... and the Sheriffs office knew about the video of the accident 2 days later from airport cameras.. yet they still persisted in trying to persecute the young woman.

jgoose71

*********We'll... If I was in a bad situation and I had to chose between a random stranger or a police officer for help, I'd opt for the police officer. What would you do?

Call a redneck!

In my area that would be the second phone call. I am thankful we have a real good redneck Christian sheriff. He would likely say, "Load as many magazines as possible and call your neighbors. I'm on my way."

Are you becoming a "Community Organizer" now?;)
:ph34r:

It just so happens that yes I am. I have been approached by two individuals in my church to start an outreach to veterans and another to bikers. The Lord keeps leading me into new areas.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Hi Jeanne,

Deputy Douchebag's false report and his fellow douchebag that arrested her

That 'Thin Blue Line' is thicker & stronger than most of us ever suspected.

They both should be summarily terminated.

They are a disgrace to the great LEO's that due their jobs properly.

Be glad these two are in the minority; or we would be in real trouble.

JerryBaumchen

JerryBaumchen

Hi Jeanne,

Deputy Douchebag's false report and his fellow douchebag that arrested her

That 'Thin Blue Line' is thicker & stronger than most of us ever suspected.

They both should be summarily terminated.

They are a disgrace to the great LEO's that due their jobs properly.

Be glad these two are in the minority; or we would be in real trouble.

JerryBaumchen

Amen to that...

I usually don't reply to threads like this, because ignorance fuels the opinions that most Americans hold about the police.

So, here goes an informed opinion.... and I warn you that I am opinionated.

I spent much of my adult life in Law Enforcement. I served as a patrol officer and a detective investigating everything from property crimes to homicide. I even worked a federal task force that targeted organized crime. Before that I was a forensic scientist for a state police agency.

I have arrested fellow officers, and even prosecutors during my career. Drug use and sex were usually an officer's biggest downfall. In each case I investigated, the officer was the victim of a set-up/bait switch where the sex was part of a scheme to get something in return.

We always arrested the officer if we could due to the "color of authority" violations (sex/custody) but I also had clear admissions from the females as to their initiating the charade. Ironically, the girls each got about 100K in legal settlement. I was appalled, but also somewhat impressed by their masterful plan.

As a police firearms instructor, I taught acceptable use of force policy. I get worked up sometimes over what I hear on the internet -- but I reserve my judgment until I hear the whole story.

My worst calls involved the mentally ill. They fought like "crazy" and I don't mean to insult their mental condition. Unfortunately, many of the vets in my area who suffered PTSD also had a drug abuse problem -- a self medication of sorts.

The mentally ill seriously wound and kill officers all the time. The fights I had with mentally ill subjects were different, because it was like they didn't feel pain. Pain compliance (wrist, elbow, shoulder control holds) just didn't deliver the same results I would obtain from healthy people.

What I am saying is simple..... I gave a large portion of my life to my community, and essentially sacrificed my marriage in the process. There are many more like me who are serving their community, staying out late to make that homicide arrest or catch that burglar. I sometimes wish I hadn't made that trade (closing a case but loosing my marriage), but the victim's family certainly appreciated my dedication.

Don't be a douche and paint all people from our profession with a single brush.

Maybe you should step up and do your part like I did. It was an amazing experience, and I have some awesome memories (and a little fame) from the cases I solved.

<>
We came here to eat donuts and kick ass, looks like there aren't any donuts.....

kallend

Its Texas.. Officer Edwards and Officer Cotton ain't got nuthin to fear... all the SCOTUS did was send it back to the lower court.

Business as usual.. "that black man twitched..blam blam blam I feared for my life".[:/]

Amazon

Its Texas.. Officer Edwards and Officer Cotton ain't got nuthin to fear... all the SCOTUS did was send it back to the lower court.

Business as usual.. "that black man twitched..blam blam blam I feared for my life".[:/]

How - specifically - would you have handled it?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

AirPork

I usually don't reply to threads like this, because ignorance fuels the opinions that most Americans hold about the police.

So, here goes an informed opinion.... and I warn you that I am opinionated.

I spent much of my adult life in Law Enforcement. I served as a patrol officer and a detective investigating everything from property crimes to homicide. I even worked a federal task force that targeted organized crime. Before that I was a forensic scientist for a state police agency.

I have arrested fellow officers, and even prosecutors during my career. Drug use and sex were usually an officer's biggest downfall. In each case I investigated, the officer was the victim of a set-up/bait switch where the sex was part of a scheme to get something in return.

We always arrested the officer if we could due to the "color of authority" violations (sex/custody) but I also had clear admissions from the females as to their initiating the charade. Ironically, the girls each got about 100K in legal settlement. I was appalled, but also somewhat impressed by their masterful plan.

As a police firearms instructor, I taught acceptable use of force policy. I get worked up sometimes over what I hear on the internet -- but I reserve my judgment until I hear the whole story.

My worst calls involved the mentally ill. They fought like "crazy" and I don't mean to insult their mental condition. Unfortunately, many of the vets in my area who suffered PTSD also had a drug abuse problem -- a self medication of sorts.

The mentally ill seriously wound and kill officers all the time. The fights I had with mentally ill subjects were different, because it was like they didn't feel pain. Pain compliance (wrist, elbow, shoulder control holds) just didn't deliver the same results I would obtain from healthy people.

What I am saying is simple..... I gave a large portion of my life to my community, and essentially sacrificed my marriage in the process. There are many more like me who are serving their community, staying out late to make that homicide arrest or catch that burglar. I sometimes wish I hadn't made that trade (closing a case but loosing my marriage), but the victim's family certainly appreciated my dedication.

Don't be a douche and paint all people from our profession with a single brush.

Maybe you should step up and do your part like I did. It was an amazing experience, and I have some awesome memories (and a little fame) from the cases I solved.

<>

My father is 40+ years law enforcement. I have seen him act professionally in some situations where there's no way I would have stayed as patient. I was not knocking police in general, just idiots that shoot unarmed citizens, like these asshats from california. But those types are all over.

here is a video of some LEO's in Texas killing a suicidal perp with a knife. Last time I checked the asshole cop that shot the guy with the knife fired off 11 rounds.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c74_1399580183

Edit to add: my father currently reloads for the local sheriffs dept to this day. He doesn't go on patrol anymore but when he did he was also a firearms instructor and I learned how to handle firearms from the best.

That was a good rant.

Personally I like living in a civilized society but we are seeing more and more instances of the civilizing force for our society becoming more and more UNCIVILIZED. I really think that all the abuse of power we are seeing is leading us to a point where the US v THEM is not going to go so well for those who are doing the abusing.

More evidence that there is a very large problem in this country and who is NOT protecting and serving all the rest of us.

https://www.tytnetwork.com/2014/05/09/cops-jam-sharp-object-teens-throat-killing/

I mean WTF

turtlespeed

How about a starting point of treating other human beings as just that..

I know ...I know... that would be too liberal for all those good "Christians"

toolbox

>How about a starting point of treating other human beings as just that..

Don't forget about all those good muslims,and jews.

Gee I did not realize that those two officers in Houston were Semitic.... do you know something the rest of the world does not???

Amazon

That was a good rant.

Personally I like living in a civilized society but we are seeing more and more instances of the civilizing force for our society becoming more and more UNCIVILIZED. I really think that all the abuse of power we are seeing is leading us to a point where the US v THEM is not going to go so well for those who are doing the abusing...

Honest question:

Do you think it's happening more?
Or has it always been happening and we're just seeing it more and more because nowadays everyone has a video camera on their phone?
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Amazon

How about a starting point of treating other human beings as just that..

Hmm - religion in a police thread.
I said specifically.

How would you have handled the situation.

What would your procedure have been?

What actions would you have taken?

Step by step . . . what would you have done.

Specifically.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I already stated it Turtle.. I know you do not like that answer.. but I think I am enough of an adult to talk to another human being to ascertain if it was his vehicle.. without having to shoot him three times.

Then again... black people do not scare the shit out of me.

>Gee I did not realize that those two officers in Houston were Semitic.... do you know something the rest of the world does not???

You brought up the whole religion thing with the remark about treating human beings as just that,and then you inferred that it would be too liberal an idea for Christians.
I simply tried to remind you to include the other two big religions that have also been known for miss treatment of people.
As far as police go,there are good ones and bad ones,just like Christians,jews,muslims,and humans in general.
I really doubt all the bad cops are regular church going types anymore than the good ones are.
I find it funny though that you single out the Christians for lacking respect for human life when most recently radical islam has been taking the cake in that area.
Just so you know,I have no religion. I am an INFIDEL!

turtlespeed

What actions would you have taken?

Step by step . . . what would you have done.

Specifically.

1) See strange activity. 2) type in license plate. 3) receive hit that vehicle is stolen. 4) circle around to see activity of people getting out of vehicle. 5) double check plate of vehicle against stolen vehicle report. 6) realize I fat fingered the license plate. 7) don't detain and shoot people.

toolbox

>Gee I did not realize that those two officers in Houston were Semitic.... do you know something the rest of the world does not???

You brought up the whole religion thing with the remark about treating human beings as just that,and then you inferred that it would be too liberal an idea for Christians.
I simply tried to remind you to include the other two big religions that have also been known for miss treatment of people.
As far as police go,there are good ones and bad ones,just like Christians,jews,muslims,and humans in general.
I really doubt all the bad cops are regular church going types anymore than the good ones are.
I find it funny though that you single out the Christians for lacking respect for human life when most recently radical islam has been taking the cake in that area.
Just so you know,I have no religion. I am an INFIDEL!

I would posit that all these good ole boys who seem to wish to execute people for not really being human beings... Might be going against that which they supposedly have their asses in pews on Sunday mornings for.. you know actually following what the Lord taught about how to treat other human beings.

Coreece

Are you a Christian Jeanne?

Why does it matter to you???

I think it is a travesty that so many police officers choose daily to make all those who do a good job and go home to their families with the knowledge of a job well done, look bad for all of us to see and loathe.

I also think it is a travesty that so many "Christians" choose daily to harm others so greatly in life and to make all those who actually do good works and follow what the Lord taught and go home to their families with the knowledge of a life well lived, have to put up with those hypocrites who think they are saved by filling a seat on Sunday morning.

Amazon

***Are you a Christian Jeanne?

You keep promoting the virtue of Christianity and how everyone else falls short. Where do you fall?

Amazon

I think it is a travesty that so many police officers choose daily to make all those who do a good job and go home to their families with the knowledge of a job well done, look bad for all of us to see and loathe.

I also think it is a travesty that so many "Christians" choose daily to harm others so greatly in life and to make all those who actually do good works and follow what the Lord taught and go home to their families with the knowledge of a life well lived, have to put up with those hypocrites who think they are saved by filling a seat on Sunday morning.

Do you think you're the only one that has something against their brother/sister?

You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

-Then-

Brothers and sisters, if someone is caught in a sin, you who live by the Spirit should restore that person gently. But watch yourselves, or you also may be tempted.

but you still can't answer the question...are you a sister or not?

If not, your words are just resounding gong...
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Coreece

******Are you a Christian Jeanne?

You keep promoting the virtue of Christianity and how everyone else falls short. Where do you fall?

Amazon

Do you think you're the only one that has something against their brother/sister?

You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

-Then-

Brothers and sisters, if someone is caught in a sin, you who live by the Spirit should restore that person gently. But watch yourselves, or you also may be tempted.

but you still can't answer the question...are you a sister or not?

If not, your words are just resounding gong...

I am sure I will find out in the not too distant future. I have found that the Moral Majority... is neither moral.. nor a majority.