kallend

Time to stop this embarrassing farce

Amazon

Yet this thread is about killing real people.. slowly...and in this case... horribly in a state sponsored fuck up.

Wouldn't it be cool if children once born would get the same amount of support that you guys worry so much for the stage of life known as a fetus??

Support for them... happy contented mothers .... not stuggling to figure out where the next crappy meal is going to come from... would cut down on the amount of failed humans that end up in our corporate prisons where we have the highest amount of prisoners in the world. 'Murica!!!

I'm not a Christian and am pro choice so you will have to find another way to personally attack me.

This man did not die horribly and slowly. it was reported they missed a vein, a mild discomfort for any adult who has gotten a needle. he sat up and was quoted as saying, "man." that does not sound horrible at all. Id say anal rape is far worse. which is what he did to his victim before he shot her and then made her friend bury her alive.

This guy and this execution is not the best example for ending the death penalty. you should find another one. one with a more sympathetic killer and more painful death. i think this example misses on both points.

i save all my sympathy for his victims.

(edited non material typo)
"The point is, I'm weird, but I never felt weird."
John Frusciante

Odd thread - did a death penalty thread turn into an abortion argument where posters are arguing over which stage of life is better for the child (or "potentially viable life mass") is more appropriate for abusing the kid?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

rehmwa

Odd thread - did a death penalty thread turn into an abortion argument where posters are arguing over which stage of life is better for the child (or "potentially viable life mass") is more appropriate for abusing the kid?

not sure if your responding to the last post or asking me a question. so, ill just answer it. yes, the thread has turned into an abortion is equal to an execution thread.

abortion was brought up to distract you from the fact he anally raped a women, shot her, then forced her friend to bury her alive. Also, to distract you from the fact he did not die horribly or slowly but rather calmly with a mild irritation to his arm.

John Frusciante

weekender

***Yet this thread is about killing real people.. slowly...and in this case... horribly in a state sponsored fuck up.

Wouldn't it be cool if children once born would get the same amount of support that you guys worry so much for the stage of life known as a fetus??

Support for them... happy contented mothers .... not stuggling to figure out where the next crappy meal is going to come from... would cut down on the amount of failed humans that end up in our corporate prisons where we have the highest amount of prisoners in the world. 'Murica!!!

I'm not a Christian and am pro choice so you will have to find another way to personally attack me.

This man did not die horribly and slowly. it was reported they missed a vein, a mild discomfort for any adult who has gotten a needle. he sat up and was quoted as saying, "man." that does not sound horrible at all. Id say anal rape is far worse. which is what he did to his victim before he shot her and then made her friend bury her alive.

This guy and this execution is not the best example for ending the death penalty. you should find another one. one with a more sympathetic killer and more painful death. i think this example misses on both points.

i save all my sympathy for his victims.

(edited non material typo)

His victims are indeed far more important but killing the perp serves no real purpose and will not bring the victim back but burying the perp in isolation for life would certainly keep society from lowering itself to his fucked up level.. But I get it I really do...especially if you are a motivated by revenge killings such as bronze age retribution... or dig some of the other members of the murder your citizens club like The Kingdom... North Korea... Iran.. Hey some cultures need to do some killin to justify their control of the people.

So as far as your whitewashed version of the execution....Will fact do???

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/apr/30/oklahoma-execution-botched-clayton-lockett

After the failure of a 20-minute attempt to execute him, Clayton Lockett was left to die of a heart attack in the execution chamber at the Oklahoma state penitentiary in McAlester. A lawyer said Lockett had effectively been "tortured to death".

For three minutes after the first drugs were delivered Lockett struggled violently, groaned and writhed, lifting his shoulders and head from the gurney.

Some 16 minutes after the execution began, and without Lockett being declared dead, the blinds separating the chamber from the viewing room were closed. The process was called off shortly afterwards. Lockett died 43 minutes after the first executions drugs were administered.

Gee doesn't sound as humane as we are purported to strive for AND its not the first time... it seems to happen a tad too frequently.

airtwardo

it seems to happen a tad too frequently.

Depends on your definition of frequently...only happened once to him.

So you are good with executions by torture???

Interesting factoid.. percentage wise the supposed humane executions have the most botched.

http://www.wired.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/execution-table.jpg

Perhaps in that loving Christian south... they will want to bring back crucifixions.

i formed my opinion after reading the NYTs but no matter what his lawyer and the Guardian says. i do not think his death was torture. certainly not compared to the bronze age as you state. its just my opinion.

he was uncomfortable for a few minutes. thats not torture, thats mild discomfort.

i reserve my sympathy for this person's victims. one of which he anally raped, shot and then forced her friend to bury alive. i cannot find sympathy for him in this situation. perhaps, if he was boiled in a giant metal bull, yes. considering how he died rather quickly compared to say, being anally raped, shot and buried alive. no sympathy.
John Frusciante

normiss

Sad to see how much effort goes into murdering murderers.
They're gonna need some new ideas on ways to kill.
:|

Maybe they just need to move the executions down to the local church... you know that eye for an eye bronze age thing... Teach the little ones morality with real lessons on display. Let the preacher explain why Jesus thought execution is a great idea .

Amazon

***Sad to see how much effort goes into murdering murderers.

Maybe they just need to move the executions down to the local church... you know that eye for an eye bronze age thing... Teach the little ones morality with real lessons on display. Let the preacher explain why Jesus thought execution is a great idea .

I noticed there was a giant gloss over this . . .

when you can show me where this despised fetus that you want to destroy has done things that warrant death as those on death row have you may have an argument.

Show me where a fetus has caused a human death by its own deliberate, premeditated actions, and I will absolutely support the death penalty for him/her.

I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

******Sad to see how much effort goes into murdering murderers.

when you can show me where this despised fetus that you want to destroy has done things that warrant death as those on death row have you may have an argument.

Show me where a fetus has caused a human death by its own deliberate, premeditated actions, and I will absolutely support the death penalty for him/her.

How many women have died in child birth...??

Its that whole understanding of human biology question I asked[:/]

Amazon

I will give you an exact number when you can tell me an exact number of:
1) The number of women that Have NOT
2) How many women have died from abortion complications.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

I will give you an exact number when you can tell me an exact number of:
1) The number of women that Have NOT
2) How many women have died from abortion complications.

No idea.. but since it is the most important thing in your life.... perhaps you should research it.

Amazon

*********Sad to see how much effort goes into murdering murderers.

Abortion discussions always end up resorting to two things:

A) Failed birth control
B) Potential risk to the mother

Failed Birth control - If a woman's birth control fail and/or the father's condom breaks, should that give him the right to sign off on his responsibilities? After all, it's not like he's trying kill the clump of cells or deny the mother HER choice.

Potential risk to the mother - well, there are always potential risks in parenthood. Many Father's have died protecting their children. Many fathers have simply died because of the path their child lead them to. It's not really a big deal because that's what parents do...they take responsibility and put their children before themselves.

*EDIT*
It's life...deal with it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgq6qHlNpIA
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Why I remain undecided/conflicted w/rt/ the death penalty:

Last time I reviewed the numbers, life in prison was still cheaper than the death penalty. I like saving money.

Life in prison seems like the harsher sentence to serve. Inmates attempt suicide to avoid it. I.e. Prison is hard. Death is easy.

On the other hand, if one were brutally held captive, tortured, raped or any number of things I cannot imagine and miraculously escaped and survived, arguably it may be more difficult to cope and move on as long as the perp were still alive. As long as the perp is alive (even in a maximum security prison), there is some level of fear one day said perp will come to "finish the job", escape, be released, etc. Death is final. Thus, moving on is easier.

In the latter scenario--while I myself am not certain if I would support the death penalty (it would be an extremely hard decision for me either way)--I am not sure I would want to take that relief away from other victims of serious crimes.
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Coreece

***Sad to see how much effort goes into murdering murderers.

Tell them that God's gonna cutchu down:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJlN9jdQFSc

Has it ever occurred to you that repeatedly responding with music videos is boring?

FWIW, Johnny Cash's idea of Christianity was vastly different than yours.

However, that's assuming we know they are murderers - and that means the system that makes that determination has to be close to perfect. It's not.

I see the front-end determination process and the back-end death penalty as separate issues in the overall system.

There must be something funny in my wine for me to attempt a billvon-esque analogy, but here goes...(and because I just had a delicious spinach, strawberry and candied walnut salad, you will please forgive the subject of the analogy)

Imagine a factory-farmed head of lettuce from farm to plate. The farmer produces many good heads of lettuce, but misses a bad patch one day which also alludes the attention of the inspectors. These bad heads of lettuce end up being consumed by innocent lettuce eaters and many die of food-borne illness. Americans decide they still want lettuce. Do we say no to the majority and abolish lettuce from our groceries, or do we work at the front-end where the problem started and try to prevent bad patches from getting through?

jclalor

******Sad to see how much effort goes into murdering murderers.

Tell them that God's gonna cutchu down:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJlN9jdQFSc

Has it ever occurred to you that repeatedly responding with music videos is boring?

Why all the hate, brah? Simply swipe your index finger up past unwanted material on a smart phone, or scroll down past unwanted material using a mouse pad...what is so complicated about that?

jclalor

FWIW, Johnny Cash's idea of Christianity was vastly different than yours.

Personally, I don't think you know as much as you think you know about either...
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

PLFXpert

Why I remain undecided/conflicted w/rt/ the death penalty:

Last time I reviewed the numbers, life in prison was still cheaper than the death penalty. I like saving money.

Life in prison seems like the harsher sentence to serve. Inmates attempt suicide to avoid it. I.e. Prison is hard. Death is easy.

Explain why so many appeal their death sentences, then.

On the other hand, if one were brutally held captive, tortured, raped or any number of things I cannot imagine and miraculously escaped and survived, arguably it may be more difficult to cope and move on as long as the perp were still alive. As long as the perp is alive (even in a maximum security prison), there is some level of fear one day said perp will come to "finish the job", escape, be released, etc. Death is final. Thus, moving on is easier.

People (including women) in the rest of the civilized world seem to manage OK. Why does the US need to be uniquely vengeful among western democracies?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Why does the US need to be uniquely vengeful among western democracies?

I never argued the death penalty was vengeful. I am not sure those who favor it support it out of vengence. I did say (imo) life in prison seems like the harsher sentence to serve; would that not make life in prison more "vengeful" if vegenence was my goal/argument (it is not)?

People (including women) in the rest of the civilized world seem to manage OK.

Or you could say people here (including women) seem to manage OK with it. Not sure what speculating to what extent people manage OK has to do with it.

My point for-not-being-fully-against-it (and thus conflicted) was that death is final. Only in that finality can there absolutely be the removal of that threat to society. Again--while I am pretty sure I myself do not see a need for such finality in our justice system--I am not sure it is my place to argue to take that finality away from the majority if the majority is in favor of it.

Now, if I were convinced the death penalty were inhumane or whatever I may feel differently. I am not convinced on this instance alone that it is inhumane.