kallend

Time to stop this embarrassing farce

jpjc2000

******>Even if juries, the police, prosecutors and crime labs never made a mistake, capital
>punishment is racially disparate, geographically arbitrary, and based upon the
>economic status of capital defendants.

If every single person on death row were black (or white, or male, or Muslim) it wouldn't bother me one bit - PROVIDED the justice system was 100% accurate. Why would it bother you?

1. It can't ever be 100% accurate.

2. It would still be geographically arbitrary, and based upon the economic status of defendants.

3. Killing people to show that killing people is wrong makes no sense.

1. Nothing is 100% accurate, who ever said it was?

Suggest you bother to read the thread. Emphasis in the quoted text for YOUR benefit since you missed it first time around.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Boomerdog

When I hear more about dirtbags botching a murder by either getting caught or being shot full of holes by their intended victims until they are a dead swiss cheese on slab in the morgue, I'll give your indigation a little (just a little) bit of credence.

Until such time...

“The Eighth Amendment’s protection of dignity reflects the nation we have been, the nation we are, and the nation we aspire to be. This is to affirm that the nation’s constant, unyielding purpose must be to transmit the Constitution so that its precepts and guarantees retain their meaning and force.” - SCOTUS majority opinion, 5/27/14

Pity that some Neanderthals continue to want the USA in the same club as N. Korea, Iran and Syria.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

Oklahoma botches an execution.

www.nytimes.com/2014/04/30/us/oklahoma-executions.html?_r=0

An embarrassment in front of the civilized world. Why do these states insist on keeping company with Iran, N. Korea and the PRC?

Explain to me how "you people" can kill babies with impunity and dismiss it as just an abortion, but criminals convicted by a court of law of capital crimes are entitled to live and be supported at great expense by those who obey the law?

maadmax

An embarrassment in front of the civilized world. Why do these states insist on keeping company with Iran, N. Korea and the PRC?

Explain to me how "you people" can kill babies with impunity and dismiss it as just an abortion, but criminals convicted by a court of law of capital crimes are entitled to live and be supported at great expense by those who obey the law?

You cannot demand logic like that.>:(

CONFORM!

Resistance is Futile.:|
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Because a collection of cells is not a human being.

If there are people out there "killing babies" then you'd have an argument. Abortions terminate an unviable fetus. There is only one human being involved, and that is the woman.

On the other hand, I totally understand anti-abortion peoples' stance if they truly believe that a fetus is a human being. But I can't reconcile that with their apparent strong desire to kill other human beings. If human life is sacred, then you should be against the death penalty, too.

Both sides see the other as hypocritical. It all depends on your definitions.

- Dan G

turtlespeed

You cannot demand logic like that.>:(

CONFORM!

Resistance is Futile.:|

I wish the fuck "you people" would learn something about human biology.:(:(
http://www.hopexchange.com/Statistics.htm

Then again some of the FUCKED up fringe right.. wants to jail women who have miscarriages tooB|

Stumpy

*** be supported at great expense by those who obey the law?

What do you think costs more. The death penalty, or life imprisonment?

As it is or as it should be?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

turtlespeed

****** be supported at great expense by those who obey the law?

As it is.

"As it should be" is a nonsense argument and I suspect you know it.
Never try to eat more than you can lift

turtlespeed

****** be supported at great expense by those who obey the law?

Please tell me Turtle.. you do not trust the Democratic government for anything... yet you trust them to murder people in your name????

maadmax

Then again some of the FUCKED up fringe right.. wants to jail women who have miscarriages tooB|

Hey lady, I am a Doctor, what would you like to know?

After reading your posts on the subject... I would never have guessed that.

So do you support imprisoning women for having the audacity of having a miscarriage when their males potential child dies???

Amazon

So do you support imprisoning women for having the audacity of having a miscarriage when their males potential child dies???

I dunno...what SHOULD we do ~

Currently in the local fish wrap,

22 year old single woman, 2 kids (age 5 & 2), unemployed and on state aid, few months back had her 2nd miscarriage...1st one she had high levels of 3 illegal drugs in her system as did the fetus, 2nd one there were 4 different types of street drugs in both.

She's now pregnant again...

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

airtwardo

22 year old single woman, 2 kids (age 5 & 2), unemployed and on state aid, few months back had her 2nd miscarriage...1st one she had high levels of 3 illegal drugs in her system as did the fetus, 2nd one there were 4 different types of street drugs in both.

Think she would have ended up like this if education was in the picture???

In the Every Sperm Is Sacred world some people seem to want.... I can just imagine what will happen to her down there where the fetus is important but the child shall not be given a chance... "on state aid" indeed:S

I wonder if the little ones will get a chance with an education... or in that nirvana of ignorance where little ones are expected to pull themselves up by their non-existent bootstraps... I wonder if they will end up in your well used death chamber.

Question.... If every sperm is sacred are all y'all goin straight to hell for spillin all that seed??

Amazon

Riddle -

What can you be imprisoned for, but only if you attempt it, but when you succeed, there is no penalty?

Amazon

In the Every Sperm Is Sacred world some people seem to want.... I can just imagine what will happen to her down there where the fetus is important but the child shall not be given a chance... "on state aid" indeed:S

I wonder if the little ones will get a chance with an education... or in that nirvana of ignorance where little ones are expected to pull themselves up by their non-existent bootstraps... I wonder if they will end up in your well used death chamber.

Question.... If every sperm is sacred are all y'all goin straight to hell for spillin all that seed??

Well Fuck it. Lets kill them now and call it a late term abortion.

Amazon

I would suggest you seek a friend that was the one that was spared the abortion procedure and adopted.

I have 4 friends that fit that bill.

I can't possibly imagine life without them.

Maybe you could do with or without . . .

But not Me.

Yet this thread is about killing real people.. slowly...and in this case... horribly in a state sponsored fuck up.

Wouldn't it be cool if children once born would get the same amount of support that you guys worry so much for the stage of life known as a fetus??

Support for them... happy contented mothers .... not stuggling to figure out where the next crappy meal is going to come from... would cut down on the amount of failed humans that end up in our corporate prisons where we have the highest amount of prisoners in the world. 'Murica!!!

"on state aid" indeed :S

Well if the state is paying to feed, house & cloth her & her kids...as well as the medical care of all including the miscarriages - I'd say that the state has a say in how those funds are being put to use.

I know...it's a right wing conservative thing. ;)

Support for them... happy contented mothers .... not struggling to figure out where the next crappy meal is going to come from...

..or in some cases where the next bag of dope is coming from.

airtwardo

Support for them... happy contented mothers .... not struggling to figure out where the next crappy meal is going to come from...

..or in some cases where the next bag of dope is coming from.

Well hell.. just take her to the death chamber like Turtle thinks is a solution.. I guess that's the right wing Texican "Christian" thing to do cause she needs killin.

Seems to be lots of things down that way that leads to a need of killin... well except for any fetus.

You asked for it :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUspLVStPbk

Amazon

Amazon

Yet this thread is about killing real people.. slowly...and in this case... horribly in a state sponsored fuck up.

Wouldn't it be cool if children once born would get the same amount of support that you guys worry so much for the stage of life known as a fetus??

Support for them... happy contented mothers .... not stuggling to figure out where the next crappy meal is going to come from... would cut down on the amount of failed humans that end up in our corporate prisons where we have the highest amount of prisoners in the world. 'Murica!!!

when you can show me where this despised fetus that you want to destroy has done things that warrant death as those on death row have you may have an argument.

Show me where a fetus has caused a human death by its own deliberate, premeditated actions, and I will absolutely support the death penalty for him/her.