kallend

Atheism, liberalism, linked to IQ

Hi Coreece,

I am a 100+% atheist.

I believe that Christ is the only way to know God...

I completely support your right to believe this.

I think that the majority of Atheism today can be summarized as those with a crusading spirit whose fervor is mostly due to a painful act of liberation from the fetters of religious indoctrination received in youth...

I have met a few of these but I do not believe that they are the majority.

Stop letting others dictate your faith...

How about helping stop the bible-thumpers from ringing my doorbell and wanting to save me?

I'm very happy with my beliefs; and it would seem you are also.

And that is the way it should be.

Now, stay off of my front porch. >:(

JerryBaumchen

JerryBaumchen

How about helping stop the bible-thumpers from ringing my doorbell and wanting to save me?
Now, stay off of my front porch.

The issue is the incredibly hypocritical position that it's part of "Christianity" to proselytize, yet hear them whine and moan about a small, vocal minority of professional atheists do the same.

Ridiculous.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

JerryBaumchen

Now, stay off of my front porch. >:(

JerryBaumchen

That's understandable. I don't like it when anyone comes over unannounced. I think it's rude.

I don't personally know any Evangelical or Catholic that do this...It primarily seems to be limited to Mormons and JW's.

Sometimes I let them in...other times I just send them on their way or just don't answer the door all together. I really don't find an occasional doorbell ringing to be as tormenting as it is for you. Personally, I find spam cluttering my inbox to be more of a nuisance.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

quade

***Seems like the only ones whining in this thread are you and Jerry...

I'm sure you believe that's the case.

Well - there is empirical data.[:/]
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

******Seems like the only ones whining in this thread are you and Jerry...

Did you know that if a person selectively throws out 50% of their data, they can almost always get a "tails" result from flipping a coin?
quade -

quade

*********Seems like the only ones whining in this thread are you and Jerry...

Did you know that if a person selectively throws out 50% of their data, they can almost always get a "tails" result from flipping a coin?

Yes, and they get head just as well when they dismiss the other half.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

turtlespeed

************Seems like the only ones whining in this thread are you and Jerry...

Yes, and they get head just as well when they dismiss the other half.

Right, when somebody makes a claim that "only" so-and-so are doing this-and-that, as Coreece did, then he's probably the one not looking at ALL of the data. He'd do well to look at his own postings as well as Ron's.
quade -

You're the one whining about some strawman hypocrisy...Where did anyone whine about atheistic proselytizing?

If the essence of Atheistic proselytizing is to call people douche bags, then I stand corrected.

Coreece

So anytime a christian takes up a debate about atheism in a debate forum, they're hypocrites...got it.

You and a few others might want to look up the definition of debate, then look at the first few postings you made in this thread.

That's not debate.
quade -

Do you not agree that using the study to stereotype others casts doubt on ones grasp of intelligence and or emotions?

Overall, I thought this was a pretty interesting thread ...I particularly like our exchange with regard to the religious views of Einstein.

> Easy.
Christians do as they please because they are forgiven.
Crazy
Most of what they do is what makes them douche bags.
Judgmental, condescending, insulting, rude, imposing....
The ones I've met anyway.

I have met a lot of Christians,and most are very nice people. I've met a lot of jews,and most are very nice as well. I've only met a few muslims,but all the muslims I've met treated me as if I was beneath them.
I know a lot of atheist as well,and most get all wound up about people being religious, which cracks me up.
I'm not religious at all,but I've participated in saying grace more times than I can count when I've been the dinner guest of Christians, out of respect for them.
Since I truly do not believe,it bothers me not at all to go through the motions, if it makes them happy.
I know that jews,muslims,christians, and many other religious groups have done some very bad things throughout history, using religion as a banner for their intolerance of others,and their exploits of conquest.This is why the founding fathers of our constitution wanted the separation of church and state.
Now there are those who get all wound up about god being mentioned on money,the pledge of allegiance,and any other mention of god,but it bothers me not.
Now if I were persecuted by the government for being a non believer,or for believing,then things would be f**ked up for sure. Imagine the treatment you might get in iran,or Pakistan if you professed your infidel status there.
Trying to imply that religious belief,or political affiliation has anything to do with intelligence is really dumb:D:D:D but it seems to be a common liberal ploy though. I have a dim view of conservatives as well,but at least they are not frothing at the mouth with as much profusion to trample on our rights.

toolbox

> Easy.
Christians do as they please because they are forgiven.
Crazy
Most of what they do is what makes them douche bags.
Judgmental, condescending, insulting, rude, imposing....
The ones I've met anyway.

I have met a lot of Christians,and most are very nice people. I've met a lot of jews,and most are very nice as well. I've only met a few muslims,but all the muslims I've met treated me as if I was beneath them.
I know a lot of atheist as well,and most get all wound up about people being religious, which cracks me up.
I'm not religious at all,but I've participated in saying grace more times than I can count when I've been the dinner guest of Christians, out of respect for them.
Since I truly do not believe,it bothers me not at all to go through the motions, if it makes them happy.
I know that jews,muslims,christians, and many other religious groups have done some very bad things throughout history, using religion as a banner for their intolerance of others,and their exploits of conquest.This is why the founding fathers of our constitution wanted the separation of church and state.
Now there are those who get all wound up about god being mentioned on money,the pledge of allegiance,and any other mention of god,but it bothers me not.
Now if I were persecuted by the government for being a non believer,or for believing,then things would be f**ked up for sure. Imagine the treatment you might get in iran,or Pakistan if you professed your infidel status there.
Trying to imply that religious belief,or political affiliation has anything to do with intelligence is really dumb:D:D:D but it seems to be a common liberal ploy though. I have a dim view of conservatives as well,but at least they are not frothing at the mouth with as much profusion to trample on our rights.

Patriot Act??? That damn liberal Cheney and his running dog John Ashcroft

toolbox

I suggest you go tell this to the "dumb" folks at the London School of Economics and Political Science, who correlated data on religious behavior with IQ, from a large national U.S. sample and found that, on average, people who identified as liberal and atheist had higher IQs. This applied also to sexual exclusivity in men, but not in women. The findings were published in the March 2010 issue of Social Psychology Quarterly.

I'm sure they'd be glad to publish a correction based on your input.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Coreece

I bet you don't have the balls to stereotype Jews and blacks on this forum the same way you stereotype Christians...right?

I do!

I was raised in a Jewish household, and despite avoiding religion as much as I could, was forced to go to hebrew school, have a bar mitzvah, etc.

The jewish community where I grew up could easily be described as racist, judgmental, insulting, and controlling.
cavete terrae.

grue

I bet you don't have the balls to stereotype Jews and blacks on this forum the same way you stereotype Christians...right?

I do!

I was raised in a Jewish household, and despite avoiding religion as much as I could, was forced to go to hebrew school, have a bar mitzvah, etc.

The jewish community where I grew up could easily be described as racist, judgmental, insulting, and controlling.

So how did the circumcision feel?

turtlespeed

I do!

Hey pal, nobody looks good in a turtleneck :D
cavete terrae.

turtlespeed

I do!

It feels great anytime you can get your dick sucked

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2304793/Two-babies-stricken-HERPES-ritual-oral-blood-sucking-circumcision-New-York-City.html

skinnay

I do!

It feels great anytime you can get your dick sucked

NOOOOOhttp://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2304793/Two-babies-stricken-HERPES-ritual-oral-blood-sucking-circumcision-New-York-City.html

I thought things about kids and sucking penises were a taboo around here.

I made my link broken . . . but thanks for playing.