kallend

Atheism, liberalism, linked to IQ

Croc

(The following quotes are taken from The Quotable Einstein, Princeton University Press unless otherwise noted)

"My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble minds. That deeply emotional conviction of the presence of a superior reasoning power, which is revealed in the incomprehensible universe, forms my idea of God."

Perhaps a clearer example of his thinking.

Read that carefully. What's he's saying is not that there is an all knowing creator or intelligent designer, but that "we" and our collective minds examining the universe through science are god. Not an actual god. Not a metaphysical god. A metaphorical one.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Croc

Oh heavens, now I can't read carefully.:(

Well, since upwards of 30% of the population* don't understand the concept of subtext, it's entirely possible.

* Rough estimation based on life experience.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

champu

I - Can't be sure, but . . .
I - Remember something about it . . .
. . . Shit, I just dome see it.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

kallend

Why do you hate women?

on average, people who identified as liberal and atheist had higher IQs. This applied also to sexual exclusivity in men, but not in women.

I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

kallend

Another question . . . Why not quote the true title of the article, or were you trying to hide something?

Liberalism, atheism, male sexual exclusivity linked to IQ

Coreece

Personally, I think that posting 4-year old links in an obvious attempt to stereotype might be reflective of one's emotional intelligence.

Honest question - Did you leave out "Sexual Exclusivity" from the OP title because that's something you and many others on this board might not particularly relate to?

4 year old links are sketchy, but basing you life on a 2000+ year old book is completely logial. :S

jclalor

***Personally, I think that posting 4-year old links in an obvious attempt to stereotype might be reflective of one's emotional intelligence.

Honest question - Did you leave out "Sexual Exclusivity" from the OP title because that's something you and many others on this board might not particularly relate to?

4 year old links are sketchy, but basing you life on a 2000+ year old book is completely logial. :S

You mean one that describes basic arithmetic?

Tink1717

Wow! 103 for liberals. I will stick with my libertarian 149.

103 for a teenager is impressive. Particularly when most teens can't think their way out of a wet paper bag.

IQ is not a function of age. I was tested when I was 15 because I was having trouble in school.

turtlespeed

******Personally, I think that posting 4-year old links in an obvious attempt to stereotype might be reflective of one's emotional intelligence.

Perhaps posting when I'm totally fucking drunk is not the best of ideas, my spelling may have been fucking up but where did I go wrong with my math?

jclalor

*********Personally, I think that posting 4-year old links in an obvious attempt to stereotype might be reflective of one's emotional intelligence.

Perhaps posting when I'm totally fucking drunk is not the best of ideas, my spelling may have been fucking up but where did I go wrong with my math?

Some people base their lives on maths.

Math has been around a LOT longer than 2000 years

quade

***Some people base their lives on maths.
Math has been around a LOT longer than 2000 years

So which is it; maths or math?

Don't forget to show your work.

Evidently it is both, or did you not know that?:S

quade

***Einstein rejected the label atheist. Einstein stated: "I have repeatedly said that in my opinion the idea of a personal God is a childlike one. You may call me an agnostic, but I do not share the crusading spirit of the professional atheist whose fervor is mostly due to a painful act of liberation from the fetters of religious indoctrination received in youth. I prefer an attitude of humility corresponding to the weakness of our intellectual understanding of nature and of our own being."[1] According to Prince Hubertus, Einstein said, "In view of such harmony in the cosmos which I, with my limited human mind, am able to recognize, there are yet people who say there is no God. But what really makes me angry is that they quote me for the support of such views."[19]

from Wikipedia.

Mostly because in that time "atheist" was frequently equated with "communist."

He was taking the easy way out rather than get mixed up in a HUAC witch hunt.

As I understand it, Einstein's first quote was from a friendly letter to Guy H. Raner that had nothing to do with the HUAC either directly or indirectly, and therefore not under any duress.

Einstein clearly had a disdain for the "crusading spirit of the professional atheist whose fervor is mostly due to a painful act of liberation from the fetters of religious indoctrination received in youth."

He was most definitely a self proclaimed agnostic who preferred "an attitude of humility corresponding to the weakness of our intellectual understanding of nature and of our own being."
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

quade

***(The following quotes are taken from The Quotable Einstein, Princeton University Press unless otherwise noted)

"My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble minds. That deeply emotional conviction of the presence of a superior reasoning power, which is revealed in the incomprehensible universe, forms my idea of God."

Perhaps a clearer example of his thinking.

Read that carefully. What's he's saying is not that there is an all knowing creator or intelligent designer, but that "we" and our collective minds examining the universe through science are god. Not an actual god. Not a metaphysical god. A metaphorical one.

Given that Einstein was a self proclaimed agnostic who preferred "an attitude of humility corresponding to the weakness of our intellectual understanding of nature and of our own being," I find your commentary to be bit of a stretch.

jclalor

***Personally, I think that posting 4-year old links in an obvious attempt to stereotype might be reflective of one's emotional intelligence.

*Sighs and Rolls Eyes*

I found it sketchy that he actually posted the 4-year old link, not the link itself.

turtlespeed

I - Can't be sure, but . . .
I - Remember something about it . . .
. . . Shit, I just dome see it.

I was on the fence between that line and "Studies show reposters are linked by those with functional long term memory to threads about the same article from four years ago when the reposter was the first to respond in the original thread."

I think it's particularly funny that kallend laments the departure of Marg in that thread.

champu

I think it's particularly funny that kallend laments the departure of Marg in that thread.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

maybe it was all the "exclusivity"

normiss

Christians do as they please because they are forgiven.
Most of what they do is what makes them douche bags.
Judgmental, condescending, insulting, rude, imposing....

I bet you don't have the balls to stereotype Jews and blacks on this forum the same way you stereotype Christians...right?

Don't be fooled...just because it's becoming popular to mock the preceived "christian" majority in this country, doesn't mean that your spirit of bigotry is any different from that of racists or anti-Semites....

Coreece

Christians do as they please because they are forgiven.
Most of what they do is what makes them douche bags.
Judgmental, condescending, insulting, rude, imposing....

I bet you don't have the balls to stereotype Jews and blacks on this forum the same way you stereotype Christians...right?

Don't be fooled...just because it's becoming popular to mock the preceived "christian" majority in this country, doesn't mean that your spirit of bigotry is any different from that of racists or anti-Semites....

It's a pretty valid point considering they believe that non-christians go to hell. :D We are simply returning the same feelings :D

Not mad, just weary of you and mark thinking that your excessive use of smileys is representative of anything other than adolescent tommyrot...

Listen bud....I don't fully understand the concept of Heaven and Hell...and I cannot possibly condemn anyone.

I do know that the hottest flames are reserved for people like me, if I were to deliberately lead you away from the truth.

I believe that Christ is the only way to know God...other than that, I don't know...there is the idea of weeping and gnashing of teeth - that could be something representative of living in this world for an eternity for all I know. There is an idea of outer darkness, maybe even loneliness, I don't know. If people hate God, than I could assume that eternity with Him is Hell....I don't know.

I think that the majority of Atheism today can be summarized as those with a crusading spirit whose fervor is mostly due to a painful act of liberation from the fetters of religious indoctrination received in youth...

I don't know...maybe it's just a disdain for the christian stereotypes you see on TV and in politics, whatever - it is what is is.

Stop letting others dictate your faith...Don't let them prevent you from experiencing the freedom of God's grace. It's personal, between you and God - I know you can't get the idea of a God out of your mind no matter how hard you try...just go with it -nobody has to know.