kallend

Atheism, liberalism, linked to IQ

Albert Einstein was not an atheist in that he believed in a Supreme Being, although he was probably more liberal than conservative in his political outlook.

Probably unwise to draw conclusions from a survey of this type.
"Here's a good specimen of my own wisdom. Something is so, except when it isn't so."

Charles Fort, commenting on the many contradictions of astronomy

From the Article:

The study takes the American view of liberal vs. conservative. It defines "liberal" in terms of concern for genetically nonrelated people and support for private resources that help those people. It does not look at other factors that play into American political beliefs, such as abortion, gun control and gay rights.

"Liberals are more likely to be concerned about total strangers; conservatives are likely to be concerned with people they associate with," he said.

If this is the yard stick that they are using to make the comparison, the Koch brothers are freaking liberal geniuses...

Do you know how much money they have given away to people that are not genetically related?:D
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

Personally, I think that posting 4-year old links in an obvious attempt to stereotype might be reflective of one's emotional intelligence.

Honest question - Did you leave out "Sexual Exclusivity" from the OP title because that's something you and many others on this board might not particularly relate to?
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

grue

In other stunning developments, high temperatures linked to ice cream consumption, and constant water drinking linked to more frequent urination.

Up next...

Are promiscuous liberal christians just confused or are promiscuous conservative atheists just the biggest douche bags on the planet?

The answer may surprise you...
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Wow! 103 for liberals. I will stick with my libertarian 149.

103 for a teenager is impressive. Particularly when most teens can't think their way out of a wet paper bag.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

Albert Einstein was not an atheist in that he believed in a Supreme Being,......

Yes he was.

It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it.

- Albert Einstein, letter to an atheist (1954), quoted in Albert Einstein: The Human Side, edited by Helen Dukas & Banesh Hoffman

Atheist is what one is when one does not hold a belief in a deity, religion or dogma.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.

masterrig

***Easy.
Christians do as they please because they are forgiven.
:S

How do they know they are forgiven? Does someone tap them with a magic wand? :D Then, they can go out and sin again knowing they will be forgiven.

Chuck

Isn't that what the priests tell em...

3 hail Mary's

http://www.catholictradition.org/Priests/priesthood3-8.htm

Ok Back to sinning now

Amazon

******Easy.
Christians do as they please because they are forgiven.
:S

How do they know they are forgiven? Does someone tap them with a magic wand? :D Then, they can go out and sin again knowing they will be forgiven.

Chuck

Isn't that what the priests tell em...

3 hail Mary's

http://www.catholictradition.org/Priests/priesthood3-8.htm

Ok Back to sinning now

...and a good act of contrition! :)

Chuck

Einstein rejected the label atheist. Einstein stated: "I have repeatedly said that in my opinion the idea of a personal God is a childlike one. You may call me an agnostic, but I do not share the crusading spirit of the professional atheist whose fervor is mostly due to a painful act of liberation from the fetters of religious indoctrination received in youth. I prefer an attitude of humility corresponding to the weakness of our intellectual understanding of nature and of our own being."[1] According to Prince Hubertus, Einstein said, "In view of such harmony in the cosmos which I, with my limited human mind, am able to recognize, there are yet people who say there is no God. But what really makes me angry is that they quote me for the support of such views."[19]

from Wikipedia.
"Here's a good specimen of my own wisdom. Something is so, except when it isn't so."

Einstein rejected the label atheist.

Doesn't matter. If you hold no belief in a deity or religion, you're an atheist. Whether you accept the label or not. You might claim agnostic based on some intellectual position or empirical one, but that doesn't change one's status as far as the atheist title is concerned. Non belief is non belief, period. The reason why is not applicable.

Croc

Einstein rejected the label atheist. Einstein stated: "I have repeatedly said that in my opinion the idea of a personal God is a childlike one. You may call me an agnostic, but I do not share the crusading spirit of the professional atheist whose fervor is mostly due to a painful act of liberation from the fetters of religious indoctrination received in youth. I prefer an attitude of humility corresponding to the weakness of our intellectual understanding of nature and of our own being."[1] According to Prince Hubertus, Einstein said, "In view of such harmony in the cosmos which I, with my limited human mind, am able to recognize, there are yet people who say there is no God. But what really makes me angry is that they quote me for the support of such views."[19]

from Wikipedia.

Mostly because in that time "atheist" was frequently equated with "communist."

He was taking the easy way out rather than get mixed up in a HUAC witch hunt.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

kallend

Did you ever hear of a reprobate mind?

http://www.gotquestions.org/reprobate-mind.html

I believe you have a free will to determine what you do with your mind. How do you know for sure you've made the right choice? GIGO
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

(The following quotes are taken from The Quotable Einstein, Princeton University Press unless otherwise noted)

"My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble minds. That deeply emotional conviction of the presence of a superior reasoning power, which is revealed in the incomprehensible universe, forms my idea of God."

Perhaps a clearer example of his thinking.