kallend

Atheism, liberalism, linked to IQ

skinnay

I bet you don't have the balls to stereotype Jews and blacks on this forum the same way you stereotype Christians...right?

I do!

I was raised in a Jewish household, and despite avoiding religion as much as I could, was forced to go to hebrew school, have a bar mitzvah, etc.

The jewish community where I grew up could easily be described as racist, judgmental, insulting, and controlling.

So how did the circumcision feel?

It feels great anytime you can get your dick sucked

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2304793/Two-babies-stricken-HERPES-ritual-oral-blood-sucking-circumcision-New-York-City.html

God that shit is fucked up. Congrats to all the parents who are subjecting their kids to molestation in their second week of life.
cavete terrae.

kallend

the London School of Economics and Political Science, who correlated data on religious behavior with IQ, from a large national U.S. sample and found that, on average, people who identified as liberal and atheist had higher IQs.

So what is your point in the redundancy of posting this data without so much as providing a clear understanding of what it's significance and practicality mean to you?

The three great strategies for obscuring an issue are to introduce irrelevancies, to arouse prejudice, and to excite ridicule. - Bergen Evans, The Natural History of Nonsense

This whole thing reminds me of how white supremacists would exploit correlations between IQ and race by twisting it to support their own political and social agenda.

Surprise, surprise...
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

This whole thing reminds me of how white supremacists would exploit correlations between IQ and race by twisting it to support their own political and social agenda.

As soon as somebody says something which you do not like, you scream oppression.

surprise, surprise.

Coreece

***the London School of Economics and Political Science, who correlated data on religious behavior with IQ, from a large national U.S. sample and found that, on average, people who identified as liberal and atheist had higher IQs.

So what is your point in the redundancy of posting this data without so much as providing a clear understanding of what it's significance and practicality mean to you?

So what is your point in snipping the context that actually answered your silly question before you even asked it?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

>Patriot Act??? That damn liberal Cheney and his running dog John Ashcroft

I never said that only the liberals were guilty of trampling our rights. Both conservatards,and libertards are guilty,but the libertards are the bigger threat at this time.

toolbox

>Patriot Act??? That damn liberal Cheney and his running dog John Ashcroft

I never said that only the liberals were guilty of trampling our rights. Both conservatards,and libertards are guilty,but the libertards are the bigger threat at this time.

I think you will find that most women would disagree with that whole heartedly.. as well as the voters that the conservatives seek to disenfranchize in great numbers as the only way to keep their sorry asses in power in their gerrymandered districts..

>I suggest you go tell this to the "dumb" folks at the London School of Economics and Political Science,

I beg forgiveness for doubting the unbiased holier than thou enlightened ones at the London school of economics and political science,NOT! There are constantly studies being done on many things,and often there are studies done by different entities on the same subject that result in vastly different conclusions. So you believe that this one study should be deemed scientific fact,a physical law of the universe?
I can't speak for you or anyone else,but in my experience I've met some very smart liberals,conservatives,religious folks,and atheist. I've met a few not so smart liberals,conservatives,religious folks,and atheist.
Now I've not tested any IQ's,but I have seen some very well edjumicated professional type people who believe only in scientific facts do some really stupid things, especially since I've been skydiving.
I personally believe in science, and I am not at all religious,so it's going to take a lot more than one study on anything to convince me to take any findings as facts.
I have observed on several occasions that you like to paint anyone who refuses your ideological koolaid as stupid.
My observations of your post have led me to hypothesize that you are not any smarter or dumber than the average adult,but you have been fortunate to have had some higher edjumication.
I am guilty as most everyone is of the ridicule of those who disagree with our views,but citing one study as proof that people with views that oppose your own are less intelligent seems very unscientific.

>Now, stay off of my front porch. Mad

I do not understand why anyone would get angry at someone because they are standing on your porch in plain sight and knocking on the door to ask to speak with you.
These people are not there to commit a crime against you or your property,so why get so wound up.
I have even invited them in for a drink, or a cup of coffee on a few occasions when I've been bored, just for entertainment purposes.
They always profess that alcohol and coffee are bad, and I try to tempt them to have some anyway.
They never seem to come back, even when I invite them back for some party action later. In fact they never come back period.
It seems none of them want to be tempted by an INFIDEL!

toolbox

I do not understand why anyone would get angry at someone because they are standing on your porch in plain sight and knocking on the door to ask to speak with you.

Because some people believe the right to privacy includes/implies the right to be left alone.

What you're suggesting is a bit like saying people shouldn't get upset at spam email or telephone solicitors. I think that's unrealistic to expect from most people.

"The Right to Privacy" (4 Harvard L.R. 193 (Dec. 15, 1890)) is a law review article written by Samuel Warren and Louis Brandeis, and published in the 1890 Harvard Law Review. It is "one of the most influential essays in the history of American law"[1] and is widely regarded as the first publication in the United States to advocate a right to privacy,[2] articulating that right primarily as a "right to be left alone".

Emphasis mine.
Source;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Right_to_Privacy_(article)#Defining_.22privacy.22
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

>I can't speak for you or anyone else,but in my experience I've met some very
>smart liberals,conservatives,religious folks,and atheist. I've met a few not so
>smart liberals,conservatives,religious folks,and atheist.

Definitely, and on average you're not going to notice much difference. And the difference cited in this study is small (6 points.)

In general you are going to see a small bias caused by the requirements of some religions, not due to any inherent differences in intelligence. There are some sects of Christianity that tell you that you have to believe in the Biblical story of creation - and that's going to drive some of the more intelligent people away from that religion. That, fortunately, is pretty rare, and tends to affect only a small number of people even within such religions. But that would likely be sufficient to cause that kind of a skew in the results.

>Biblical story of creation - and that's going to drive some of the more intelligent people away from that religion.

I agree 100% I was raised Christian and can remember being punished for asking about the teachings vs scientific facts.
I was also punished for pointing out some of the contradictions in the bible.
I do not believe,but I still respect those who do, as long as they do not go westboro Baptist on me.:D

>Because some people believe the right to privacy includes/implies the right to be left alone.

So knocking on the door of your house without a no solicitation,or no trespass sign on a city street equals invasion of your privacy?
You do not have to open the door,and they are not breaking in so how are they invading your privacy?
If the outside of your front door,and your porch in a city dwelling are so private,then why can't you sit on your porch naked screaming profanity while children walk by on their way home from school,or at anytime as far as that goes?
Windows on the other hand are not normal points of entry,like front porches that use sidewalks to direct other humans to the front door which usually has a doorbell or other noise making device to alert you to visitors at the front door.I could see where knocking on,or peering through windows would be invasion of privacy, since there is no good reason to be there, as it is not a normal point of entry for visitors.
As far as I know,unless you have a locked gate,or a no tresspass sign, someone knocking on your door is not a crime.

kallend

Not really, " For God has chosen the foolish of the world to shame the wise, and he has chosen the weak of the world to shame the mighty. "

Gotta love the paradox. It appears to me that "higher IQ" for some is more of a stumbling block than an asset. I am glad to be counted with the foolish.

maadmax

Not really, " For God has chosen the foolish of the world to shame the wise, and he has chosen the weak of the world to shame the mighty. "

Gotta love the paradox. It appears to me that "higher IQ" for some is more of a stumbling block than an asset. I am glad to be counted with the foolish.

I think that the elitism of the people being discussed warrant that Amazon's link belongs in here too.

So here ya go - all those stellar academians
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Hi toolbox,

Actually, I do not get mad/angry. It was a 'mad' facie just to be facetious. Anytime I use a 'facie' it is to be in jest.

However, I have short shrift with those that refuse to leave when I say, 'No thanks.' That sometimes get my blood a little warm.

JerryBaumchen

JerryBaumchen

Hi toolbox,

Actually, I do not get mad/angry. It was a 'mad' facie just to be facetious. Anytime I use a 'facie' it is to be in jest.

However, I have short shrift with those that refuse to leave when I say, 'No thanks.' That sometimes get my blood a little warm.

JerryBaumchen

Just invite them in sacrificial rights and Satanic Bible Studies in the 3rd level keep

maadmax

Does self-deprecation count as a PA?

Einstein clearly had a disdain for the "crusading spirit of the professional atheist whose fervor is mostly due to a painful act of liberation from the fetters of religious indoctrination received in youth."

All that really meant was that he had little tolerance for in-your-face stridency of demeanor by people of any stripe.

turtlespeed

. . . Which, by default, if your linking to IQ is accurate, it also carries with it the link to elitism, racism, sexism.. . etc. But we knew that didn't we.

I think that the elitism of the people being discussed warrant that Amazon's link belongs in here too.

So here ya go - all those stellar academians
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Hi normiss,

My door is closing as you hear the "s" in "No thanks".

Had to do that very thing just last week.

>:(

JerryBaumchen

PS) And it is not just the religious folks; that one was some dufus wanting to sell me new siding for my house. If he had looked he might just have noticed that the siding is already new. Hey, ya gotta make a buck.

>However, I have short shrift with those that refuse to leave when I say, 'No thanks.' That sometimes get my blood a little warm.

Now that would definitely be a rude intrusion,and would demand a stern response which most likely,and understandingly so,could involve some profanity.
From what I've seen I can't see you getting to mean with anyone unless they really deserved it,you just don't impress me as the angry short fused type.

billvon

>Just invite them in sacrificial rights and Satanic Bible Studies in the 3rd level keep

I find it more fun to ask whether God created cattle or people first.

Well there is always the desire then to have them explain minotaurs.