kallend

Jesus Saves

Coreece

************the Holy Spirit is dealing with you and courting your return to the Lord. He is showing you the cross.

Is that akin to showing someone the gallows, or the electric chair, in an attempt to scare them?

That is not the way I use the term. I see the cross as the bridge by which man can reach God's paradise.

The cross is an instrument of torture and execution.

Used by godless roman pagans to exact punishment on those willing to die for their beliefs...

Nice spin, but the Romans used crucifixion as a motivational tool

"Pour encourager les autres" and all that.

Stumpy

***>godless adjective 1.having or acknowledging no god or deity; atheistic.

Hit the nail on the head right there.

true, but what have the Romans ever done for us?

They gave concrete to their descendants. Hoffa probably does not appreciate that.

kallend

*********the Holy Spirit is dealing with you and courting your return to the Lord. He is showing you the cross.

Is that akin to showing someone the gallows, or the electric chair, in an attempt to scare them?

That is not the way I use the term. I see the cross as the bridge by which man can reach God's paradise.

The cross is an instrument of torture and execution. Nice way to reach your paradise, NOT.

I provide you the Scriptural concept and you overlook it and comeback with insignificant detail.

Over the years I have recognized this repetitive pattern. You are not the only one. It seems to be consistent with your social upbringing. Conceptual thinking is efficient and efficacious. Arguing details is subverted, confusing and misdirects the conversation. As the old saying goes, "The devil is in the details."
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.