kallend

Jesus Saves

kallend

For someone who claims that Jesus is a fantasy conjured up by a bunch of Jews, you spend a lot of time attacking Him. Seems like if He truly didn't exist for you, your energies would be much better spent attacking real evils.

BartsDaddy

***And how do you feel about that?

And even with a mod asking a question. No answer after the line was cast. Troll troll your boat.

Some of us do have other things going on in our lives besides DZ.COM

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

quade

What if Jesus, like L. Ron Hubbard, absolutely existed, but the beliefs surrounding him are not much more than mythology?

That's easy...you get Catholicism, along with their sick and twisted-curved crucifix resembling something out of Kurtz’s temple from Apocalypse Now...
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Coreece

***What if Jesus, like L. Ron Hubbard, absolutely existed, but the beliefs surrounding him are not much more than mythology?

That's easy...you get Catholicism, along with their sick and twisted-curved crucifix resembling something out of Kurtz’s temple from Apocalypse Now...

Let me see if I understand this correctly; you do not think Catholics are Christians?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

******What if Jesus, like L. Ron Hubbard, absolutely existed, but the beliefs surrounding him are not much more than mythology?

Let me see if I understand this correctly; you do not think Catholics are Christians?

I don't think Catholicism is Christianity...

quade

******What if Jesus, like L. Ron Hubbard, absolutely existed, but the beliefs surrounding him are not much more than mythology?

Most evangelical Christians believe that Catholics are not Christians.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

masterblaster72

*********What if Jesus, like L. Ron Hubbard, absolutely existed, but the beliefs surrounding him are not much more than mythology?

Most evangelical Christians believe that Catholics are not Christians.

That's not true...Most Catholics that I've met seem to be ignorant of what the Catholic Church actually teaches, and that's a good thing...

quade

Ya know, even Shia vs Sunni are still Muslims.

Geebus.

Yep, but are christian scientists really scientists?

Would you call a biologist who doesn't believe in evolution, a biologist or a creationist?

Would you call a wufoo a skydiver?

I just read through your interaction with quade and I agree with you. I've met some Catholics that I believe are Christians but prefer the ceremony of the RC mass. I'm OK with that, don't totally get it but OK.

From my study the following are generally accepted as Christian by non-Christian observers. They are not recognized as such by Christian theologians.

1. Roman Catholic Church
2. Jehovah's Witnesses
3. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints i.e., Mormon Church

In terms of what is good for America, we can all work together. In terms of eternal life, maybe we should talk.

Personally, the Mormons are problematic for me. Watching and listening to Glenn Beck preach and pray, it is difficult for me to think he is not saved.

Trying to discuss and explain these differences to a non-believer is probably an exercise of futility.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

kallend

Its a Miracle..

A 98-foot tall crucifix honoring Pope John Paul II collapsed during an event near the village of Cevo in northern Italy, killing 21 year-old Marco Gusmini as he was posing for a photograph with friends on Wednesday, ahead of a canonization ceremony honoring Popes John Paul II and John XXIII.

“It is an inexplicable tragedy. A young life, so many hopes, destroyed this way,” said Cevo mayor Silvio Citroni. He explained that the wood splintered, and “the boys ran in every direction” to get out of the way, but Gusmini ran the “wrong way.”

In a strange twist, the Corriere della Sera newspaper revealed that the man crushed by the 1300 lb. cross lived on a street named after Pope John XXIII, the other Pope scheduled to be elevated to sainthood at the Vatican.

Flavius Josephus writes of Jesus in "The Jewish Antiquities." Josephus does cite that Jesus was crucified by the Romans. So it seems that one secular source write as an eyewitness that Jesus was a real person.

Now WHO Jesus actually was, mere man or God incarnate is something each of us have to decide. So, I'll leave that one to you and everyone else here as I have made my decision and am very happy about it. It does appear, however, that Jesus actually existed.

From my study the following are generally accepted as Christian by non-Christian observers. They are not recognized as such by Christian theologians.

Which Christian theologians do not recognize the Roman Catholic Church as part of Orthodox Christianity?

I'd love to know.

Boomerdog

Which Christian theologians do not recognize the Roman Catholic Church as part of Orthodox Christianity?

I'd love to know.

Uh which of the millions of the dead heretics do you think would argue the point... and lets not forget all the strife betwixt Catholics and Protestants that many of us with Colonial roots survived by coming here... and that did not even stop the stupidity... I remember not so long ago how an election turned on Kennedy being a Papist. All in the name of the Lord.

Boomerdog

I'd love to know.

Research the Reformation and read The Great Controversy. That would be a good starting place.

Also, https://www.chick.com/information/religions/catholicism/
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Boomerdog

Touchy touchy touchy there.
All I asked for was specific names of theologians and I get your screed. Sorry, I did not know the question was of such sensistive nature.

Basically.. Pick just about any evangelical "theologian" who thinks anyone not following their particular dogma... is going straight to hell.. with a Praise the Lord thrown in for good measure.

Boomerdog

Touchy touchy touchy there.
All I asked for was specific names of theologians and I get your screed. Sorry, I did not know the question was of such sensistive nature.

Basically.. Pick just about any evangelical "theologian" who thinks anyone not following their particular dogma... is going straight to hell.. with a Praise the Lord thrown in for good measure.

Jack Chick is a reputable Christian scholar?? :S:S

You remind me of this Star Trek episode.

How do you guys ever find it in your hearts to pervert Christianity into such a travesty of exclusion and hate? You're no different from the Sunnis and Shias who hate each other because of trivial differences in history, each denying the other is practicing "real" Islam.

I'm glad that I know 100 decent Christians for each one that follows your twisted beliefs.

Don

GeorgiaDon

Jack Chick is a reputable Christian scholar?? :S:S

You remind me of this Star Trek episode.

How do you guys ever find it in your hearts to pervert Christianity into such a travesty of exclusion and hate? You're no different from the Sunnis and Shias who hate each other because of trivial differences in history, each denying the other is practicing "real" Islam.

I'm glad that I know 100 decent Christians for each one that follows your twisted beliefs.

Don

Where did he demonstrate exclusion and hate? Was it the part where he said that he believes some Catholics are Christians? Was it the part where he said that he believes Glen Beck (A Mormon) was a Christian? Or was it the part where he said "In terms of what is good for America, we can all work together. In terms of eternal life, maybe we should talk."

He said nothing that denotes exclusion and hate...

If anybody is twisting anything, it's you.

It would be nice if we could just have a civil theological discussion about the difference between Evangelicals, Catholics, JW's and Mormons without you interjecting your irrelevant ad hom...

There are trivial differences between Baptists, Lutherans, Presbyterians, Methodists, non-denominational, etc....no big deal.

But there are major difference between the foundational tenets of those listed above and Catholicism, JW and Mormonism. They are so much different that you might as well just consider Muslims to be Christians simply because they also believe in Jesus...

Now if you want to discuss those differences, great...I think it's rather interesting. But if you just want to flame away, I guess that's your prerogative.