RonD1120

Comprehensive Pro-Gun Bill Georgia Law 23 Apr 14

normiss

Preventing citizens their constitutional rights is worse.

I don't understand why so many people dislike the freedom they chose to live in.

Some would say that living in a society that is armed to the teeth is really no freedom at all.

I never understood where the right to a "well regulated militia" transformed into arming every single swinging dick walking down the street.

One thing is for sure, you can never go wrong when it comes to fear mongering, The gun industry and the NRA are laughing all the way to the bank.

kelpdiver

******Did you have a point, either?

Yes. I've stated it many times to various posters; simply copying and pasting the words of somebody else is not a conversation.
Oh, really? Do you ever do it when it's not one of your gun foes?

Yes. Absolutely.

I see no shortage of insipid content free posts with nothing but a url, not even a vague description. Can I count on you to start hounding them....or hell, to nuke them entirely? I'm all for a rule that says the original content (word count) should generally exceed the cited content.

Selective outrage and confirmation bias is probably why you, in particular, see things not going down exactly the way you would like to if you were in charge. That said, I hereby deputize you.

I will not go so far as to say they require more original content than quoted content, but at the very least people should give us a clue as to why they posted. Whenever you see one completely void of explanation, point it out to me. I'll be happy to rant about it regardless the poster or topic.

The reason you don't see me doing it universally is because I am just A person and I have other interests than sitting on-line 24/7/365. I absolutely will miss quite a bit here as will every other Mod.

Tell ya what though, I will make a sticky for the top of this forum.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Andy9o8

I hear they passed a pro-cheese law in Wisconsin. Shocking.

One particular aspect of HB 60 that I liked is, after 1 July concealed carry is permitted in church and in bars. The church has to opt in and the bar has to opt out.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

***I hear they passed a pro-cheese law in Wisconsin. Shocking.

One particular aspect of HB 60 that I liked is, after 1 July concealed carry is permitted in church and in bars. The church has to opt in and the bar has to opt out.

Praise the lord and pass the ammunition.
Oh - and hold my beer and watch this.

lawrocket

***You are so predictable.

IF someone mentions guns you jump right on stand your ground as being racist

and if someone mentions jesus you just have to pop off with the GOP in your first comment.

By the way...hearing liberals cry about blood in the streets make me laugh.

I understand she has her guns. It's others that she doesn't think should have them.

This is the classic liberal mentality.

There you go again....Thinking everyone who does not believe exactly as you do is one of those "libruls" Well done councilor.

As a long time FORMER competitive NRA shooter.. I think that sane firearms regulations are acceptable.. Wild west anything goes.. with misuse of the right to bear arms will in the long run... harm those of us who are law abiding citizens and will further degrade the 2nd for us.

Amazon

.. I think that sane firearms regulations are acceptable.. Wild west anything goes.. with misuse of the right to bear arms will in the long run... harm those of us who are law abiding citizens and will further degrade the 2nd for us.

Agreed - anyone that has committed a violent crime should have the right curtailed or removed - doing a check to make sure the buyer doesn't fit in that category is common sense.

But, anyone that hasn't, should be left alone.

I think there should be analogous requirements for all the rights.
rights are also a responsibility, once someone demonstrates they are irresponsible, only then can that right be taken away.

However, if one can't take any gun rights statement and replace "gun ownership" with analogous 'speech', 'vote', 'assemble', 'own property' statements, and it still makes sense, then the line is crossed.

(example - guns....if someone demonstrates they can't handle the right - i.e., they shot someone unlawfully, they should lose the right to own guns. Speech - if someone's idea of "speech" is to graffiti another person's private property, or to assault someone (dump blood on them, assault them, harrass them, throw feces on them, etc), they should lose the right to free speech) - in both those examples, they do by virtue of being incarcerated hopefully.

(I also think that any time a congresscritter recommends a law that's already redundant to existing laws - just to create some PR - they should have that ability deleted also. this goes for laws that just tighten existing laws "just one step more, for the children")

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Not replying to anybody in particular, but wow... those strict gun laws in Chicago are really working well. :S

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2014/04/21/7-dead-37-wounded-in-weekend-shootings/

2nd weekend in a row that at least 36 people were shot in the city.

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

normiss

Preventing citizens their constitutional rights is worse.

I don't understand why so many people dislike the freedom they chose to live in.

The founders knew... a WELL REGULATED MILITIA was important to the life of the country...

Regulate that shit... some training in proper care and use should be mandatory... but many people shirk that responsibility to learn and then they have no clue how to TRAIN the next generations.

BillyVance

Not replying to anybody in particular, but wow... those strict gun laws in Chicago are really working well. :S

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2014/04/21/7-dead-37-wounded-in-weekend-shootings/

2nd weekend in a row that at least 36 people were shot in the city.

Oh those silly Negros... sitting on their porches.. shootin each other all da time...:S

Amazon

Regulate that shit... some training in proper care and use should be mandatory....

Free speech - regulate that shit.....some people need to take classes and have education before being allowed to express their opinions

Voting - regulate that shit.....some pre-test on knowledge of current events should be required before they can go to the polls (I have seen this comment a lot from the more 'extreme' posters here - lefty and righty - so it's not such a wild concern as one might think)

(I agree that care of weapons and training on safe use is a great idea. People should choose to take that voluntarily. HOWEVER:

I resonate with you more and more as safe gun ownership is being killed off and parents don't know enough to teach their kids anymore.........tough one, but more analogous to operating a car, or a parachute, than to voting or speech.....but should it be?

the worry is that those in power will abuse it and make the training so expensive or complicated or impossible that it would amount to a de-facto ban on the 2nd......clearly we see that would be just fine some of the 'usual suspects')

I find it absolutely amazing how voting and gun ownership debates take the same discussion lines - the, discussions at least, are very analogous

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Amazon

The founders knew... a WELL REGULATED MILITIA was important to the life of the country...

Regulate that shit... some training in proper care and use should be mandatory... but many people shirk that responsibility to learn and then they have no clue how to TRAIN the next generations.

you're misusing the word regulate here. I'm pretty sure you know the definition in context.

kelpdiver

you're misusing the work regulate here. I'm pretty sure you know the definition in context.

I don't know the definition in context - can you help me understand? (I'll try to search on it, but for fear of just being buried in uber pro and uber con websites with their own custom twists on it.)

rehmwa

***Regulate that shit... some training in proper care and use should be mandatory....

Free speech - regulate that shit.....some people need to take classes and have education before being allowed to express their opinions

Voting - regulate that shit.....some pre-test on knowledge of current events should be required before they can go to the polls (I have seen this comment a lot from the more 'extreme' posters here - lefty and righty - so it's not such a wild concern as one might think)

(I agree that care of weapons and training on safe use is a great idea. People should choose to take that voluntarily. HOWEVER:

I resonate with you more and more as safe gun ownership is being killed off and parents don't know enough to teach their kids anymore.........tough one, but more analogous to operating a car, or a parachute, than to voting or speech.....but should it be?

the worry is that those in power will abuse it and make the training so expensive or complicated or impossible that it would amount to a de-facto ban on the 2nd......clearly we see that would be just fine some of the 'usual suspects')

I find it absolutely amazing how voting and gun ownership debates take the same discussion lines - the, discussions at least, are very analogous

The NRA back in its saner days.... had great programs for competition and training of kids. Perhaps if they focused more time and energy on that changes would occur in society as a whole with safer handling of weapons. All the states I have lived have some kind of hunter education programs ... expand them and make them free to those who will be buying hunting tags and licenses. ( get the damn parents in there too.
I would go one step further with the parents.. Doing stupid shit with more than a .08 alcohol loading gets your right to try to kill your friends and neighbors suspended for a length of time. NOTHING is more volatile than mixing gun powder and alcohol when you mix a MORON in with it.

Now to the more silly portions....

Founders did not say anything about a well regulated mouth for speech to come out of... BUT they did have a whole bunch of rules of who could and could not vote.

No Property... No Vote
No Dick..... No Vote
No White.... no vote...

AS much as some would like to go back to that... Even the American Taliban could not get those kinds of laws passed.

kelpdiver

you're misusing the word regulate here. I'm pretty sure you know the definition in context.

Are you going to show up to DRILL as the militias in the Colonies had to do to maintain their status in their communities???

rehmwa

***you're misusing the work regulate here. I'm pretty sure you know the definition in context.

I don't know the definition in context - can you help me understand? (I'll try to search on it, but for fear of just being buried in uber pro and uber con websites with their own custom twists on it.)

the well regulated militia in the 2nd is a well trained body of citizens. Not one that has to negotiate a maze of laws in order to exercise their rights.

Dumb liberals (yes, there are gun rights supporting liberals, but since it is the party platform, I'm going to abuse it) get confused and see the word as support for their stance. They have a similar problem with the word militia. But oddly, the shall not be abridged part doesn't get such literal treatment.

Smart liberals know they're lying, but they don't care, because they're trying to convince the dumb people.

Amazon

The NRA back in its saner days.... had great programs for competition and training of kids. Perhaps if they focused more time and energy on that changes would occur in society as a whole with safer handling of weapons. All the states I have lived have some kind of hunter education programs ... expand them and make them free to those who will be buying hunting tags and licenses. ( get the damn parents in there too.
I would go one step further with the parents.. Doing stupid shit with more than a .08 alcohol loading gets your right to try to kill your friends and neighbors suspended for a length of time. NOTHING is more volatile than mixing gun powder and alcohol when you mix a MORON in with it.

<<<>>>

totally agree that a private organization could do a world of good by encouraging responsible ownership and use of firearms. those programs do still exist though - they could score a lot of PR points, though, by emphasizing those services over the general stance in the media.

to your 'silly' response - good examples the overregulation of a 'right' certainly can lead to abuse, that's why we need to minimize government interference so we don't see the mistakes of the past creep into what should be self managed rights

would you want either party to have the ability to require a 'litmus' test of citizens prior to voting? I know some here would love it, but I don't think you would though, no matter passionate you are about certain topics.

gun ownership - we seem to be approaching the point where I could easily see "Who did you vote for?" and "Did you have an ACA health care policy?" and "What is your gross income?" on the Purchase Permit application.....

kelpdiver

the well regulated militia in the 2nd is a well trained body of citizens. Not one that has to negotiate a maze of laws in order to exercise their rights.

Dumb liberals (yes, there are gun rights supporting liberals, but since it is the party platform, I'm going to abuse it) get confused and see the word as support for their stance. They have a similar problem with the word militia. But oddly, the shall not be abridged part doesn't get such literal treatment.

Smart liberals know they're lying, but they don't care, because they're trying to convince the dumb people.

OK - I thought so. I also agree to all the rest of your note too. I see it in action.

rehmwa

***The NRA back in its saner days.... had great programs for competition and training of kids. Perhaps if they focused more time and energy on that changes would occur in society as a whole with safer handling of weapons. All the states I have lived have some kind of hunter education programs ... expand them and make them free to those who will be buying hunting tags and licenses. ( get the damn parents in there too.

>>>

totally agree that a private organization could do a world of good by encouraging responsible ownership and use of firearms. those programs do still exist though

to your 'silly' response - good examples the overregulation of a 'right' certainly can lead to abuse, that's why we need to minimize government interference so we don't see the mistakes of the past creep into what should be self managed rights

would you want either party to have the ability to require a 'litmus' test of citizens prior to voting? I know some here would love it, but I don't think you would though, no matter passionate you are about certain topics.

gun ownership - we seem to be approaching the point where I could easily see "Who did you vote for?" and "Did you have an ACA health care policy?" and "What is your gross income?" on the Purchase Permit application.....

I believe that denying ANY American..... who has not lost their right to do so in the courts..... is the ULTIMATE in Un-American activities and should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. ( would I want them all to be better educated.. and informed hell yes.... BUT that is not a criteria so should not be a part of the process.)
Bring on the purple THUMBS after you cast your ballot... I like that... 1 person one vote.. and we can see who gives a damn about our government and who does not for several weeks.;)

Amazon

I believe that denying ANY American..... who has not lost their right to do so in the courts..... is the ULTIMATE in Un-American activities and should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. ( would I want them all to be better educated.. and informed hell yes.... BUT that is not a criteria so should not be a part of the process.)
Bring on the purple THUMBS after you cast your ballot... I like that... 1 person one vote.. and we can see who gives a damn about our government and who does not for several weeks.;)

SCORE!!!

That logic should apply to each and every right also.

rehmwa

***I believe that denying ANY American..... who has not lost their right to do so in the courts..... is the ULTIMATE in Un-American activities and should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. ( would I want them all to be better educated.. and informed hell yes.... BUT that is not a criteria so should not be a part of the process.)

SCORE!!!

That logic should apply to each and every right also.

It would also serve notice on ALL politicians to up their message to those they wish to vote for them. I would also wish to see those who do not live up to their promises to the people who vote them in.... to be very short lived in politics.

Campaign finance reform to jail any son of a bitch who accepts "Bribes" or offers them to any government official for any reason. ( good by lobbyists of all flavors)

Amazon

The NRA back in its saner days.... had great programs for competition and training of kids. Perhaps if they focused more time and energy on that changes would occur in society as a whole with safer handling of weapons.

They still have these materials and the willingness to continue offering them. But as a result of the political fights, they're now viewed not too differently from Joe Camel, so the offer is usually rejected, and instead smaller orgs choose to reinvent (or in some cases, plagerize) the wheel.

I won't say the fault is all on one side - it's a typical outcome of a protracted, polarizing fight. But yes, it has negative consequences.