ryoder

4/20 -- WWJD?

2) If so, and since cigarettes are bad because of cancer, then shouldn't marijuana also be bad for the same reason?

Adults are legally allowed to make the terrible choice of smoking cigarettes for themselves. That's all the pot smokers want.

- Dan G

quade

so while it's still bad, it's less bad than cigarettes.

well, once legal, it'll be mass produced and with addictive 'additives' and 'fillers'

you might want to check back at that time for a re-assessment on the whole 'cancer' thing

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

rehmwa

*** so while it's still bad, it's less bad than cigarettes.

well, once legal, it'll be mass produced and with addictive 'additives' and 'fillers'
you might want to check back at that time for a re-assessment on the whole 'cancer' thing

Regardless, listen to the podcast I linked because it's fascinating.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

rehmwa

*** so while it's still bad, it's less bad than cigarettes.

OR you could just grow your own.. organically...

quade

***Random thoughts from this thread:

1) Does smoking marijuana cause lung cancer, the same way that smoking tobacco does?

I'm told it is smoked in lower quantities and lower temperatures are involved so while it's still bad, it's less bad than cigarettes.

That makes sense. If the average dose is one joint per night, that's far less than a pack a day of cigarettes.

DanG

2) If so, and since cigarettes are bad because of cancer, then shouldn't marijuana also be bad for the same reason?

Adults are legally allowed to make the terrible choice of smoking cigarettes for themselves. That's all the pot smokers want.

Agreed!

Amazon

My take is on most "Christians" I have met seem to feel that their ass in a pew is about as far as they go.. and certainly have no concept of what the lord actually taught... and that goes for the guy up there in front of the congregations too.

In THAT we agree heartily.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

My take is on most "Christians" I have met seem to feel that their ass in a pew is about as far as they go.. and certainly have no concept of what the lord actually taught... and that goes for the guy up there in front of the congregations too.

Oh, come on. People go to church to feel happy.

Ignorance is bliss.

The Church has an endless supply of bliss.

What's the problem?

winsor

Ignorance is bliss.

What's the problem?

Liberals.:|
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

Ignorance is bliss.

What's the problem?

Liberals.:|

Wow that sucks .... too bad you can't roll back the clock 30 or 40 years.

There were all kinds of really fun right wing dictatorships all over central and south America you could have run away to. They hated "librals" like the poor and churchmen and priests and nuns that they executed them in the middle of the night. Maybe when the American Taliban gets the Dark Ages return here they pray for in the USA they can bring that kind of social engineering back yet again.

Remember now.. that as a species we tried that whole Church as State... it was lovingly referred to as ...... yup.... The Dark Ages.

Amazon

Remember now.. that as a species we tried that whole Church as State... it was lovingly referred to as ...... yup.... The Dark Ages.

Tried? It's still alive and well and living in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

And why do we tolerate such nonsense? Oh yeah, oil.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

***Remember now.. that as a species we tried that whole Church as State... it was lovingly referred to as ...... yup.... The Dark Ages.

Tried? It's still alive and well and living in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

And why do we tolerate such nonsense? Oh yeah, oil.

Nothing that a determined group of about 1 million women with some new Tales of the Arabian Nights could not solve if they get tired of their gilded cages.