ryoder

4/20 -- WWJD?

Arvoitus

Hitler was a vegetarian so he is not necessarily the best poster boy for meaty goodiness.

But what would have made it all the better to whip up some outrage from the vegetarians. Win/win.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

tonyhays

Why? I thought it was hilarious.

Some people have no sense of humor. Look at the Muslims... ZERO tolerance for any jokes about Muhammad, or Abraham, or Allah. To the point they will put a death threat on you. Salman Rushdie, anyone?:S
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

BillyVance

***Why? I thought it was hilarious.

Some people have no sense of humor. Look at the Muslims... ZERO tolerance for any jokes about Muhammad, or Abraham, or Allah. To the point they will put a death threat on you. Salman Rushdie, anyone?:S

I think it would be well to remember that Jesus would not exactly fit into being an "establishment" kind of guy. I also think he would not be happy in the "message" that so so many of his followers in this country have towards those he would help as he did in his lifetime .

Amazon

******Why? I thought it was hilarious.

I think it would be well to remember that Jesus would not exactly fit into being an "establishment" kind of guy. I also think he would not be happy in the "message" that so so many of his followers in this country have towards those he would help as he did in his lifetime .

How is it that you pretend to "know" Him?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

*********Why? I thought it was hilarious.

How does anybody?
quade -

quade

************Why? I thought it was hilarious.

How does anybody?

I asked you not.

Let her answer if you can.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

turtlespeed

I asked you not.
Let her answer if you can.

Filing this away for the next time you stick you nose into a conversation somebody else is having.

Oh wait. I don't have to. You've already butted into THIS conversation between two different people. Really, Turtle, you're probably not the person to be telling others not to interject. It's almost all you ever do around here.
quade -

turtlespeed

*********Why? I thought it was hilarious.

"You will KNOW them by their fruits".

It truly is a very simple concept. Perhaps you should read the book again... and try to understand it this time.

Amazon

************Why? I thought it was hilarious.

It truly is a very simple concept. Perhaps you should read the book again... and try to understand it this time.

Them = Him . . . Interesting.

turtlespeed

***************Why? I thought it was hilarious.

Holy Trinity ring a bell Turtle???? Plurality is certainly a part of the religion that most of the people in this country profess to follow.
But that passage also serves as a warning that sure sounds like most of organized Christianity in this country.. including your leaders.

Amazon

******************Why? I thought it was hilarious.

Holy Trinity ring a bell Turtle???? Plurality is certainly a part of the religion that most of the people in this country profess to follow.
But that passage also serves as a warning that sure sounds like most of organized Christianity in this country.. including your leaders.

And you think that verse relates to the HT?:D:D:D:D:D:D

I think you may be a bit short on your understanding of the verse and its true meaning.

Here is the actual reference.

How ironic, actually.

A Tree and its Fruit
15"Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves. 16"You will know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes nor figs from thistles, are they? 17"So every good tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears bad fruit.…

Them = Him... is a reference.... sucks to not understand that.

I know the passage well and it applies far to well to most of the Christian's in this country who ascribe to the tenants and actions of the GOP.

I think we know them quite well by their fruits... But I will leave that to the Lord to work out with yall.

Amazon

Them = Him... is a reference.... sucks to not understand that.

I know the passage well and it applies far to well to most of the Christian's in this country who ascribe to the tenants and actions of the GOP.

I think we know them quite well by their fruits... But I will leave that to the Lord to work out with yall.

So you are saying that you were referring to Him=Them and a verse referencing the god begets good and bad begets bad, while at the same time explaining that them = Him as the Holy Trinity, while your original comment on the matter was me asking you how you knew Him.

Uh huh.

I am saying that when he returns.. we will know him... I am also saying that we have a pretty darn good idea of where the policies of the GOP are coming from too.

I would say I have a pretty good idea of who Christ was.. by his deeds... Who was it he helped??
Who was it that he vilified????

My take is on most "Christians" I have met seem to feel that their ass in a pew is about as far as they go.. and certainly have no concept of what the lord actually taught... and that goes for the guy up there in front of the congregations too.

Amazon

I am saying that when he returns.. we will know him... I am also saying that we have a pretty darn good idea of where the policies of the GOP are coming from too.

I would say I have a pretty good idea of who Christ was.. by his deeds... Who was it he helped??

My take is on most "Christians" I have met seem to feel that their ass in a pew is about as far as they go.. and certainly have no concept of what the lord actually taught... and that goes for the guy up there in front of the congregations too.

BOOOM I was wondering how long it would take you to make a remark and associate the GOP and jesus. Now, not only can you read Jesus' mind you can read every persons mind who doesn't fit into accordance with your little political agenda. How lonely it must be all the way up there with noone to sit next to you because you love to alienate people. Enjoy the silence.

regulator

***I am saying that when he returns.. we will know him... I am also saying that we have a pretty darn good idea of where the policies of the GOP are coming from too.

BOOOM I was wondering how long it would take you to make a remark and associate the GOP and jesus. Now, not only can you read Jesus' mind you can read every persons mind who doesn't fit into accordance with your little political agenda. How lonely it must be all the way up there with noone to sit next to you because you love to alienate people. Enjoy the silence.

And yet again you have no clue.. but I do seem to alienate some of you by trying to point out the direction of those who wear their religion on their sleeves and tell the world how righteous they are but fall so far short of showing who they are with deeds. It seems to be a common disease in the Party of Family Values who expect to legislate their morality on all Americans yet will not help those Americans who are the least among us.

They will know you by your deeds. Simple concept that some people can actually understand. I just find it interesting that such a large group of "Christians" has such disdain for the same people that the Lord tells them to help. So why no acts that would prove they are Christians... instead of falling into that other passage of following your false prophets leading you to.............................................................................................

Random thoughts from this thread:

1) Does smoking marijuana cause lung cancer, the same way that smoking tobacco does?

2) If so, and since cigarettes are bad because of cancer, then shouldn't marijuana also be bad for the same reason?

3) Are there people who are opposed to cigarettes, but who approve of marijuana? Would that be a logically defenseable position?

4) Can you get high off of second-hand smoke from marijuana?

5) When marijuana becomes legal and publicly accepted, will there be segregated areas in public buildings just for marijuana smokers, kind of like how some restaurants now have smoking areas?

6) Will the marijuana smokers have to be segregated from the cigarette smokers?

7) Will the government tax the shit out of marijuana? (I think we all know the correct answer to that one!) Obama's new cigarette tax proposal: http://money.cnn.com/2013/04/10/news/economy/cigarette-tax/

8) The government wants to tax an unhealthy product to discourage consumption, while at the same time using it as a source for tax money to do something good. Okay, but at some point you discourage consumption so much that you're reducing the revenue for the good programs that are funded by those taxes. So what then? Do you allow unhealthy smoking to continue for the sake of the money? Isn't that morally hypocritical?

9) Why should smokers be singled out to pay for early childhood education? Shouldn't the parents, or society as a whole pay for that?

Hmmm...

I now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

Boogers

Random thoughts from this thread:

1) Does smoking marijuana cause lung cancer, the same way that smoking tobacco does?

I'm told it is smoked in lower quantities and lower temperatures are involved so while it's still bad, it's less bad than cigarettes.

Source;
http://freakonomics.com/2014/04/17/whats-more-dangerous-marijuana-or-alcohol-a-new-freakonomics-radio-podcast/
quade -