quade

Cliven Bundy Syndrome

billvon

>So Reid lied and I didn't that simple

With conclusions like that you have a fine career ahead of you as either a politician or a FOX News journalist.

Your FDS is showing agian

BTW

Do you like CNN?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

With conclusions like that you have a fine career ahead of you as either a politician or a FOX News journalist.

Thanks I'll take both as a compliment, but I'm ready to retire so I guess I missed my calling.

Oh I spent pretty much all day at L.S.U. for my nephews graduation ceremony. After talking with many folks over there it seems as a country we really are more divided then ever before. Well possibly with the exception of the civil war.The good news is if liberals, conservatives and libertarians could have civil discourse at LSU there is hope for our great republic.

Ah CNN you know I remember when they came online. Back when they were actually a news agency. Back when Jessica McClure was trapped in the well, I watched CNN for hours and even as the hours turned into days. I cheered with the whole country when they finally rescued that little 18 month old child from the well. Used to love that station, not so much these days.

cloud9

Thanks I'll take both as a compliment, but I'm ready to retire so I guess I missed my calling.

Oh I spent pretty much all day at L.S.U. for my nephews graduation ceremony. After talking with many folks over there it seems as a country we really are more divided then ever before. Well possibly with the exception of the civil war.The good news is if liberals, conservatives and libertarians could have civil discourse at LSU there is hope for our great republic.

Personally I see lots of this form of discourse on page after page on Facebook and elsewhere..

http://www.msnbc.com/politicsnation/new-hampshire-police-official-calls-obama-n-word?cid=sm_facebook

And therin lies the problem. Do you think the Police Commissioner was playing the race card???

masterrig

Most states I know of have enacted laws restricting cattle from direct access to stream beds because of the damage they do.. not to mention the water quality issues after a herd of cattle shits and pisses in a small stream. I would think that in even drier portions of the country.. with that habitat even more rare that protection of a spring would be even more important. You and I both know what most water sources that are not protected look and smell like.

For example...
http://onpasture.com/2013/03/19/riparian-regulations-threaten-livestock-2/

You can't blame the agencies for trying to comply with the laws.. you CAN blame those who have continued to go on polluting a diminishing resource that in the not very distant future if you want water you can buy it from Nestle like everyone else.

Amazon

Most states I know of have enacted laws restricting cattle from direct access to stream beds because of the damage they do.. not to mention the water quality issues after a herd of cattle shits and pisses in a small stream. I would think that in even drier portions of the country.. with that habitat even more rare that protection of a spring would be even more important. You and I both know what most water sources that are not protected look and smell like.

For example...
http://onpasture.com/2013/03/19/riparian-regulations-threaten-livestock-2/

You can't blame the agencies for trying to comply with the laws.. you CAN blame those who have continued to go on polluting a diminishing resource that in the not very distant future if you want water you can buy it from Nestle like everyone else.

It seems to me, government agencies could make attempts at working with stock raisers and have an exchange of ideas first, rather than just taking drastic measures like they tend to do. Here in the Southwest, water is getting more and more scarce. This country likes to eat and a very large portion of our population likes to eat beef. The various government agencies just make it more and more difficult for stock raisers and make their own problems. If the government keeps it up, we'll wind-up putting farmers and ranchers out of business and we'll be dependent on other countries for our food as well as increasing the un-employment rate.

Chuck

Hi Chuck,

. . . government agencies could make attempts at working with stock raisers and have an exchange of ideas first . . .

Do you truly think that the BLM came out and tried to confiscate Bundy's cattle without just cause?

It is very simple IMO, Bundy failed/refused to pay the req'd fees for grazing. He lost in court, twice.

End of discussion.

He cheated every US citizen out of the money due them.

If you disagree with grazing fees, take it up with Ronald Reagan, his administration is the one that created them; along with a lot of other fees to be collected.

JerryBaumchen

JerryBaumchen

Hi Chuck,

. . . government agencies could make attempts at working with stock raisers and have an exchange of ideas first . . .

***Do you truly think that the BLM came out and tried to confiscate Bundy's cattle without just cause?***

My question is why did it take the BLM twenty years to confront him? Any landlord can take 30 - 90 days to evict a tenant.

It is very simple IMO, Bundy failed/refused to pay the req'd fees for grazing. He lost in court, twice.

End of discussion.

He cheated every US citizen out of the money due them.

How is it every U.S. citizen's money? Isn't it the BLM's money?

If you disagree with grazing fees, take it up with Ronald Reagan, his administration is the one that created them; along with a lot of other fees to be collected.***

I tried... he ain't talkin'!

JerryBaumchen

Chuck

masterrig

I'm trying to get the hang of it.

;) Happens to everyone including myself. All those nested quotes make it really difficult to follow along with who said what.

Generally I tend to break mine apart and try to not quote EVERYTHING which cuts down on clutter and makes things more clear.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

***I'm trying to get the hang of it.

;) Happens to everyone including myself. All those nested quotes make it really difficult to follow along with who said what.

Generally I tend to break mine apart and try to not quote EVERYTHING which cuts down on clutter and makes things more clear.

I'll try that. Thanks!

Chuck

I have no Idea what you're getting at to be honest. You found a racist, the citizens rightfully called for him to resign.

I don't think the commissioner was playing any card, it's the way he feels. He wasn't claiming anything for a cause or group it's his personal feelings.

http://home.myhughesnet.com/...er_rights_dispute-ap

Exactly this is the kind of thing causing the problems. The BLM is constantly changing the rules and often for idiotic reasons. Locking cattle out of the water is saving the water quality right? Give me a break, this water is used by Elk, Pronghorn and even Mule deer. So they locked out all the wild animals that need the water source way to go great management. So Deer, Elk and Antelope use the water source but a few cows are going to destroy it I don't think so. This is all about government control.

Do you truly think that the BLM came out and tried to confiscate Bundy's cattle without just cause?

Yes without a doubt.

End of discussion

I think there will be a lot more discussion before it's over.

If you disagree with grazing fees, take it up with Ronald Reagan

Poor Ronnie still fading heat. Grazing fees were started by the Taylor grazing act of 1934. This is when a bill introduced by Edward T. Taylor became law. Oh and just because you made it political Taylor was a democrat.

This is going to be hard to write in just a few lines.
Bundy paid grazing fees for years, with those fees came permits. The BLM starting limiting permits, kicking cattle off the land. This after ranchers paying fees for years and with permits erecting fences and other land improvements. Then using the endangered species act the government really went nuts. Now imagine you've paid your fees you've done the right thing and they put you out of business anyway. All in the name of a desert tortoise that you know is not endangered.

The endangered species act is one of the most abused (laws) in this country.

Just because it's law doesn't make it right. Court rulings are overturned all the time. Even the supreme court does't always agree with decisions of 5 to 4 in most cases.

cloud9

http://home.myhughesnet.com/...er_rights_dispute-ap

Exactly this is the kind of thing causing the problems. The BLM is constantly changing the rules and often for idiotic reasons. Locking cattle out of the water is saving the water quality right? Give me a break, this water is used by Elk, Pronghorn and even Mule deer. So they locked out all the wild animals that need the water source way to go great management. So Deer, Elk and Antelope use the water source but a few cows are going to destroy it I don't think so. This is all about government control.

I couldn't agree more with your last three posts. William Jennings Bryan said; 'Burn your towns and they will re-build. Burn your farms and your towns will be gone.'

Chuck

cloud9

Yes without a doubt.

***End of discussion

I think there will be a lot more discussion before it's over.

If you disagree with grazing fees, take it up with Ronald Reagan

Poor Ronnie still fading heat. Grazing fees were started by the Taylor grazing act of 1934. This is when a bill introduced by Edward T. Taylor became law. Oh and just because you made it political Taylor was a democrat.

Facts do matter.. and I know how much you guys hate executive orders...
BUT... well please read...

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/?pid=36873

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and laws of the United States of America, and in order to provide for establishment of appropriate fees for the grazing of domestic livestock on public rangelands, it is ordered as follows:

That was 1986...your welfare cowboy quit paying just a couple years later...

That was an executive order the law came from the Taylor grazing act of 1934.

The fact is all of the ranchers quit paying grazing fees all 53 of them. Just all the others folded up and went out of business. The problem and why they stopped paying grazing fees was because the government started reducing the amount of cattle on the permits. The ranchers couldn't stay in business. This after they had spent years building a business that was authorized by the government.

The old saying is true and government that gives you all you need has the power to take everything you have.

As for welfare cowboy now i find that funny. He would be the only welfare recipient the liberals ever didn't like.

Keep in mind the permits were being restricted because of a tortoise that wasn't even endangered.

You know go back some years and look at the same land. There were buffalo as far as the eye could see. There were elk and deer and antelope as well. The poor little desert tortoise had to make it with the big boys or die. Men killed off all the buffalo and now cattle range the same land, except there are no where near as many. But hey the government needs to step in and take care of the tortoise. They abuse the law all the time by claiming endangered species exist and then throw all the people off the land. It has to be stopped and I will stand to stop it.

cloud9

That was an executive order the law came from the Taylor grazing act of 1934.

The fact is all of the ranchers quit paying grazing fees all 53 of them. Just all the others folded up and went out of business. The problem and why they stopped paying grazing fees was because the government started reducing the amount of cattle on the permits. The ranchers couldn't stay in business. This after they had spent years building a business that was authorized by the government.

The old saying is true and government that gives you all you need has the power to take everything you have.

As for welfare cowboy now i find that funny. He would be the only welfare recipient the liberals ever didn't like.

Keep in mind the permits were being restricted because of a tortoise that wasn't even endangered.

You know go back some years and look at the same land. There were buffalo as far as the eye could see. There were elk and deer and antelope as well. The poor little desert tortoise had to make it with the big boys or die. Men killed off all the buffalo and now cattle range the same land, except there are no where near as many. But hey the government needs to step in and take care of the tortoise. They abuse the law all the time by claiming endangered species exist and then throw all the people off the land. It has to be stopped and I will stand to stop it.

Uh.. no... wrong side of the mountains for bison. The other species have not been found there since the end of the ice age. You have pockets of elk and mule deer in high elevation areas of NV, AZ and UT but you will be hard pressed to find antelope down in southern NV . You can find them in Northern NV and southern Oregon..but like Bison.. they were far more common on the plains.. not full blown rocky ass Mohave desert found around Mesquite. ( I have spent a bit of time down there...jumping camping, backpacking... hunting)

William Jennings Bryan said; 'Burn your towns and they will re-build. Burn your farms and your towns will be gone.'

Bryan also referred to creationism as "the plainest spiritual truth", and evolution as "the wildest guess advanced in the name of science". So you'll forgive me if I choose not to credit him as a presumed font of wisdom.