quade

Cliven Bundy Syndrome

Do you think you're addressing morons here?

Of course not, just people that don't like historical honesty. I did indeed cherry pick but they are indeed facts. Progressives have been changing history for years and years but the I.T. age is changing all of that.

The G.O.P. was actually started as an anti-slavery party. I guess liberals think that party has somehow now morphed into the democratic party?
In any case I digress and don't have another day to spend with you all in debate. It is interesting, fun and even educational but time consuming.

cloud9

The only way to fix that is to repeal it and start over.

And that would be fine, if those arguing the "Repeal and Replace" mantra had actually thought for even a second about the "replace" part. As of yet, no-one has come up with anything remotely credible and until they do, it's pretty clear what the real agenda is.
Never try to eat more than you can lift

The G.O.P. was actually started as an anti-slavery party. I guess liberals think that party has somehow now morphed into the democratic party?

I'll bet all of your parents' conservative GOP friends and neighbors in the 50's and 60's in the south held political rallies all the time, and were proud of being Republicans.

Unless, of course, they were all liberals (i.e. Democrats). Those appear to be the two choices.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

cloud9

there's no somehow about it. It's pretty basic "historical honesty" that the two party names flipped agendas in the 150 years since Lincoln.

The anti minority Democrats of the south now proudly wave the GOP flag.

It’s kind of amazing how much we assume and or take for granted in life isn’t it.

You see my mother ran off when I was 4 yrs. old and my father well he wasn’t really a father. So my two sisters went to live with my grandmother. She kept me for a few months but decided I was too much trouble. So I grew up in various foster homes. At age 17 I was attending high school while working for a pizza shop and staying in a friend’s gazebo his parents were unaware. It gets damn cold in N.J. in the winter (yes N.J.) so I knew I needed a change. I went to visit a recruiter, the Viet Nam war was still a problem and the Marines still needed men. So I dropped out of school and joined the Marines, best decision I ever made. I got a GED while in the Marine Corps and attended college when I got out. My first taste of anything political was when I came home from overseas and found all the protesters out there. I really couldn’t help but think what ungrateful little assholes they were. They grew up in the greatest country in the world, had a home, food, clothing and love all just given to them. They didn’t appreciate anything they had or what had been done for them. I still feel the same way about those kind of people. So now you know where my politics come from.

As for either or; Republican or Democrat, well we are a two party system like it or not. So if you want to have an active say in your elected officials then yes you need to align yourself with one or the other.

cloud9

There's no historical fact at all to this, just more liberal rhetoric. I live in the south, I pretty much have first hand knowledge.

I escaped from the south... where my family started arriving in 1628... I have first hand knowledge and bluedog former Democrats in the family who I watched do it first hand. I even go back to visit Americas version of the third world every couple years. One of those cousins at Thanksgiving was mouthing the oft used words "The South Shall Rise Again"

Not as long as the same idiocy grips the people who bow down to their masters and vote against changing but adhere to the "way its always been done" mentality.

cloud9

There's no historical fact at all to this, just more liberal rhetoric. I live in the south, I pretty much have first hand knowledge.

You clearly have misunderstood the post you've responded to, or maybe just pretending to. She's (much more concisely) making the same point I made in the posts linked in my post above: that the old racist, socially-conservative Dixiecrat wing of Southern Democrats began to switch over to GOP beginning in the late 1960s, and they and their ideological progeny are now firmly ensconced in the GOP. That's historical fact.

My first taste of anything political was when I came home from overseas and found all the protesters out there. I really couldn’t help but think what ungrateful little assholes they were. They grew up in the greatest country in the world, had a home, food, clothing and love all just given to them. They didn’t appreciate anything they had or what had been done for them. I still feel the same way about those kind of people.

While I appreciate the sacrifice you and your fellow servicemen made in Vietnam, our government shouldn't have sent you there in the first place. I'm your age, and not naive, and you'll never convince me that the US fighting the NVA and VC ever did one thing to make Americans safer in their beds. The protesters may have been naive about how good they had it at home, but they were right about the war.

>The majority don't want the majority of the law. The only way to fix that is to
>repeal it and start over. So with that said, it is the will of the people to get rid of
>the law and replace it with something that might actually help.

No, the will of the people is to NOT repeal the law.

CNN poll: 61% keep, 38% repeal
Kaiser poll: 59% keep/improve law, 29% repeal/replace law
Pew poll: 53% keep, 41% repeal

The will of the people is to keep parts of the law. Most don't understand that's all but impossible. The law needs to be repealed to actually get what the people want.

Or we could just continue to wait like Pelosi said "We have to pass the bill to find out what's in the bill" the law is still being written and no one as of yet knows what the regulations that are coming are going to be. But having the IRS involved can't be a good thing.

Guess were just going to have to disagree on what we have found to be historical fact. Where the history comes from often determines what the "facts are".

I find that most liberals hate the democratic past so they pretend it was someone else. Of course anytime one party wants to find blame it will always be the other party that did it.

Actually the republicans have come up with quite a few alternative ideas. They have even sent a bill to the senate. Harry Reid won't even bring it up for a vote. After all how could he claim the republicans are not doing anything if he actually showed they have a bill.

Then again Harry Reid stood on the senate floor and told lie after lie because he knows that speech on the senate floor is protected.

But we've come a long way from the Bundy situation haven't we. I guess I'll stop high jacking the thread, I really meant to keep it on topic.

>Then again Harry Reid stood on the senate floor and told lie after lie because he
>knows that speech on the senate floor is protected.

"But we are stuck with [the ACA] as law. Even though the majority of people don't want it. Nothing right about that nor should it be constitutional."

"it is the will of the people to get rid of the law and replace it with something that might actually help. "

"The majority don't want the majority of the law."

"The will of the people is to keep parts of the law."

I think you could give Harry Reid a run for his money.

Typical liberal response resort to name calling as if it changes the facts. To infer I'm a liar would be insulting if not coming from a liberal.
Harry Reid stood on the senate floor and said Mitt Romney paid no taxes for ten years. Here's a link if you would like to see it for yourself. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMChd6QchaU
That was just one of many bold face lies

cloud9

Guess were just going to have to disagree on what we have found to be historical fact. Where the history comes from often determines what the "facts are".

the problem is that you're trying to deny something that is well established both in popular history and in academic history. You can spend your entire life studying history or politics in a rigorous manner, even on topics that you personally may have strong feelings on.

Now your growing up in the South during the transformation years may give you some perspective, but it's not an argument by itself. You would need to support your argument with actual detail. For starters, you might explain the admitted actions of the GOP re: voter suppression tactics in Florida. Or show more racist Members of Congress in the other party these last 20 years. (or date to the Reagan revolution, when effectively the last of the old guard Democrats jumped across the aisle).

I find that most liberals hate the democratic past so they pretend it was someone else. Of course anytime one party wants to find blame it will always be the other party that did it.

I find it funny how many Republicans cling to Lincoln - that's history, not current events. In our two party system, each party is constantly trying to position itself along the political spectrum (yes, it's a bit primitive to call it a one dimensional line) to get as many centrist voters as possible while avoiding losing the outliers. There's not too much gained by dwelling on the distance past. Don't forget, but don't confuse yourself into thinking it means much about how the living Members now will act.

>Typical liberal response resort to name calling as if it changes the facts. To infer
>I'm a liar would be insulting if not coming from a liberal.

If you respond to quotes from YOUR OWN POSTINGS by saying "you are calling me a liar" - you might want to work on your own postings.

>Harry Reid stood on the senate floor and said Mitt Romney paid no taxes for ten years.

Yep. He's a politician.

"He didn't pay taxes for 10 years!"

"Now, do I know that that's true? Well, I'm not certain. But obviously he can't release those tax returns. How would it look?"

"I was told by an extremely credible source that Romney has not paid taxes for 10 years."

"Mitt Romney didn't pay all the tax he was supposed to pay over the last 10 years."

"There were some taxes which may or may not have been paid, but the point stands."

Or show more racist Members of Congress in the other party these last 20 years.

This is one of the biggest problems right here. Racist is used so often and for such ridiculous reasons it no longer bears much meaning to me at all. If I said I wanted to end welfare would I be a racist? Only if I were a republican, now people are even saying republicans are using code words. Like (and this would actually be funny if not so pathetic) welfare, Chicago, food stamps, and of course the list goes on.

Congressman Jim Clyburn actually said the whole english language is racist created by slave owners.

Congresswoman Marcia Fudge said “If the language is being used to criticize a black person then we must deem such language to be irreparably and irrevocably racist,”

So anyone that disagrees with their politics and actually has the audacity to say so is a racist. The word no longer means anything to me.

cloud9

So anyone that disagrees with their politics and actually has the audacity to say so is a racist. The word no longer means anything to me.

Sounds like a convenient way to stick to the safe ground of vague generalities and to avoid responding to any substantive counter. So you're really saying "save your time, I'm not listening."