Calvin19

"'Chilling' anti-Semitic leaflets handed out in eastern Ukraine, U.S. says"

normiss

Maybe it IS Nazi terrorists after all?

is a "Nazi terrorist" a:

1 - Nazi that happens to also be a terrorist? or;
2 - someone that terrorizes Nazis

it's pretty much completely different

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

rehmwa

***Maybe it IS Nazi terrorists after all?

is a "Nazi terrorist" a:

In this case the word Nazi modifies the word terrorist in the same way the word red modifies the word bicycle.

Look at the Nazi terrorist ride the red bicycle while handing out anti-Semitic leaflets.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

******Maybe it IS Nazi terrorists after all?

is a "Nazi terrorist" a:

In this case the word Nazi modifies the word terrorist in the same way the word red modifies the word bicycle.

Look at the Nazi terrorist ride the red bicycle while handing out anti-Semitic leaflets.

It seems to me when ever a Ruski... wants to find the worst boogieman possible.. their default is to use the Nazi's....
It became part of their national psychosis much like some groups here tend to have mental fits if they even believe there might be a commie under a rock somewhere within the Continental US.

RT and Pravda have been using the Nazi moniker to label the Ukranians now for a while... to justify the retaking of large portions of that country for Mother Russia.
I would not be horribly surprised to find Comrade Putins ties to his former job in the Ministry of Disinformation of the KGB

quade

Well, maybe, but Neo-Nazis really do exist in the world and I have no doubt whatsoever there are pockets of asshats in every European country.

Oh without a doubt.

There is even a basis in fact since so many Ukranians did serve in units of the Wehrmact in WWII.

It was the old "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" after the treatment they recieved from the Soviets earlier in the century with millions dead at the hands of Stalin.

Enter Russian guy any minute now with "official" Russian propagandato justify Putins excellent adventure

Amazon

It seems to me when ever a Ruski... wants to find the worst boogieman possible.. their default is to use the Nazi's....

To be fair, the US does the same with Al-Quaeda and they only killed about 3000 people on Sept 11.
The Nazis did kill in excess of 25 million Russians so a bit of legacy is understandable, no? [:/]

25 million. That number still boggles my mind.

quade

Well, maybe, but Neo-Nazis really do exist in the world and I have no doubt whatsoever there are pockets of asshats in every European country.

yes, usually working as waiters?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

quade

now that's both informative and entertaining

+1...

BTW, when the Russians took Berlin (...just Berlin), they lost 5,000+ men per day for over a month. Our military commanders were shocked and appalled. WWII was simply staggering in scale and devastation. Few people are left that fully appreciate its magnitude.
We are all engines of karma

yoink

To be fair, the US does the same with Al-Quaeda and they only killed about 3000 people on Sept 11.
The Nazis did kill in excess of 25 million Russians so a bit of legacy is understandable, no? [:/]

But keep in mind that excluding the deaths attributable to the Germans, Stalin killed at least that many of his own off himself, and perhaps 2 or 3 times as much.

So he would be a better bogeyman.

kelpdiver

But keep in mind that excluding the deaths attributable to the Germans, Stalin killed at least that many of his own off himself, and perhaps 2 or 3 times as much.

So he would be a better bogeyman.

But he is the Hero of the Great Patriotic War..