Stumpy

Next one of the Christian values under threat!

devildog

Shellfish have been legal since the NT. Thanks for playing.

Ah so some of the bible is right and some is wrong? If you are going down that route, you better not let the women in your family wear pants or speak in church.
Never try to eat more than you can lift

>Ah so some of the bible is right and some is wrong? If you are going down that
>route, you better not let the women in your family wear pants or speak in church.

?? Most Christians assume some of the Bible is right and some of it is wrong. That's why they ARE ok with (for example) women speaking in church.

billvon

>Ah so some of the bible is right and some is wrong? If you are going down that
>route, you better not let the women in your family wear pants or speak in church.

?? Most Christians assume some of the Bible is right and some of it is wrong. That's why they ARE ok with (for example) women speaking in church.

Agreed - however those two things are forbidden in the new testament. Like homosexuality. The other poster seemed to be implying that the NT was correct, but not the OT.
Never try to eat more than you can lift

Stumpy

***>Ah so some of the bible is right and some is wrong? If you are going down that

Agreed - however those two things are forbidden in the new testament. Like homosexuality. The other poster seemed to be implying that the NT was correct, but not the OT.

Not everyone follows the King James Version of the New Testament.

It also seems most of the American Taliban want to pick and choose their Levitican laws to follow or not follow or browbeat people with.

I was going to jump on this one. Then I read down the responses and decided it is not worth the effort.

If you major on the minors you end up with minuscule conclusions.

The only major point of the Bible is the gospel. Jesus Christ is the Son of God and of man. He died on the cross to pay for your sin, separation from God. He was resurrected and remains as the path for you to have a relationship with God.

Accept His gift or not, your choice.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

I was going to jump on this one. Then I read down the responses and decided it is not worth the effort.

If you major on the minors you end up with minuscule conclusions.

The only major point of the Bible is the gospel. Jesus Christ is the Son of God and of man. He died on the cross to pay for your sin, separation from God. He was resurrected and remains as the path for you to have a relationship with God.

Accept His gift or not, your choice.

I wonder if his wife accepted his gifts...

>The other poster seemed to be implying that the NT was correct, but not the OT.

That's logically impossible, since the New Testament clearly states that the Old Testament is still in force and always will be. So you'd, at minimum, have to disregard at least Matthew 5:18 if you reject Old Testament laws.

However most people take what they want from the Bible. Very few people take either book as a rulebook, a science book or a history book.

billvon

>The other poster seemed to be implying that the NT was correct, but not the OT.

That's logically impossible, since the New Testament clearly states that the Old Testament is still in force and always will be. So you'd, at minimum, have to disregard at least Matthew 5:18 if you reject Old Testament laws.

However most people take what they want from the Bible. Very few people take either book as a rulebook, a science book or a history book.

Well there is that whole begattin thang goin on....

billvon

"9For we know in part and we prophesy in part; 10but when the perfect comes, the partial will be done away. 11When I was a child, I used to speak like a child, think like a child, reason like a child; when I became a man, I did away with childish things"

Not all things are for all times. Most serious scholars of the Bible recognize the Dispensational relevance of certain Truths for certain times and not for others.

maadmax

***>The other poster seemed to be implying that the NT was correct, but not the OT.

"9For we know in part and we prophesy in part; 10but when the perfect comes, the partial will be done away. 11When I was a child, I used to speak like a child, think like a child, reason like a child; when I became a man, I did away with childish things"

Not all things are for all times. Most serious scholars of the Bible recognize the Dispensational relevance of certain Truths for certain times and not for others.

AKA Cherry picking the parts that are convenient to believe and the parts that are convenient to ignore.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

>Not all things are for all times. Most serious scholars of the Bible recognize the
>Dispensational relevance of certain Truths for certain times and not for others.

Definitely! It's wise (IMO) to not take the Bible as 100% authoritative.

kallend

******>The other poster seemed to be implying that the NT was correct, but not the OT.

AKA Cherry picking the parts that are convenient to believe and the parts that are convenient to ignore.

The Bible is a living word. It applies to different people in different ways at different times. When you have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, which is received when you are born again, He guides you in your personal understanding for that time. It is called walking in the Spirit. He provides freedom that is not available to those who lack a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

Religion is a man sitting in church thinking about fishing. Relationship is a man fishing thinking about God.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

*********>The other poster seemed to be implying that the NT was correct, but not the OT.

The Bible is a living word. It applies to different people in different ways at different times. When you have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, which is received when you are born again, He guides you in your personal understanding for that time. It is called walking in the Spirit. He provides freedom that is not available to those who lack a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

Religion is a man sitting in church thinking about fishing. Relationship is a man fishing thinking about God.

QED.

Just a lame excuse for cherry picking.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Just a lame excuse for cherry picking.

Actually, your response is a tragic minimization of the most important Truth you will encounter in this lifetime. There is "Cherry Picking" and then there is rightly interpreting the Word of God.