Boogers

The "Evil" Koch Family

Charles Koch: I'm Fighting to Restore a Free Society
Instead of welcoming free debate, collectivists engage in character assassination.

"I have devoted most of my life to understanding the principles that enable people to improve their lives. It is those principles—the principles of a free society—that have shaped my life, my family, our company and America itself. Unfortunately, the fundamental concepts of dignity, respect, equality before the law and personal freedom are under attack by the nation's own government..."

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702303978304579475860515021286?mod=hp_opinion&mg=reno64-wsj&url=http%3A%2F%2Fonline.wsj.com%2Farticle%2FSB10001424052702303978304579475860515021286.html%3Fmod%3Dhp_opinion

Andy9o8

The Koch bros & the WSJ- guaranteed to champion the cause of the common man. You must be a millionaire if you think they're on your side, big guy.

Here's a hint- they get suckers to do their p.r for them.

Yes
Just like Obama and the dems do
Same for the Repulicans
Your point?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Boogers

Charles Koch: I'm Fighting to Restore a Free Society
Instead of welcoming free debate, collectivists engage in character assassination.

"I have devoted most of my life to understanding the principles that enable people to improve their lives. It is those principles—the principles of a free society—that have shaped my life, my family, our company and America itself. Unfortunately, the fundamental concepts of dignity, respect, equality before the law and personal freedom are under attack by the nation's own government..."

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702303978304579475860515021286?mod=hp_opinion&mg=reno64-wsj&url=http%3A%2F%2Fonline.wsj.com%2Farticle%2FSB10001424052702303978304579475860515021286.html%3Fmod%3Dhp_opinion

Have you ever done a search for the environmental chuster-fuck these freedom loving guys have perpetrated where ever any Koch Brothers company or affiliated company is doing business???

BILLIONS in fines to Koch Industries with many more to come. And yet the people having to drink the water and breathe the air who are getting all kinds of interesting cancers.. are usually too friggin stooopid to realize how these people have screwed them..... Murica

The Kochs are the new bogeymen. I myself take great issue when the members of government publically take positions against individuals outside of court.

How bad is the hatred of the Kochs? They donate $100 million to a hospital. And the lefties and unions erupted in protest against it. This was just last month.

This isn't a joke or parody from the Onion. This is straight from the "you can't make this up" department. Sure, the $100 million donation will save lives, improve access to health care and provide some nice union jobs for nurses and staffers. What could be wrong with that?

Turns out there is plenty wrong with it. Because one of the Koch brothers did the donating. In the present politic of personal destruction of those with whom people disagree, assholes will protest $100 million donations to hospitals. I'm talking organized, inter-entity protests. Planned out and coordinated. I think even local politicians were ther decrying it.

This is what happens when people are first and foremost party hacks. And when a person is roundly pointed out as evil and terrible and horrible. So what if medical treatment will be more accessible? That is unacceptable if a Koch is doing it.

The ridiculousness and misanthropy is as saddening as it is shocking. But it's where we are.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

lawrocket

The Kochs are the new bogeymen. I myself take great issue when the members of government publically take positions against individuals outside of court.

How bad is the hatred of the Kochs? They donate $100 million to a hospital. And the lefties and unions erupted in protest against it. This was just last month.

This isn't a joke or parody from the Onion. This is straight from the "you can't make this up" department. Sure, the $100 million donation will save lives, improve access to health care and provide some nice union jobs for nurses and staffers. What could be wrong with that?

Turns out there is plenty wrong with it. Because one of the Koch brothers did the donating. In the present politic of personal destruction of those with whom people disagree, assholes will protest $100 million donations to hospitals. I'm talking organized, inter-entity protests. Planned out and coordinated. I think even local politicians were ther decrying it.

This is what happens when people are first and foremost party hacks. And when a person is roundly pointed out as evil and terrible and horrible. So what if medical treatment will be more accessible? That is unacceptable if a Koch is doing it.

The ridiculousness and misanthropy is as saddening as it is shocking. But it's where we are.

In the KNOW YOUR OLIGARCHS world.. they are infamous for "what I am getting for my money".
The donate to PBS.... cool.. BUT it allowed them to prevent some free speech to be quashed when it came time for the documentary "Citizen Koch" to air and it never did.
What are they buying with their donations.. do you ever ask that or do you care??

lawrocket

when you tire of making reasonable, moderate comments, you will be missed.

by the way, I heard the Koch brothers are behind the chemtrails and orbital mind control lasers.
"The point is, I'm weird, but I never felt weird."
John Frusciante

lawrocket

I myself take great issue when the members of government publically take positions against individuals outside of court.

Why? And if so, who can they make directed statements about? Just other Members of Congress and the White House? The Koch brothers are deeply involved in the political machines - I can't think of any reason why they warrant a hands off policy, just as Donald Trump can say and spend as he wants, and government figures are free to reply. And then we have Mr. Rove.

the line is when they effect change in policy or process for personal beliefs, including credible threats to deny zoning sans review, or to send in the IRS on a rabbit hunt, etc.

So you, too, object to giving $100 million to a hospital. Why? Because the Koch brothers gave the money. They may have demands on how the money is used. "The Koch brothers want the hospital to use $100 million? How dare they decide to give it to a hospital!"

I get the feeling that vaccinations would drop even more if someone were to put out word that the Koch brothers were involved in the manufacture of one or more of them. "The Koch brothers produced the exipients for MMR vaccines? No child of mine will get that! Only Koch-free medications will go into my children."

lawrocket

So you, too, object to giving $100 million to a hospital. Why? Because the Koch brothers gave the money. They may have demands on how the money is used. "The Koch brothers want the hospital to use $100 million? How dare they decide to give it to a hospital!"

I get the feeling that vaccinations would drop even more if someone were to put out word that the Koch brothers were involved in the manufacture of one or more of them. "The Koch brothers produced the exipients for MMR vaccines? No child of mine will get that! Only Koch-free medications will go into my children."

I am basing it on their track record which you seem to feel is irrelevant.

One good deed "with strings" balances out all the harm they have done to the people of this country???

Ok.. good to know.

I object because we have a history of the government using extrajudicial processes to destroy people's lives from the privileged floors of the House and the Senate. Recall the "blacklisting" done by the HUAC and McCarthy. Find an enemy and destroy it. And anyone who speaks against it is an enemy sympathizer. Destroy them.

The Kochs are involved. Reid - get the fuck off the Senate floor and say those things. He won't. Because he can say whatever he wants on the Senate floor without fear of legal reprisal.

Politicians who do this seek an de facto bill of attainder. They do so so under the Dome of the Capitol. They do so under the cloak of the government. And do so against non-governmental private citizens.

Private citizens? Speak away. Government officials overtly targeting private citizens for participating and offering a competing voice? I'd have the same problem if McConnell did the same thing with Soros.

lawrocket

I object because we have a history of the government using extrajudicial processes to destroy people's lives from the privileged floors of the House and the Senate. Recall the "blacklisting" done by the HUAC and McCarthy.

Yes, you're obviously right. The Koch brothers will never be allowed to work again. How will they ever manage on the billions they only have left?

It's obviously the same thing.

Obviously.

BTW, how is that high is that horse of yours?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

lawrocket

The Kochs are involved. Reid - get the fuck off the Senate floor and say those things. He won't. Because he can say whatever he wants on the Senate floor without fear of legal reprisal.

I don't see a Reid remark cited here, and it wasn't in the self indulgent editorial in the original article listed.

But Reid can say "Kochs are Cocks" outside Congress without legal reprisals as well. Trump and Birthers have been attacking Obama with false statements since 2008 without reprisals, as an example.

One good act? Take a look at their other activities and donations to hospitals, Lincoln center, etc. They've been doing this kind of thing for a long time. Only now, people hate them so they get protested.

And here's the point - they do a good act and face this? They are actually being protested BECAUSE they did a good thing. You seriously hate that a good thing was done because it's the Koch brothers that did it.

This is what the left is about. Do a good thing, they'll hammer you. Do ten good things and they'll hate you even more. So long as there isn't a "D" party identifier. Do a bad thing but have a "D" next to the name? Hate on the people for snitching.

Ps - Republicans do the same thing. A sure sign of being a party lackey is to avoid appreciation of the act and hate on the person. I.e., war was great when Bush was waging it. Obama starting wars is bad. Or, war sucked when Bush did it, but Obama makes it oh so awesome.

lawrocket

One good act? Take a look at their other activities and donations to hospitals, Lincoln center, etc. They've been doing this kind of thing for a long time.

Godwin alert!

I am told that Hitler was very kind to dogs.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

quade

***I object because we have a history of the government using extrajudicial processes to destroy people's lives from the privileged floors of the House and the Senate. Recall the "blacklisting" done by the HUAC and McCarthy.

Yes, you're obviously right. The Koch brothers will never be allowed to work again. How will they ever manage on the billions they only have left?

It's obviously the same thing.

Obviously.

BTW, how is that high is that horse of yours?

There it is. Again. It's not "what is the government official doing" it is, "Whom is the the government official attacking?"

Under your thinking, if it's a person that you think should be able to handle it, then no problem. If it is someone whom you think won't be able to handle it, then you'll object.

The typical viewpoint that some people don't deserve rights. The one who doesn't want a nation of rules but a nation where we pick and choose who we agree with getting fucked over and who we don't.

"So the Senate Majority leader is taking the floor and talking shit about X." If your opinion on the subject depends on the identity of "x," then you are prima facie arbitrary.

It's the act. Not on whom the act is done. Not the actor. It's the act.

>Unfortunately, the fundamental concepts of dignity, respect, equality before the
>law and personal freedom are under attack by the nation's own government...

A friend of mine got a very similar speech from a selfless, brilliant investor struggling to enable people to improve their lives. But nowadays Bernie Madoff isn't being taken very seriously, either.

lawrocket

It's the act. Not on whom the act is done. Not the actor. It's the act.

IMO, the ACT of using $millions to sway an election in your favor is subverting the very idea of democracy.

The concept that a corporation is a person is subverting the very idea of democracy.

The Roberts Doctrine is, IMO, totally contrary to the principles that the USA is supposed to represent.

We very clearly are in the era of government of the people, by the wealthy, for the very wealthy.

And the evidence of this is as clear as the nose on your face

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

lawrocket

One good act? Take a look at their other activities and donations to hospitals, Lincoln center, etc. They've been doing this kind of thing for a long time. Only now, people hate them so they get protested.

And here's the point - they do a good act and face this? They are actually being protested BECAUSE they did a good thing. You seriously hate that a good thing was done because it's the Koch brothers that did it.

This is what the left is about. Do a good thing, they'll hammer you. Do ten good things and they'll hate you even more. So long as there isn't a "D" party identifier. Do a bad thing but have a "D" next to the name? Hate on the people for snitching.

Ps - Republicans do the same thing. A sure sign of being a party lackey is to avoid appreciation of the act and hate on the person. I.e., war was great when Bush was waging it. Obama starting wars is bad. Or, war sucked when Bush did it, but Obama makes it oh so awesome.

So scum bag guy with Cancer funds a very expensive center that could save his own life. To make sure people KNOW who donated.. he puts the strings on it to have it named after him. OH and you do know where its placement is.. a new facility for New York Presbyterian Hospital.. on the Upper East Side... If memory serves.. this beneficence directly impacts a solidly 1% neighborhood.. Yup.. great Philanthropy.. for the rich by the very rich... Kinda like that Lincoln Center kind of Philanthropy.... Entertaining your friends... :S:S My definition of helping others tends to less self serving goals.

Iago

So what !?!?

Let them have their egomania. Its $100 Million that is going to help a whole lot of people.

And last i checked hospitals weren't class oriented.

Did I mention I work in hospitals, BTW?

Its an outpatient facility... so no ER where the wonderful habit of means testing occurs in the ambulance... ever hear of that???

One group of people are transported to one hospital....

Other groups of people are transported to other more "affordable" facilities based on their "class orientation"

[Reply]IMO, the ACT of using $millions to sway an election in your favor is subverting the very idea of democracy.

Labor unions have been doing it for ages. Hundreds of millions in the last twenty years. Candidates have been doing it for ages. Soft money and hard money. Etc. The concepts predate Roberts.

[Reply]The concept that a corporation is a person is subverting the very idea of democracy.

If corporations had the right to vote, I would agree with you. They don't, so I disagree.

[Reply]The Roberts Doctrine is, IMO, totally contrary to the principles that the USA is supposed to represent.

I disagree. I see your reasoning. But disagree. I think the first Amendment is a core concept. The dissent recognizes it, but thinks the interests were adequately balanced.

The First Amednment is implicated. Whether liking it or not, it is what it is.

[Reply]We very clearly are in the era of government of the people, by the wealthy, for the very wealthy.

Agreed. We have been in that era for a while. Kinda demonstrating that the restrictions on the first Amendment aren't working. Who knows? Perhaps these restrictions have been contributory.

But I like your response on this. Reasonable minds can differ.