BartsDaddy

Another upstanding senator.

BartsDaddy

California's senator Leeland Lee that has authered many anti gun bills. Was arrested today on amongst other charges conspiracy to sell firearms. Hypocrite.

Gotta love those liberal gun banners!:S

SAN FRANCISCO -- State Sen. Leland Yee, one of the most powerful Democratic politicians in California, was arrested Wednesday morning in a major series of federal raids in the Bay Area targeting corruption and gang activity, CBS San Francisco reported.

Federal agents arrested Lee at his home in San Francisco Wednesday morning and drove him to the federal courthouse while his offices in Sacramento were raided as well.

An FBI affidavit in support of a criminal complaint against Yee and 25 other people reveals the lawmaker is accused of conspiracy to deal firearms and wire fraud.

Yee performed "official acts" in exchange for donations from undercover FBI agents, as he sought to dig himself out of a $70,000 debt incurred during a failed San Francisco mayoral bid, according to court documents.

Yee is also accused of accepting $10,000 in January 2013 from an undercover agent in exchange for his making a call to the California Department of Public Health in support of a contract under consideration with the agency.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Shrimp Boy, with whom Lee is linked, got pinched, as well. His accolades come from the usual laundry list of NorCal liberal elites. Feinstein dug him. So did Gavin Newsome.

Apparently his prior prison time for gun running taught him a lesson. You can't be truly successful until you paint a stellar image of yourself with bleeding hearts, and then use their underworld contacts and government influence to make the real sales.

Welcome to government. Where anti-gay republicans suck dicks in bathrooms and anti-gun Democrats run guns in places that it's double secret illegal.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

BartsDaddy

California's senator Leeland Lee that has authered many anti gun bills. Was arrested today on amongst other charges conspiracy to sell firearms. Hypocrite.

State Senator, not Senator. (Like in The Office) So while a whole bunch of us in San Francisco said "good riddance," it really isn't a national event.

It, however, does put at risk the Democrats' 2/3rd majority in the state Senate which was already looking iffy come the election.

kelpdiver

***California's senator Leeland Lee that has authered many anti gun bills. Was arrested today on amongst other charges conspiracy to sell firearms. Hypocrite.

State Senator, not Senator. (Like in The Office) So while a whole bunch of us in San Francisco said "good riddance," it really isn't a national event.

It, however, does put at risk the Democrats' 2/3rd majority in the state Senate which was already looking iffy come the election.

SA _ WEET!
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

turtlespeed

SAN FRANCISCO -- State Sen. Leland Yee, one of the most powerful Democratic politicians in California, was arrested Wednesday morning in a major series of federal raids in the Bay Area targeting corruption and gang activity, CBS San Francisco reported.

He should have stuck to shoplifting. While not good at that either (he was arrested) the potential punishment for getting caught is lower.

DrewEckhardt

He should have stuck to shop lifting. While not good at that either (he was arrested) the potential punishment for getting caught is lower.

He should have stuck to his liberal values . . . Oh . . . wait . . . He DID!

DrewEckhardt

He should have stuck to shop lifting. While not good at that either (he was arrested) the potential punishment for getting caught is lower.

Lets not forget he was pulled over twice for trolling for hookers in SF also. Hate that D-Bag with a passion.

jtiflyer

Lets not forget he was pulled over twice for trolling for hookers in SF also. Hate that D-Bag with a passion.

I can relate to that type of hatred for a politician.

jclalor

The worst accusation is that he traded arms to Filipino Islamasist, this alone, if convicted, should put him behind bars for life.

And yet you and your fellow Liberal Democrats believe the government is chugging along with no problem. Just keep the free benefits coming.:S
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

***The worst accusation is that he traded arms to Filipino Islamasist, this alone, if convicted, should put him behind bars for life.

And yet you and your fellow Liberal Democrats believe the government is chugging along with no problem. Just keep the free benefits coming.:S

When someone from my party turns out to be scum, I'll say so.

But this whole thing doesn't line up with your party line on the corrupt Obama Justice department does it?

jtiflyer

I don't know who all here is from CA but those who are, givin the laundry list (just posted here) how did this guy keep getting elected???
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

jclalor

******The worst accusation is that he traded arms to Filipino Islamasist, this alone, if convicted, should put him behind bars for life.

When someone from my party turns out to be scum, I'll say so.

But this whole thing doesn't line up with your party line on the corrupt Obama Justice department does it?

Ok
Again
How did this guy keep getting elected???

And the DoJ today is a political joke
I am afraid that may be the case for decades to come
One thing is for sure
When the other party gets elected they need to throw them ALL out and start over as soon as the case load alows

New Black Panthers anyone?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I don't know who all here is from CA but those who are, givin the laundry list (just posted here) how did this guy keep getting elected???

Well...in the interset of full disclosure, my birth certificate says Virginia but I grew up in California and lived there for 40 years before moving back to Virginia.

The comedian Robin William's said of San Francisico, "San Francisco is proof positive that God still plays with an Etch-A-Sketch."

At the risk of treading into blasphemous territory...there's a ring of truth to what Robin Williams said, if only in jest.

I left in '98, glad I did. The whole State is now one big insane asylum. Instead of building a fence along the California-Mexico border, they need to build the fence along the borders of Nevada, Oregon and Arizona. Too many Californians are coming East to Virginia and bringing their looney politics with em' and screwing Virginia up.

And yet you and your fellow Liberal Democrats believe the government is chugging along with no problem. Just keep the free benefits coming.

What on Earth does this asshole running guns and taking bribes have to do with State benefits?

- Dan G

DanG

And yet you and your fellow Liberal Democrats believe the government is chugging along with no problem. Just keep the free benefits coming.

What on Earth does this asshole running guns and taking bribes have to do with State benefits?

Obama is a muslim.

givin the laundry list (just posted here) how did this guy keep getting elected???

He had a "D" next to his name. IN SF, that's the biggest hurdle to clear.

He's not even the first THIS YEAR to be pinched for corruption. ROn Calderon (another State Senator) took that honor. Roderick Wright just got convicted (another state senator).

Just in the first three months of the year it's 3 Democrat state senators. Expect the GOP to want to make hay with this. And expect it to not matter.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

rushmc

Marc, I'm not from CA, but I can answer that, because the answer really applies pretty much in every US state.

State senators generally don't have a state-wide constituency, they have a local constituency: their resepective state senatorial district. And, as the saying goes, "all politics is local". In most states, state Senators with any degree of longevity tend to accumulate a tremendous amount of local power and influence, and that usually translates into a lot of power and influence as a mover & shaker in the state legislature. That, in turn, translates into a lot of votes from voters who want someone powerful in their corner, no matter what the cost.

Leland Yee has been active in SF-Bay area politics since 1996, and has been in the state Senate since 2003. Locally-powerful politicians, of either party, consolidate their power like local Lords of the Castle, by amassing money, doing favors, punishing enemies and, importantly, consituent services to the voting public. Yee has steadily consolidated his power and influence in his local region, and that translates into a tremendous amount of LOYALTY from a reliable cadre of local voters. And that, in large part, is generally why and how corrupt and execrable politicians keep getting elected, even after their layers of scum are publicly displayed in the harsh light of day.

There will be a quiz on this next week.