Andy9o8

What would Jesus do... in Virginia?

Andy9o8

***>Dang! She looks like a girl to me.

Jesus doesn't think so.

Jesus looked like a girl. Or at least, kinda girlie.

I never thought you two met.

What was he wearing?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

SkyDekker

What was he wearing?

I guess all the depictions of him are wrong, but all the stories as written in the bible are true.

Bit of a logical stretch.

Stop bringing logic into this - you know "logic" and "religion" are mutually exclusive.
Never try to eat more than you can lift

SkyDekker

What was he wearing?

I guess all the depictions of him are wrong, but all the stories as written in the bible are true.

Bit of a logical stretch.

So then....Since all the depictions of Him are wrong, all the stories written in the Bible are false?

http://www.propagandacritic.com/images/logic.jpg

Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Sadly, all I can say as a (Catholic) Christian is that the actions of this school represent a perversion in the name of Christianity. This school and the "christian" faith it purports to follow is nothing more than senseless leglism tantamount to the "zero tolerance" we see in the public schools and in both cases, common sense gets thrown under the bus.

That is easy, He would call the religious white washed tomb stones full of dead mens bones, He would say let the blind continue leading those blind men who follow after them, He would say let those without sin cast the first stones, and He would say Deny yourself, pickup your cross and follow Me !! For I have come so that you can know the TRUTH and have the TRUTH set you free!!!!

Andy9o8

Here's a hint- the focus of the OP is what He would have done. Opine on that and the thread is on track.

Hint - The focus of the OP was not qualified as an "on topic" thread, thus leaving it vulnerable to legalized thread drift pursuant to the implications set forth in Sticky #3:P

Besides, the question was rhetorical...Personally I find the whole WWJD thing to be a meaningless cliche. Why can't we just focus on the recordings of what He actually did rather than creating stupid opinions of what he might do in a particular situation? There is already enough convoluted picky/choosy interpretations without the added distraction of hypotheticals.

If you want my opinion, then this case has more to do with her behavior rather than how she looks. The school was already aware of her perceived masculinity/short hair yet they still accepted her and apparently were tolerant of her "dress" for a period of time leading up to some unexplained event(s). Her grandmother stated that she likes to play "rough and tough" (whatever that means) Perhaps she's a bully? We don't know, because there is still more to the story that the school can't disclose and that the grandmother refused to include in her viral attack.

Now I'm not necessarily letting the school off the hook...If their beef had to do with behavioral problems, then they should've limit their complaint to that issue alone rather then adding some personal "customary" preference jabs toward an 8-year-old girl as if that somehow supports their argument...

billvon

>So then....Since all the depictions of Him are wrong, all the stories written in the
>Bible are false?

I don't think either one is true.

I might agree with you...if you find time, could you provide a depiction of what you think Jesus might've looked like?

My idea is that aside from his transfiguration, he wasn't physically impressive....
(sorry, I know...leading the the witness)

>could you provide a depiction of what you think Jesus might've looked like?

A lot like the other Galilean Jews who lived during that time. Short, swarthy, dark complexion, short hair, dark eyes. (The kind of guy who would likely be profiled by the TSA, for example.)

>My idea is that aside from his transfiguration, he wasn't physically impressive....

Agreed, and most accounts of him in the Bible support this. He was unremarkable; he is depicted as being able to blend away into a crowd, and soldiers needed someone to identify him before they could arrest him.

I don't care what religion they are anyone writing such a letter is clearly a bigoted sack job. The sooner that little girl can move to a community that lives in this century the better. Sounds like the christian Taliban.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

normiss

"He would say let those without sin cast the first stones"

That is the funniest "quote" here.

Not sure why that is so funny...Do you view hypocrisy as a desirable virtue?

normiss

You should research the origins of how that was put in the book of fables.

Most bibles note that John 7:53 -8:11 is not found in the earliest manuscripts, but thanks for your substantial input as usual.

normiss

"He would say let those without sin cast the first stones"

That is the funniest "quote" here.
You should research the origins of how that was put in the book of fables.

I know, but I still like it. It sounds like something He probably would or did say. Even so I can certainly make direct application to my life.

I'm sorry you feel that way, but I'm not sure what "religious attacks" you're talking about.

I can assure you that I'm here to play nice and provoke meaningful debate and conversation.

But anyway thanks for clarifying what you meant with regard to the verses in question...

Nice to see you...hope you're doing well.

normiss

It was called the King James version for a reason.
:P

To get this thread back on track, I'd like to challenge you to provide a source to your argument about King James.

Though the quotes in john about the adulteress are not found in the earliest manuscripts, they are certainly found in manuscripts written over 1000 years before King James and approximately 1600 years after Lebron....