rickjump1

Gay activists have met their match with Muslim barbers

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/11/16/gay-activists-have-met-their-match-with-muslim-barbers
"Omar Mahrouk is the owner of the Terminal Barber Shop in Toronto. He follows Shariah law, so he thinks women have cooties. As Mahrouk and the other barbers there say, they don’t believe in touching women other than their own wives."

How could this happen in that bed of tolerance to the North? The author thinks that the gay community will loose in the end. Who knows, maybe Omar didn't know she was gay in the first place, but he still refused the haircut.
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

DanG

Hmm, so there is no difference between Muslims and Republicans in Arizona, they're both ignorant and backwards. Refreshing to hear that from you.

I think that's a fine description of John McCain, Senator from Arizona, but then again, he's closer to being a Democrat. Oh, he can switch sides in a heartbeat on anything.

kelpdiver

This isn't so much about gays as it is about refusing to give a woman a hair cut due to religious silliness. So long as that form of gender 'discrimination' is still legal, so will this.

Just wait until activists from both sides turn this into a real dog-eat-dog fight. Then we will find out just how tolerant those "tolerant" Canadians are.

>I think that's a fine description of John McCain, Senator from Arizona, but then
>again, he's closer to being a Democrat. Oh, he can switch sides in a heartbeat on
>anything.

Top Signs you are as far to the right as possible:

-You thought the Iraq War was perfectly justified until January 20, 2009 - then it became a mismanaged quagmire.
-You think Benghazi was a crippling national tragedy caused by criminal mismanagement by our leaders, but 9/11 was an unavoidable incident that brought people together.
-You think Michelle Bachmann is a reasonable moderate with a few conservative ideas.
-You think John McCain is a democrat.

The author thinks that the gay community will loose in the end.

I'm sorry, are you trying to say that Gays are loose in the end or will lose in the end. I hope you understand the confusion.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

DJL

The author thinks that the gay community will loose in the end.

I'm sorry, are you trying to say that Gays are loose in the end or will lose in the end. I hope you understand the confusion.

I think the author thinks that's the Muslims will win in the "behind".

billvon

>I think that's a fine description of John McCain, Senator from Arizona, but then
>again, he's closer to being a Democrat. Oh, he can switch sides in a heartbeat on
>anything.

Top Signs you are as far to the right as possible:

-You thought the Iraq War was perfectly justified until January 20, 2009 - then it became a mismanaged quagmire.
-You think Benghazi was a crippling national tragedy caused by criminal mismanagement by our leaders, but 9/11 was an unavoidable incident that brought people together.
-You think Michelle Bachmann is a reasonable moderate with a few conservative ideas.
-You think John McCain is a democrat.

No, I think you drove to Colorado for the weekend and cannot handle the "real" dope.

The issue has been quietly resolved with confidentiality?

Quote:
Mahrouk’s lawyer “doesn’t dispute McGregor’s complaint but says being forced to cut a woman’s hair would violate his freedom of religion.”

Since reporting on the story, the latest news is that “the issue has been quietly resolved. . . . Both Ms. McGregor and Mr. Mahrouk signed a confidentiality agreement that bars them from sharing any details.” End of Quote

Read more at http://godfatherpolitics.com/14623/muslim-barber-shop-case-settled-secret-woman-filed-complaint/#BhmjMRV5pmEg2F5h.99

rickjump1

Quote:
Mahrouk’s lawyer “doesn’t dispute McGregor’s complaint but says being forced to cut a woman’s hair would violate his freedom of religion.”

Since reporting on the story, the latest news is that “the issue has been quietly resolved. . . . Both Ms. McGregor and Mr. Mahrouk signed a confidentiality agreement that bars them from sharing any details.” End of Quote

Read more at http://godfatherpolitics.com/14623/muslim-barber-shop-case-settled-secret-woman-filed-complaint/#BhmjMRV5pmEg2F5h.99

Just as making a cake for a same sex marriage violates the bakery owners freedom of religion.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

Quote:

Just as making a cake for a same sex marriage violates the bakery owners freedom of religion. Yeah, but that was not quietly settled in secret. Why the secrecy here?

rickjump1

Quote:

Just as making a cake for a same sex marriage violates the bakery owners freedom of religion. Yeah, but that was not quietly settled in secret. Why the secrecy here?

Cuz he cut her hair on the side - out of the office - for cash.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

turtlespeed

Quote:

Cuz he cut her hair on the side - out of the office - for cash.Oh, why couldn't I have thought of that?:o No need to answer.

rickjump1

Quote:

Cuz he cut her hair on the side - out of the office - for cash.Oh, why couldn't I have thought of that?:o No need to answer.

Under the table . . . no taxes . . . win win.

Yeah, but that was not quietly settled in secret. Why the secrecy here?

To prevent it from turning into an American style gong-show with extremists on both sides yelling and screaming and drawing lines in the sand.

Both parties probably recognized there would be no clear winner in the end, with lots of money spent. Hence, you shake hands on move on, nice and polite. It is the Canadian way, even if one is a muslim and they other a lesbian.

BS. "One" party, the gay activists, finally did meet their match, and it was carefully explained to them the consequences. Oh well, they can go back to bashing Christians, and Canada can keep Sharia Law.

rickjump1

BS. "One" party, the gay activists, finally did meet their match, and it was carefully explained to them the consequences. Oh well, they can go back to bashing Christians, and Canada can keep Sharia Law.

Lol, if that was the case, the Muslim barber wouldn't sign a confidentiality agreement.

But logic doesn't play a big role in your reasoning, does it?

SkyDekker

***BS. "One" party, the gay activists, finally did meet their match, and it was carefully explained to them the consequences. Oh well, they can go back to bashing Christians, and Canada can keep Sharia Law.

Lol, if that was the case, the Muslim barber wouldn't sign a confidentiality agreement.

But logic doesn't play a big role in your reasoning, does it? I think I will go with the author. http://godfatherpolitics.com/14623/muslim-barber-shop-case-settled-secret-woman-filed-complaint/#BhmjMRV5pmEg2F5h.99 QUOTE:

Is McGregor going to get her haircut from the Muslim barbers who, because of religious reasons, are not permitted to cut the hair of a woman if she is not a family member? We don’t know. It’s my guess that pressure was put on McGregor to drop the complaint for fear of protests and possible reprisals from the large Muslim population in Toronto. “In the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), 7.7% of the population is Muslim, making GTA the highest concentration of Muslims in any city in North America.”

Mind you, it’s just a guess. END OF QUOTE Yes, I would take his "guess" over your emotional outbursts.

rickjump1

******BS. "One" party, the gay activists, finally did meet their match, and it was carefully explained to them the consequences. Oh well, they can go back to bashing Christians, and Canada can keep Sharia Law.

But logic doesn't play a big role in your reasoning, does it? I think I will go with the author. http://godfatherpolitics.com/14623/muslim-barber-shop-case-settled-secret-woman-filed-complaint/#BhmjMRV5pmEg2F5h.99 QUOTE:

Is McGregor going to get her haircut from the Muslim barbers who, because of religious reasons, are not permitted to cut the hair of a woman if she is not a family member? We don’t know. It’s my guess that pressure was put on McGregor to drop the complaint for fear of protests and possible reprisals from the large Muslim population in Toronto. “In the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), 7.7% of the population is Muslim, making GTA the highest concentration of Muslims in any city in North America.”

Mind you, it’s just a guess. END OF QUOTE Yes, I would take his "guess" over your emotional outbursts.

I live and work in Toronto. My work deals with commercial real estate and the use of such. And I have to say I agree, I feel this constant pressure to have to conform to the Muslims and abide by their Sharia law. It is very opressive here in Toronto.

And my guess is that she decided that gay men cut hair much better than Moozlims. While lesbians don't usually care about their hair, she doesn't currently have a girlfriend, and is on the lookout.

You guys'd better lock up your wives :P

I've at least been to Toronto, although it was in the 1960's -- have you ever?

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)