skypuppy

another gun-grab by rcmp

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/video/rcmp-gun-grab/3267564142001

Overnight the rcmp has decided to change the classification of a popular high-end rifle from NON-RESTRICTED to PROHIBITED, forcing owners to turn in the weapons or be subject to a jail-term of up to 3 years for possession of a weapon which has been legal for over a decade here in Canada. This decision was made by the rcmp without any legislative agreement or oversight. Fortunately the Minister of Public Safety also seems disturbed by this action and will hopefully reverse it.

Another interesting note is that the rcmp still seem to have access to a long-gun registry that was ordered destroyed by federal government over a year ago. It will be interesting to see if they can get away with this.
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

This is a standard gun-grabber play, which starts with gun registration. First, get 'em all registered. Second, start making them illegal. Third, go get 'em.

And people wonder why gun owners are opposed to registration.

I'm wondering if the mass disobedience to the new Connecticut gun registration law is going to lead to bloodshed when the cops go out and start trying to actually enforce it by taking away unregistered guns...

My brother is a leo plus I have a handful of friends who are here in Washington state -

we have an informal shoot every couple months at a friends house up in the hills west of Yakima.

we were discussing the possiblilty of gun siezures by the government and they are quite emphatic that if that order comes down they wont be the ones seizing them - their stance was:
"if the lawmakers want them then they can go get them all themselves, I aint getting my ass shot off trying to take a persons firearms who hasn't done anything wrong"

I don't think all will fight but I am pretty sure some will.

Roy
They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

This has had some interesting developments in the last few days, but not all good.

Yes, the minister of public safety announced in Parliament that he would grant amnesty to owners of the swiss arms weapons, but amnesty is only for 5 years and the guns remain on the prohibited list. That means that you are not allowed to transport them or to take them to the range from what I hear, nor would you be able to leave them to a family member if you passed away while the guns are still prohibited.

So the rcmp banned some guns and the public safety minister announced within a day or two he wouldn't enforce the ban - you would think the rcmp might take the hint, right? So what do they do? THEY ANNOUNCE THAT THEY ARE BANNING TWO MORE RIFLES, after the public safety minister's amnesty... They also released documents showing that they are planning on banning AR-15 variants.

This may get interesting.

Amnesty is a good move if it is a delay in order to change the legislation so that unelected bureaucrats can no longer decide who is a criminal at the drop of a pen. My fear is the government, which is having difficulties of its own, may decide they don't want to alienate the gun haters even more, and leave things as they are.

The rcmp have shown they can't follow the gov't's lead in allowing private gun owners to enjoy their possessions without harassment.
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

"if the lawmakers want them then they can go get them all themselves, I aint getting my ass shot off trying to take a persons firearms who hasn't done anything wrong"

Hmmm...quite a visual...lawmakers marching up the hill to take the guns. Kinda provides a new slants on elections to fill vacancies.

There is a serious issue when unelected, unaccountable bureaucrats start making policy by themselves all the while ignoring the elected officials. The bureaucracy is out of control and some (especially the insiders) like it like that. :S

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over