jackwallace

Vets bill

The congress have chosen to shoot down a $21 billion bill to help veterans. Learn about this, contact your congressmen and let them know they won't get your vote.
U only make 2 jumps: the first one for some weird reason and the last one that you lived through. The rest are just filler.
scr 316

I have been through the veterans system - it isn't fun, our country seems to feel that our soldiers are just cannon fodder - use and throw away

its disgusting how our "leaders" chose to turn their backs on those that serve.

Roy
They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

Southern_Man

***The congress have chosen to shoot down a $21 billion bill to help veterans.

What specific help would it have provided?

Did it have any way to pay for that $21 billion?

Look it up. Read it. Learn why it failed. Make your own decisions. Use your vote. I hate politics and politicians, so I won't tell you my opinions.
U only make 2 jumps: the first one for some weird reason and the last one that you lived through. The rest are just filler.
scr 316

Southern_Man

***The congress have chosen to shoot down a $21 billion bill to help veterans.

We were spending well over 20 billion a month in Iraq and Afghanistan. If we can't afford to take care of our Veterans when they come home, we can't afford to go to war.

The next time the GOP tells you how much they support Veterans, while wrapped in a flag and waving a bible, try not to vomit.

jclalor

******The congress have chosen to shoot down a $21 billion bill to help veterans.

We were spending well over 20 billion a month in Iraq and Afghanistan. If we can't afford to take care of our Veterans when they come home, we can't afford to go to war.

The next time the GOP tells you how much they support Veterans, while wrapped in a flag and waving a bible, try not to vomit.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I had hoped things had changed from other wars.. but I knew better.

That whole "thank you for your service" bullshit was so much.. well bullshit.

It was an empty homily used to make people feel better about their not really giving a shit and staying as far away as they could.

I particularly have loads of love for those who demonstrate to support the war, and sending off other people... DUUUUUUDE if you dig war so much... GO..... PLEASE. ( like that is going to happen) GI's... Citizen warriors.. are always prized.. till the war is over.. then they are just a painful reminder. The only people who value your service... are those who served with you.. and maybe some of your family ( do not count on all)[:/][:/]

Welcome to being just so much used and abused and SURPLUS to the needs of the service.

SkyDekker

You would think that in a free market environment there would be far less people willing to work for the military, which would ultimately result in required change. Change either in the form of conscription or better work benefits.

Gee, ever think it might be a function of Trickle ON economics... all the real money goes to the military industrial complex for the industrial conglomerates fornew weapons while the scraps are left over for that tiny portion that is trikle for those boots on the ground humans.??

I just want to get the medicine and care that I NEED from the VA. I hate the VA, they're all talk and smoke and mirrors and when it comes down to it, it's all about numbers and money to them.

Spent three and a half hours in a brand new VA clinic last week, thought that a nice new facility would improve the level of service - Nope. It's like putting lipstick on a pig.

BigMikeH77

I just want to get the medicine and care that I NEED from the VA. I hate the VA, they're all talk and smoke and mirrors and when it comes down to it, it's all about numbers and money to them.

Spent three and a half hours in a brand new VA clinic last week, thought that a nice new facility would improve the level of service - Nope. It's like putting lipstick on a pig.

I hear ya man... I last dealt with the VA in any form back in 1988.. I am really hopping I never find myself in need of ever having to go anywhere near them ever again.

Promises were made... they are not being kept>:(