rushmc

Why no one should "compromise" with the Democats

President Obama is going back on his promise to compromise on reducing the federal debt with a budget proposal for 2015 that would increase spending by $56 billion.

His move, an apparent effort to bolster Democrats in this fall's midterm elections, abandons the "grand bargain" he offered last year to appease Republicans, The Washington Post reports. He had promised to put a lid on spiraling retirement spending by reducing cost-of-living increases for Social Security recipients in return for an increase in taxes on the richest Americans.

Special: How to make your first million!

Obama's 2015 budget proposes increased spending on programs to bolster the middle class, including funding for early-childhood education initiatives and job training.

As budget details leaked out, a spokesman for GOP House Speaker John Boehner said it's more proof the president never intended to make good on his promise to work across party lines to trim the deficit.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/budget-spending-gop-compromise/2014/02/21/id/553950
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

lawrocket

The President has apparently set a goal to double the national debt during his administration.

The GOP House apparently it all in on this goal. And the Senate? Like they'll stop it...:D

I was with you untll the Senate part!:D
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

lawrocket

The President has apparently set a goal to double the national debt during his administration.

Only doubling it? What a piker - he'll never catch Reagan and G.W. that way.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

***The President has apparently set a goal to double the national debt during his administration.

I was waiting for someone to blame bush or reagan for The current state of affairs. He's been out of office for what 5 years now and still can't stop getting blamed for things.

Liberal win. If you want to call it that.

regulator

******The President has apparently set a goal to double the national debt during his administration.

I was waiting for someone to blame bush or reagan for The current state of affairs. He's been out of office for what 5 years now and still can't stop getting blamed for things.

Pesky ole ARITHMETIC for thems folks.

My wife and I just finished watching the entire epic of "House of Cards" on Netflix. Kevin Spacey, Robin Wright et. al., play very believable characters. Their portrayal of liberal Democrat power manipulators on The Hill make it very clear why someone would choose to identify as Liberal Progressive Democrats. There is a lot to be gained by the heartless.

The overall picture of where our country is headed is becoming much more discernible.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

regulator

******The President has apparently set a goal to double the national debt during his administration.

I was waiting for a conservative to grumble about Obama doubling the debt, while conveniently *forgetting* that Reagan nearly tripled it and GWB more than doubled it (and left the country in a recession).

Liberals may not win on the debt, but conservatives FAIL big time and are hypocrites into the bargain.

Amazon

*********The President has apparently set a goal to double the national debt during his administration.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhiCFdWeQfA

regulator

************The President has apparently set a goal to double the national debt during his administration.

Nice try: attempting to counter inconvenient facts with a work of fiction.

regulator

************The President has apparently set a goal to double the national debt during his administration.

Cool a whole class of young republicans exhibiting the GOP grasp of economics, blank stares.

Thank you for the clip:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

regulator

What do you expect from a people that try to blame a President from over 24 years ago?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

You do not read graphs well do you:S.... Debt under President Carter ( which pissed me the F#@# off and caused me to vote for Ronnie RayGun) was 800 BILLION.

Please tell me about GOP fiscal responsibility and SMALL government again???
Orwellian NewSpeak at its best.

turtlespeed

*********The President has apparently set a goal to double the national debt during his administration.

What do you expect from a people that try to blame a President from over 24 years ago?

Blame? I didn't notice any blame, just pointing out a little hypocrisy from the GOP and its supporters.

kallend

Blame? I didn't notice any blame, just pointing out a little hypocrisy from the GOP and its supporters.

All them republicans from back then was just RINO's anyway..

Amazon

***************The President has apparently set a goal to double the national debt during his administration.

So what does that make Obama?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

******************The President has apparently set a goal to double the national debt during his administration.

So what does that make Obama?

President of the United States.

kallend

I was waiting for a conservative to grumble about Obama doubling the debt, while conveniently *forgetting* that Reagan nearly tripled it...

Just look at what's going on here, folks.

Liberals agree it's bad when the national debt soars.
Conservatives agree it's bad when the national debt soars.

But instead of uniting in opposition against out-of-control federal spending, we just sit around and call each other names.

Liberals point out how conservatives did it in the past, as if to excuse their own president who is doing it now. Conservatives did the same thing with their past presidents. Everyone makes excuses to protect "their man".

So instead of actually DOING SOMETHING about the issue, we just sit around and fight amongst each other as to who is worse, and call each other names like "hypocrite". Meanwhile, no one seems to actually express outrage at the spending that is happening - they're too concerned about blaming the other guy for doing it first.

So NOTHING gets done. And our country continues on its downward spiral towards bankruptcy, which will destroy our children's future...

So let's get past this: Just because a former president for our side did it in the past, doesn't mean we have no right to protest against another current president who is still doing it. It's bad no matter who is doing it. Put the partisanship aside, and get on with solving the problem!

I challenge someone to have the courage to say: "Yes, I support President Obama, but I think his government spending is out of control." Go ahead, I double-dog dare you.

I now return this channel to its regularly scheduled bickering.

Boogers

***I was waiting for a conservative to grumble about Obama doubling the debt, while conveniently *forgetting* that Reagan nearly tripled it...

Just look at what's going on here, folks.

Liberals agree it's bad when the national debt soars.
Conservatives agree it's bad when the national debt soars.

But instead of uniting in opposition against out-of-control federal spending, we just sit around and call each other names.

Liberals point out how conservatives did it in the past, as if to excuse their own president who is doing it now. Conservatives did the same thing with their past presidents. Everyone makes excuses to protect "their man".

So instead of actually DOING SOMETHING about the issue, we just sit around and fight amongst each other as to who is worse, and call each other names like "hypocrite". Meanwhile, no one seems to actually express outrage at the spending that is happening - they're too concerned about blaming the other guy for doing it first.

So NOTHING gets done. And our country continues on its downward spiral towards bankruptcy, which will destroy our children's future...

So let's get past this: Just because a former president for our side did it in the past, doesn't mean we have no right to protest against another current president who is still doing it. It's bad no matter who is doing it. Put the partisanship aside, and get on with solving the problem!

I challenge someone to have the courage to say: "Yes, I support President Obama, but I think his government spending is out of control." Go ahead, I double-dog dare you.

I now return this channel to its regularly scheduled bickering.

where is the like button when you need it?

Amazon

You do not read graphs well do you:S.... Debt under President Carter ( which pissed me the F#@# off and caused me to vote for Ronnie RayGun) was 800 BILLION.

Please tell me about GOP fiscal responsibility and SMALL government again???
Orwellian NewSpeak at its best.

If 800 billion pissed you off, how does almost 9 trillion? come on, you can do it, tell us how you really feel now.

So why is it that the conservatives only get all upset about raising the debt it when a black Dem president is in office, but GAVE A PASS to every GOP president who did it on an even greater scale?

HYPOCRISY is the answer - just look in the mirror.

I support President Obama and I think spending is out of control.

It wasn't hard at all. Thanks for posting that.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)