kallend

Arizona tries to legalize discrimination

Since the dawn of time, same sex has been observed across hundreds/thousands of species on the planet, making it arguably 'natural' and most certainly normal. Which means that since the dawn of time, YOUR definition of what is 'sin' is actually what the problem is.

I cannot even begin to start to say what a complete fucking asinine argument you have. Hate mongering - nothing else.

Hate mongering? Only hate mongering is happening from your side. I don't see anyone running out and suing gay companies or holding demonstration and picket lines. All the hate is coming from the liberal militant gay agenda. You can get mad at me all you want and call me names I'm good with that because your wrong. I get that, bullying is your way.

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

I think we're all looking at this "law" from the wrong angle. It started with the bakery that didn't want to participate in a same-sex couple's wedding, right? Umm -- since when is the hired help "participating?" That bakery was being hired to bake a freakin' cake. No one at the wedding would consider that bakery "family," or part of the event. The couple tried to buy a CAKE.

What would have been the result if one person went into the bakery, ordered a cake with a particular design, and just left? Later, it was discovered that the cake was served after his infant son had been circumsized? Would anyone have cared that the cake was from a particular bakery, aside from the occassional, "wow, this cake is wonderful. Where did you get it?" Unless the answer was, "Oh, David's aunt made it!", no one would consider that bakery part of the event. The thought process after, "David got it from that lovely little bakery on the corner of 1st and Main" would have been, "I'll have to remember that the next time I want a cake!"

Not: "damn, that bakery endorses the mutilation of infants! I'll be sure to avoid THAT place!" :S

Bottom line, if you don't want to be hired for the job, don't take it. But don't for a minute think that your working any kind of event somehow makes you a part of it.

See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

Only hate mongering is happening from your side.

So if someone called you vile, sinful and perverted you'd consider it a polite appraisal of your beliefs?

I don't see anyone running out and suing gay companies or holding demonstration and picket lines.

You don't watch the news?

All the hate is coming from the liberal militant gay agenda.

Yeah, it's horrible how the gay militants bully, assault and murder people for being straight. That really sucks.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

I could care less who your sleeping with but when you trample on others rights claiming equality when what your after is special treatment I got to call bullshit.

Let me get this straight-- person A (gay/white/black/straight/or whatever) wants to walk into starbucks and get served just like person B does (again, gay/white/black/straight/jewish/etc). Since A wants exactly the same service B got, that is trampling on starbucks rights? What rights would person A be taking away from starbucks for being served like the other HUMAN BEING who is person B? A and B just want EQUAL RIGHTS to service.

So, in AZ and KS, person A can be turned away now because of something they are; something that is a part of their being. You don't think that is trampling rights? And it's now special treatment if all I want it to be treated like everybody else? If I walked into a private clinic to be seen and they looked at me and said "we don't serve your kind here," because I'm a woman, I'm sorry, but I'd be pissed off and feel wronged.

No matter how you slice it and dice it, this goes back to the ways of segregation. And we see how well that all turned out!
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

LyraM45

I could care less who your sleeping with but when you trample on others rights claiming equality when what your after is special treatment I got to call bullshit.

Let me get this straight-- person A (gay/white/black/straight/or whatever) wants to walk into starbucks and get served just like person B does (again, gay/white/black/straight/jewish/etc). Since A wants exactly the same service B got, that is trampling on starbucks rights? What rights would person A be taking away from starbucks for being served like the other HUMAN BEING who is person B? A and B just want EQUAL RIGHTS to service.

So, in AZ and KS, person A can be turned away now because of something they are; something that is a part of their being. You don't think that is trampling rights? If I walked into a private clinic to be seen and they looked at me and said "we don't serve your kind here," because I'm a woman, I'm sorry, but I'd be pissed off and feel wronged.

No matter how you slice it and dice it, this goes back to the ways of segregation. And we see how well that all turned out!

Well, a few esteemed legislators are now saying "my bad". http://www.azcentral.com/news/politics/articles/20140224arizona-gop-senators-sb-1062-ask-brewer-veto.html

(Kinda sad that they see this as bad PR only, but, it's not a step backwards at least)

Hopefully, robo-gov will veto the damn thing.
Remster

catfishhunter

Hate mongering? Only hate mongering is happening from your side. I don't see anyone running out and suing gay companies or holding demonstration and picket lines. All the hate is coming from the liberal militant gay agenda. You can get mad at me all you want and call me names I'm good with that because your wrong. I get that, bullying is your way.

Maybe because gay business aren't trying to deny you service. Maybe because people who are for gay marriages or want a gay marriage aren't trying to limit anybody else from being married. Maybe because gay people who want the same legal rights for their partners are not trying to stop hetero partners from having the same rights. See a trend here?
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

LyraM45

If I walked into a private clinic to be seen and they looked at me and said "we don't serve your kind here," because I'm a woman, I'm sorry, but I'd be pissed off and feel wronged.

Even if it was an erectile dysfunction clinic? :P

I believe the government should not discriminate in any way. Any business that chooses to do business with the government or accept government assistance should be held to the same standard.

All others, let the market decide.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Bolas

I believe the government should not discriminate in any way. Any business that chooses to do business with the government or accept government assistance should be held to the same standard.

I think this is close but flawed because I believe every business is receiving government assistance in terms of police and fire protection and well as public access ways like roads.

If a business is open to the public, then it should be open to the entirety of it.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I think this is close but flawed because I believe every business is receiving government assistance in terms of police and fire protection and well as public access ways like roads.

Exactly. Many municipalities also give tax breaks to business owners to try to attract them. In broad terms, the entire community is given a direct or indirect vote on how their tax dollars will be spent. If the 'community' voted to give a bakery a tax break and that bakery is using limited resources (real estate) in the community, then everyone in the community should expect to be able to buy bread, or cakes, or whatever.

Would a woman need the services of an erectile dysfunction clinic? Possibly. If her partner isn't willing to go, why shouldn't see be able to chose to go learn more about the problem and the possible solutions?
Owned by Remi #?

quade

***I believe the government should not discriminate in any way. Any business that chooses to do business with the government or accept government assistance should be held to the same standard.

If a business is open to the public, then it should be open to the entirety of it.

Are they receiving assistance beyond what a private citizen is entitled to?
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

quade

Almost every private citizen receives those things. It shouldn't make your house open to the public by default.
Provoking a reaction isn't the same thing as saying something meaningful.
-Calvin

Bolas

******I believe the government should not discriminate in any way. Any business that chooses to do business with the government or accept government assistance should be held to the same standard.

Are they receiving assistance beyond what a private citizen is entitled to?

Businesses open to the public have a responsibility greater than that of private individuals. For instance, their establishments must meet the standards of public accommodation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_accommodations

Now, I guess if an owner of a bakery wants so put up a cross, hold services and not give communion cookies to people who don't pass their catechism classes, then it's a religion and exempt, but if a business is open to the public, then they must accommodate all of it.
quade -

Almost every private citizen receives those things.

We don't, as a rule, get to make use of business tax breaks and incentives unless we're running a business... and if you're using commercially zoned resources in a community, you actually *are* expected to make the property and services available to the community.
Owned by Remi #?

Lefty

***I think this is close but flawed because I believe every business is receiving government assistance in terms of police and fire protection and well as public access ways like roads.

Almost every private citizen receives those things. It shouldn't make your house open to the public by default.

A private citizen's home is NOT open to the public. It is specifically not open to the public. A general business, like a cake shop, is open to the public.
quade -

A private citizen's home is NOT open to the public.

Nothing at all (except some food service laws, I guess) prevents someone from baking cakes in their kitchen and picking and choosing who they chose to sell them to. That business model isn't going to bring in much profit, though. If the bakery wants access to a storefront in a public area (limited resource in the community), then they have to make the services available to all of the community.

I don't understand why some folks don't get this.
Owned by Remi #?

Ok sure, that makes sense....not.

you label people in a negative way, for what they are, what they do, for something that has ABSOLUTELY ZERO EFFECT on your life, your traditions, your day, your job, your family. nothing.. that is hate-mongering.

I respond to you by telling you to grow up. that is hate mongering?

you must be high.

I re read everything I posted and I do not see whee I labeled anyone. Behaviors yes but not people. How about you start by answering my questions I asked before. Why is one sexual perversion ok but not all? Will you be ok when the time comes to accept those whose perversions you find vile? After all they where born that way. Or will you be the hate monger?

And for the record . I don't have any issue with what consenting adults due in the bedroom. I do not subscribe to the special treatment and trampling on others beliefs for the sake of sexual perversion.that doesn't mean others have the right to police what they do in private but they do not get to force others to accept it either. I find it really amusing how those of you claiming to be tolerant and wanting equality fight so hard to take it away from those who do not believe as you.

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

catfishhunter

Why is one sexual perversion ok but not all?

You mean like that totally hetro thing described in the Bible where a dude jerks a chick off so hard she craps? Completely God approved!

I'm serious. It's in there and very few people I know have a problem with it.
Song of Solomon 5:4

So yeah, I have no idea why some factions of religion have an issue with some things but not others.
quade -