skinnay

Conservative values

Russia is the conservative dreamland.. proud of its beatings of gays, minorities, and disobedient women. Much like Saudi Arabia, but with a white skin color that american conservatives like.

Like american conservatives, Russia is pretty much against anything that doesn't benefit white straight men. These are the values I speak of.

I have to agree with the 'troll' moniker.

I don't count myself in the 'conservative values' camp, but it is clear that you are highlighting an extreme position and assigning it to everyone however slightly right of 'center'.

The conservative party in the US does not beat a drum for minorities or women. Neither does it oppress them IMO. I will point out the first minority Sec of State was appointed by GWB. The first female Sec of State also happened to be a minority under him. I don't remember any fanfare over it. I might have missed it.

Anyone who waves this 'war on women' banner is ignoring the actual issue and playing a propaganda game. Nobody is waging a war on women. People do, however, have a difficult and genuine debate over when life begins and how to balance the rights of the parties involved. The whole 'war on women' bs prevents resolving the actual problem. It is difficult enough without that nonsense.

Russia's problems are hardly analogous to the US problems.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

davjohns

I have to agree with the 'troll' moniker.

I don't count myself in the 'conservative values' camp, but it is clear that you are highlighting an extreme position and assigning it to everyone however slightly right of 'center'.

The conservative party in the US does not beat a drum for minorities or women. Neither does it oppress them IMO. I will point out the first minority Sec of State was appointed by GWB. The first female Sec of State also happened to be a minority under him. I don't remember any fanfare over it. I might have missed it.

Anyone who waves this 'war on women' banner is ignoring the actual issue and playing a propaganda game. Nobody is waging a war on women. People do, however, have a difficult and genuine debate over when life begins and how to balance the rights of the parties involved. The whole 'war on women' bs prevents resolving the actual problem. It is difficult enough without that nonsense.

Russia's problems are hardly analogous to the US problems.

So all those good ole boy conservative politicians are just misspeakin.. they don't mean nuthin by it... about rape and being sluts... and on and on???

Hardly. Sometimes they might misspeak. Mostly, those guys are morons and likely revealing their true colors. Pretending they represent everyone however slightly right of center is just insulting. It draws lines darker and deeper. It inhibits the cooperation that might move us forward.

Do all liberals want to associate with all of the stupid things that come out of Nancy's mouth? I don't think so. I don't pretend she represents everyone that might be slightly left of center, either. That would be just as insulting. It draws lines darker and deeper. It inhibits the cooperation that might move us forward.

Both sides have morons presenting themselves as leaders. Both sides have extremists. Both sides like to highlight those extremists and morons on the other side and pretend that is the norm. Both sides prevent genuine discussion that would lead to progress.

I point it out no matter who is doing it. Apparenlty I like beating my head against two walls rather than just one.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

lawrocket

Might as well post a video of the Branch Davidian compound in Waco being burnt to the ground with women and children inside of it and title it "liberal values."

Roughly the same amount of accuracy.

works for me - If I use Skinnay's prejudice on cons, and this example for libs, it REALLY simplifies things greatly for me.

Now I feel armed and ready for more Speaker's Corner posts. :)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

skinnay

While some in this thread might think you're a troll, I think it's important to point out you're not the only person to have made this observation.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-february-19-2014/jason-jones-live-from-sochi-ish---better-off-red?xrs=synd_twitter_022014_tds_36
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

lawrocket

Might as well post a video of the Branch Davidian compound in Waco being burnt to the ground with women and children inside of it and title it "liberal values."

Roughly the same amount of accuracy.

Iz Cossack not conservative enuff ???

Must be Cossack In Name Only??? CINO

davjohns

I'm offended. Where's the libertarian?

I had a cartoon, but the republican cartoon pretended it looked the same as him and just ate it up until the real cartoon didn't like being called that anymore.

At the same time, democrat cartoon actually painted on it until it looked just like the republican cartoon - only more so and with bigger ears and frothing mouth. ...until the real cartoon didn't like being called that anymore.

It's now at work trying a make a little extra to pay for the neighbors electric bill.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants