baronn

Boycott Seaworld

Knew most of this was true but, after watching Blackfish, had it confirmed. The incomprehensible cruelty that is inflicted upon these sentient beings is absolutely unacceptable. As if that wasn't enuff, the "Trainers" (I use that term loosely) are deceived and misled and then exposed to justifiably Pissed off animals that are fed up and mad. Who can blame them? ANYBODY did half that BS to my family there wouldn't be a hole on this planet too far to hide in. And for what? A buck. Do NOT support this self-serving, inhumane, evil organization with 1 more dollar.
Free Tillimuk!

baronn

Knew most of this was true but, after watching Blackfish, had it confirmed. The incomprehensible cruelty that is inflicted upon these sentient beings is absolutely unacceptable. As if that wasn't enuff, the "Trainers" (I use that term loosely) are deceived and misled and then exposed to justifiably Pissed off animals that are fed up and mad. Who can blame them? ANYBODY did half that BS to my family there wouldn't be a hole on this planet too far to hide in. And for what? A buck. Do NOT support this self-serving, inhumane, evil organization with 1 more dollar.
Free Tillimuk!

A very good documentary.

baronn

Free Tillimuk!

The documentary is biased and not true. My wife and I spoke to a former Seaworld employee that worked in the Orca whale exhibit. She knew the deceased trainer, Dawn Brancheau, and Tillikum the whale in question.

She said Tillikum still cries for his trainer because he misses her. Her death was a tragic accident. She used to play with him utilizing a large rope toy. The whale thought her ponytail was the toy and pulled her into the water.

Blackfish is not an accurate account of the tragedy.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

RonD1120

***Knew most of this was true but, after watching Blackfish, had it confirmed. The incomprehensible cruelty that is inflicted upon these sentient beings is absolutely unacceptable. As if that wasn't enuff, the "Trainers" (I use that term loosely) are deceived and misled and then exposed to justifiably Pissed off animals that are fed up and mad. Who can blame them? ANYBODY did half that BS to my family there wouldn't be a hole on this planet too far to hide in. And for what? A buck. Do NOT support this self-serving, inhumane, evil organization with 1 more dollar.
Free Tillimuk!

The documentary is biased and not true. My wife and I spoke to a former Seaworld employee that worked in the Orca whale exhibit. She knew the deceased trainer, Dawn Brancheau, and Tillikum the whale in question.

She said Tillikum still cries for his trainer because he misses her. Her death was a tragic accident. She used to play with him utilizing a large rope toy. The whale thought her ponytail was the toy and pulled her into the water.

Blackfish is not an accurate account of the tragedy.

The people that I know that have worked for and do work for Seaworld say this:

1) The pay SUCKS
2) Sometimes the animals seem to be mistreated, but the trainers have the up most honest intentions toward them and they love those animals as much as you can love another human.
3) The place is tourist attraction. You have to expect it to be like a Six Flags.

I only know 17 people that have or are working there. So I assume its a limited polling pool.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

She said Tillikum still cries for his trainer because he misses her. Her death was a tragic accident.

That would be a completely understandable mistake for the animal... but are you suggesting that it's okay to subject the animal to a situation where it might make such a mistake, and subject the trainer to a situation where the animal might make an understandable mistake and kill her is okay?
Owned by Remi #?

I watched that, also. Was appalled by what I saw (e.g., removing the calf from the mother, mixing different pods and not being able to handle subsequent aggression, seeing the drooping fins on the males, the danger the trainers were in, etc.). IMO, these are clearly sentient, intelligent, and dangerous creatures. They shouldn't have to endure this in their life, especially as a tourist attraction.

RonD - I saw your comment, and even if it's not an accurate account of the Tillikum/trainer event, it doesn't change my opinion expressed above.
We are all engines of karma

baronn

Free Tillimuk!

Drill down deeper and most of it is stage managed BS, just like The Cove about the dolphins in Japan, the directors dyed the water red to make it look horrible, no way a few hundred animals turn millions and millions of gallons of water red, people who read Japanese know the truth, there are blogs and websites that debunk the whole thing, LOL.

Jan

labrys

She said Tillikum still cries for his trainer because he misses her. Her death was a tragic accident.

That would be a completely understandable mistake for the animal... but are you suggesting that it's okay to subject the animal to a situation where it might make such a mistake, and subject the trainer to a situation where the animal might make an understandable mistake and kill her is okay?

Yes, the trainers are "subjected" to this terrible danger, they are forced to work there for slave wages and their families are held hostage to make sure they don't run away, get a grip, they choose to take the risk for the reward of working with one of the coolest creatures on earth, you sound like wuffo whining about the danger skydiving instructors are "subjected" to for crap money outing people in a situation where they might make and understandable mistake and kill themselves or somebody else, oh the horror the horror, enjoy your SUSHI, LOL.

Jan

bakerjan

***Knew most of this was true but, after watching Blackfish, had it confirmed. The incomprehensible cruelty that is inflicted upon these sentient beings is absolutely unacceptable. As if that wasn't enuff, the "Trainers" (I use that term loosely) are deceived and misled and then exposed to justifiably Pissed off animals that are fed up and mad. Who can blame them? ANYBODY did half that BS to my family there wouldn't be a hole on this planet too far to hide in. And for what? A buck. Do NOT support this self-serving, inhumane, evil organization with 1 more dollar.
Free Tillimuk!

Drill down deeper and most of it is stage managed BS, just like The Cove about the dolphins in Japan, the directors dyed the water red to make it look horrible, no way a few hundred animals turn millions and millions of gallons of water red, people who read Japanese know the truth, there are blogs and websites that debunk the whole thing, LOL. Jan

Could you help us out with some credible, reliable and objective sources, please?

Andy9o8

******Knew most of this was true but, after watching Blackfish, had it confirmed. The incomprehensible cruelty that is inflicted upon these sentient beings is absolutely unacceptable. As if that wasn't enuff, the "Trainers" (I use that term loosely) are deceived and misled and then exposed to justifiably Pissed off animals that are fed up and mad. Who can blame them? ANYBODY did half that BS to my family there wouldn't be a hole on this planet too far to hide in. And for what? A buck. Do NOT support this self-serving, inhumane, evil organization with 1 more dollar.
Free Tillimuk!

Drill down deeper and most of it is stage managed BS, just like The Cove about the dolphins in Japan, the directors dyed the water red to make it look horrible, no way a few hundred animals turn millions and millions of gallons of water red, people who read Japanese know the truth, there are blogs and websites that debunk the whole thing, LOL. Jan

Could you help us out with some credible, reliable and objective sources, please?

You're a lawyer, you know how to do research, find it yourself, helps to know Japanese cause USA media censor the facts, but WTF here's one credible, reliable objective source, sorry to add reality to another delusional thread but FYI fisherman kill 23,000 dolphins a year in Taiji, USA...

According to the National Agricultural
Statistics Service
, the following number of animals were slaughtered in the US in 2008:

cattle 34.4 million (avg/day 94,247)
calves 956,600 (avg/day 2,621)
hogs 116.5 million (avg/day 319,178)
sheep and lambs 2.56 million (avg/day 7,014)
chickens 9,075,261,000 (avg/day 24,863,729)
turkeys 3,672,000 (avg/day 10,060)

So 23,000 for a population of 120 million... barely a rounding error in USA stats, so unless you're a vegan, shut up about what animal food other people choose to eat, how come no one bags on the Chinese for eating millions of dogs and cats and the French for eating horses, LOL.

Can't help it, here's some more credible, reliable, objective info for you, sorry not as pretty and sexy as dolphins (orcas are dolphins BTW), but truth.

Jan

bakerjan

*********Knew most of this was true but, after watching Blackfish, had it confirmed. The incomprehensible cruelty that is inflicted upon these sentient beings is absolutely unacceptable. As if that wasn't enuff, the "Trainers" (I use that term loosely) are deceived and misled and then exposed to justifiably Pissed off animals that are fed up and mad. Who can blame them? ANYBODY did half that BS to my family there wouldn't be a hole on this planet too far to hide in. And for what? A buck. Do NOT support this self-serving, inhumane, evil organization with 1 more dollar.
Free Tillimuk!

You're a lawyer, you know how to do research, find it yourself, helps to know Japanese cause USA media censor the facts, but WTF here's one credible, reliable objective source, sorry to add reality to another delusional thread but FYI fisherman kill 23,000 dolphins a year in Taiji, USA...

According to the National Agricultural
Statistics Service
, the following number of animals were slaughtered in the US in 2008:

cattle 34.4 million (avg/day 94,247)
calves 956,600 (avg/day 2,621)
hogs 116.5 million (avg/day 319,178)
sheep and lambs 2.56 million (avg/day 7,014)
chickens 9,075,261,000 (avg/day 24,863,729)
turkeys 3,672,000 (avg/day 10,060)

So 23,000 for a population of 120 million... barely a rounding error in USA stats, so unless you're a vegan, shut up about what animal food other people choose to eat, how come no one bags on the Chinese for eating millions of dogs and cats and the French for eating horses, LOL.

Can't help it, here's some more credible, reliable, objective info for you, sorry not as pretty and sexy as dolphins (orcas are dolphins BTW), but truth.

Jan

Its OK, you could have just said no, you can't provide those sources.
Never try to eat more than you can lift

Always interesting to see the responses on these. Just like Skydiving, they don't build yer character but, it sure reveals it. Hard for me to understand the " Yeah but, we kill this many animals so its OK to mistreat and kill this many." Really? The people involved in the acquiring of these Orca's showed genuine remorse IMO. Can't see how any caring human couldn't. The trainers were clearly misled (Gee, a LOT like skydiving jobs) and once they got a more clear picture, showed regret. Little doubt these creatures are exploited for a corporate profit. Seems they pay a terrible price for it. Anyone that has ever spent time with critters knows they have good and bad days. Tuff fight with an animal that big. Tillikums history is a terrible way to live a life. Anyone (thing) that had a history of that wude have serious issues. His whole existence has been reduced to spending his life in a small cubicle, fed just enuff to live, no interaction with your own kind and only released to entertain I bunch of strangers. If that doesn't affect you, your Soul needs searching.

A side note. Tillimuk is unfortunately, a lost cause. It's possible he cude be released but, a LONG rd to get there. No, his future is determined by his corporate value as a sperm donor.
Get a kibble to eat, let me show off my massive size to a bunch Idiots that haven't got a clue what I went thru to be here and the highlight of my whole existence is getting my massive cock jacked off so my offspring can live a similar existence.
Seems we can do better.....

labrys

I was just asking Turtle what his opinion was, not expressing my own. You need to figure out why you feel the need to attack me like this. ;)

My apologies, your opinion seemed obvious from your question, but my inferring that doesn't mean you implied it, funny thing is someone on this forum does that all the time to me and others, I dont like it either, my answer stands but not directed at you, sorry again.[:/]

Jan

baronn

Always interesting to see the responses on these. Just like Skydiving, they don't build yer character but, it sure reveals it. Hard for me to understand the " Yeah but, we kill this many animals so its OK to mistreat and kill this many." Really? The people involved in the acquiring of these Orca's showed genuine remorse IMO. Can't see how any caring human couldn't. The trainers were clearly misled (Gee, a LOT like skydiving jobs) and once they got a more clear picture, showed regret. Little doubt these creatures are exploited for a corporate profit. Seems they pay a terrible price for it. Anyone that has ever spent time with critters knows they have good and bad days. Tuff fight with an animal that big. Tillikums history is a terrible way to live a life. Anyone (thing) that had a history of that wude have serious issues. His whole existence has been reduced to spending his life in a small cubicle, fed just enuff to live, no interaction with your own kind and only released to entertain I bunch of strangers. If that doesn't affect you, your Soul needs searching.

you make many good points, my list was for perspective on Taiji, captive orcas a different subject, hard call, like zoos, not natural enviroments, captive, but they are like ambassaders who help people learn about them, be impressed and awed, maybe do something to help those still wild, where is the balance point?

Not a good deal being in a pool instead of open ocean, eating dead fish instead of killing live ones, no friends or family (orcas very family-oriented), but seeing them at Sea World inspires people to know, understand, maybe help save them in the wild, hard hard Spock question, good of many v. good of few.

u r right about soul searching, I do on this one, orcas are coollest creature on earth to me, I quit eating veal years ago when I learned how they treat the baby cows, still support captive orcas for reasons above but yes, we can do better, instead of swimming pools put some profits into building lagoons, longer pools so they can go fast, live better, maybe make a deal with the orcas for free-assocation shows where they come and go as they please, they are smarter than apes, maybe they would, something to think about, Blackfish and Cove are propaganda, that is my objection there, but isue of captive orca treatment is real and needs attention, so maybe Blackfish will help, just wish they were more honest.

Jan

Documentaries often embellish to make a point. I make my own decisions based on facts. I don't approve of Tajii but, am light on the facts. This is about Seaworld and we'll keep it on that subject. The facts of what has happened here are irrefutable. I have a problem with anyone/organization that exploits others for nothing more than a simple profit. Seaworld only exists for that reason. They have intentionally misled to advance their agenda. Just like other organizations (Monsanto) and as more become aware, we can make different decisions with our supporting dollars. That's the only language they understand. We can do this thru awareness and unity. I'm doing my part but, I need help. 1 doesn't matter much. A 50% reduction in attendance will. That's the plan......

Blackfish and Cove are propaganda, that is my objection there, but isue of captive orca treatment is real and needs attention, so maybe Blackfish will help, just wish they were more honest.

That's the second time you've said that in this thread. The first time, when asked for a credible, objective source to support your claim that the images of blood in the water were faked, you simply evaded. Another person then called you on that, but I didn't want to pile on. (The reason I asked the first time is because I did do a search for a supporting reference, and didn't find one; thus I inquired of you.) How about now? It's your allegation - do you or do you not have a source substantiating it that we can review for ourselves? If so, it would be helpful.

Andy9o8

Blackfish and Cove are propaganda, that is my objection there, but isue of captive orca treatment is real and needs attention, so maybe Blackfish will help, just wish they were more honest.

That's the second time you've said that in this thread. The first time, when asked for a credible, objective source to support your claim that the images of blood in the water were faked, you simply evaded. Another person then called you on that, but I didn't want to pile on. (The reason I asked the first time is because I did do a search for a supporting reference, and didn't find one; thus I inquired of you.) How about now? It's your allegation - do you or do you not have a source substantiating it that we can review for ourselves? If so, it would be helpful.

How long did you look? All you have to do is search "Cove documentary is propaganda" and it pops up, took me 10 seconds, that'll be $500 mr lawyer, LOL, try this one for starters, cove is no more a "documentary" than reality TV is "real," all stage-manged, admitted by the directors and producers, what more do you want? If they called it docudrama instead of documentary I would have no problem but passing it as truth or your favorite words objective and credible and reliable is BS, it isn't, LOL. Then when you finish that one try this one, English version of Japanese site, then this one, dismiss as not objective if you want but nothing about Cove is objective, nothing, so funny you hold critics to higher standard than the propaganda makers, and if those arent enough, see this one, and here's one for Blackfish, same song, different dolphin, and one more from Seaworld, compare what it says to Blackfish, make your own decisions, but truth is cove and blackfish producers play people like fiddles and they fall for it, LOL.

Jan

Thanks for the links, it'll give us a chance to look them over for substance and objectivity.

(My Google searches, btw, were "cove + documentary + blood + water" and similar - focusing, as I said, on your assertion that the blood-in-the-water images were faked. Many hits, of course, but none supporting the "fakery" angle in the first several pages of hits - thus, my initial inquiry. Since it was your assertion, that'll be $1,000, less your $500, so I'll take $500 in my paypal account.)

baronn

Free Tillimuk!

wow, you actually bought into that anti-seaworld bullshit propaganda? i laughed after watching blackfish. if you are dumb enough to get into a tank with a KILLER whale, especially one that has been known to attack other human beings, you will get whats coming to you.
i think seaworld is great for kids.........
that movie was dumb. just my opinion though, and i respect yours, but i disagree.
cheers
gravity brings me down.........

Andy9o8

Thanks for the links, it'll give us a chance to look them over for substance and objectivity.

(My Google searches, btw, were "cove + documentary + blood + water" and similar - focusing, as I said, on your assertion that the blood-in-the-water images were faked. Many hits, of course, but none supporting the "fakery" angle in the first several pages of hits - thus, my initial inquiry. Since it was your assertion, that'll be $1,000, less your $500, so I'll take $500 in my paypal account.)

Touche, mon ami, but when you don't get what you want first time, change your search terms, like switching arguments in a court case when you flail, that'll be another $500, now were even, look forward to your comments after reading, but funny how you keep holding critical comments to standards neither "documentary" meets, LOL.

Jan

change your search terms,

Nope. Your assertion; your burden of production. What I did was gratuitous. Except, of course, for the part about my bill. My time, for one, is valuable.

funny how you keep holding critical comments to standards neither "documentary" meets

You're fairly new here. Speaker's Corner has demanding standards. If you're not up to holding yourself up to higher standards than that which you criticize, you can always quit the game.

Your references are reviews. Absolutely Nothing in any of them refute any facts presented. The last 2 were produced by Seaworld themselves. You're revealing a very limited knowledge of the situation here. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. You are not entitled to your own facts. If what happens at Seaworld is OK with you, go spend money there and keep it going. Those of us that disagree with that will not. I fail to see the deception you keep referring to and you have pathetically failed to support your position with anything even close to a fact.