Kennedy

NY SAFE Act (gun control) and its Proponents

Manufacturers Change Look of AR-15; Rifle Is Now Legal in New York State
Pass a stupid law, get a stupid result. This, Clash Daily reports, is a remodeled AR-15, and it is legal in New York despite the state’s “assault weapons” ban

And one of the idiots who helped pass a law to ban "scary looking" cosmetic features:

Gun Control Activist swears he forgot he was carrying a gun while visiting a school
Talk about someone who doesn't have the courage of his convictions. Hopefully now he'll have a conviction, lose his license, and be right where he wasn't a everyone else: deprived of rights.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Kennedy

Manufacturers Change Look of AR-15; Rifle Is Now Legal in New York State
Pass a stupid law, get a stupid result. This, Clash Daily reports, is a remodeled AR-15, and it is legal in New York despite the state’s “assault weapons” ban

And one of the idiots who helped pass a law to ban "scary looking" cosmetic features:

Gun Control Activist swears he forgot he was carrying a gun while visiting a school
Talk about someone who doesn't have the courage of his convictions. Hopefully now he'll have a conviction, lose his license, and be right where he wasn't a everyone else: deprived of rights.

:D:D:D

He said he frequently carries a pistol. He has a license but the license does not matter under the strict state law Ferguson helped pass.

I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Kennedy

couple passages jumped out at me:
"At about 4:15 p.m. on Thursday, police acted on a pair of anonymous 911 tips. A battalion of cops quickly swarmed the school. The brigade included over a dozen squad cars, the SWAT team and K9 units. The Erie County Sheriff’s Air One helicopter and what appears to be an armored vehicle also turned up."

"The school was immediately placed on lockdown. Parts of two streets were closed.

About 60 students who were still on campus participating in after-school activities were funneled to the cafeteria.

Cops searched the school room by room and would not let parents on campus until they were satisfied that no shooting threat existed."

--
2 separate anonymous 911 calls? How fishy does that smell? Makes me think he's made of habit of 'forgetting' he has his handgun and a political opponent took advantage of it.

Be interesting to see how they prosecute it, particularly when he did not disclose that he was the reason for all the activity. As a proponent (bit vague - was he an author of the proposed legislation?) of the change to make this a felony, the 'I didn't mean to' excuse isn't suppose to fly, even if it's quite possible that he didn't mean to. It would be quite shameful if he retains his carry permit afterwards. (I wouldn't take away the guns, but if that's the expected penalty in NY, it should apply).

At this 4:30 hour, you have very few people left around at school. It shouldn't be that hard to find everyone without such a dramatic LOCKDOWN. It shouldn't have taken very long at all to cover the grounds. Or perhaps those anonymous tippers could have been more helpful?

I find it interesting that politicians focus on the appearance of a weapon rather than the function. We went through this with the Clinton Gun Ban. Ten years later, it was clear that it had no effect. Somehow, the lack of drive-by bayoneting before the ban did not change after the ban eliminated bayonet lugs.

Guns don't kill people. Bayonet lugs and collapsible stocks kill people.

:S

I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

PiLFy

That AR pic is too funny. Let me guess. NY banned pistol grips? Idiots...

Serves Gun Control Dude right. Hope the Press makes sure he IS prosecuted, & not given a pass. Jackwagon.

Yes
Among the banned features such as pistol grips are flash hiders, and removable replaceable magazines

but this "new" rifle has the same function and fire power of the scarry looking rifles that are now banned
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Hmmmm....

My precision air rifle has an adjustable stock, pistol grip, and a 'bloop tube' that is very similar to a flash suppressor.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

California has a ban on "assault weapons", magazines that hold over ten rounds, and "unsafe" handguns. The supposed wish list of gun control advocates when it comes to restricting what anyone can own. (as distinct from the discussion of who is allowed to own any type of firearm.)

So state politicians are happy right? Of course they're not happy. They endlessly continue to try and expand the scope of the "assault weapon" definition, expand the definition of a magazine that holds over ten rounds*, and expand the definition of what an "unsafe" handgun is. It's not that they really don't know the difference between form and function, it's just their way of going after everything they can get away with. Their idea of compromise is "We get half of what we want now, the other half next year, and the year after that we'll think of some more stuff and push for that too."

*not making this up, there was a bill last year here that was trying to ban magazines that appeared to be able to hold more than 10 rounds, even if they couldn't.

PiLFy

"...and removable replaceable magazines"

Huh? They banned clips??

In some cases
I others they were limited to 7 rounds
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

kelpdiver

It would be quite shameful if he retains his carry permit afterwards. (I wouldn't take away the guns, but if that's the expected penalty in NY, it should apply).

This is a felony offense, instead of a misdemeanor, thanks to his own lobbying. And as a convicted felon, he will be forbidden to possess any guns. So they're going to have to be confiscated. And he should approve of that, because it's what he champions.

At about 4:15 p.m. on Thursday, police acted on a pair of anonymous 911 tips. A battalion of cops quickly swarmed the school. The brigade included over a dozen squad cars, the SWAT team and K9 units. The Erie County Sheriff’s Air One helicopter and what appears to be an armored vehicle also turned up.

WTF over the top or what?:S

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

PiLFy

That AR pic is too funny. Let me guess. NY banned pistol grips? Idiots...

Not New York . . . Gov. Cuomo is the dipshit here. The citizenry, law enforcement community and local communites/towns are deeply opposed to the SAFE Act.
"Even in a world where perfection is unattainable, there's still a difference between excellence and mediocrity." Gary73

shropshire

At about 4:15 p.m. on Thursday, police acted on a pair of anonymous 911 tips. A battalion of cops quickly swarmed the school. The brigade included over a dozen squad cars, the SWAT team and K9 units. The Erie County Sheriff’s Air One helicopter and what appears to be an armored vehicle also turned up.

WTF over the top or what?:S

The tips were probably something like: "There's a man with gun going into a school!"

Given the past school shootings, they SHOULD react with everything they've got. If it had been someone with evil intent, we don't want to be asking later; "Why didn't you send everything you had?" Better to be safe over one harmless idiot, then to be sorry over a mass murderer of children.

NovaTTT

***That AR pic is too funny. Let me guess. NY banned pistol grips? Idiots...

Not New York . . . Gov. Cuomo is the dipshit here. The citizenry, law enforcement community and local communites/towns are deeply opposed to the SAFE Act.

Seems that poll data on that question are mixed:

https://www.google.com/#q=polls+%22ny+safe+act%22

Andy9o8

******That AR pic is too funny. Let me guess. NY banned pistol grips? Idiots...

Seems that poll data on that question are mixed:

https://www.google.com/#q=polls+%22ny+safe+act%22

the Quinnipiac Poll was in April of 13, the other one, RBJ was done about 2 weeks ago. I don't see the "mixed" that you speak of.

The article is even titled "A year later, most oppose NY SAFE Act - Rochester Business Journal "
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Andy9o8

There are several other polls and articles in the hit, not just those 2. Keep reading.

So . . . just keep reading about polls until your point is proven, then stop, right?

turtlespeed

***There are several other polls and articles in the hit, not just those 2. Keep reading.

So . . . just keep reading about polls until your point is proven, then stop, right?

Not at all. It really is pretty evenly split.

This isn't just guessing on my part. I grew up in upstate New York. Like many states, New York is really very much a Purple State, not unlike, for example, Illinois, with large urban centers, lots of suburbs and huge rural areas. Some liberal areas, both lots of moderates and LOTS of conservatives. The politics reflect that; state-wide, the Dems and Repubs are about evenly matched in both raw numbers of voters and power. So, prevailing attitudes in NY on a statewide basis on just about everything, including gun laws, reflect that.

NovaTTT

***That AR pic is too funny. Let me guess. NY banned pistol grips? Idiots...

OK, mail him news clippings of Colorado's recent double recall votes, & see him in November B|.