Boogers

Guns versus Marijuana

kelpdiver

other people may have totally other reasons - I know a lot that really like to taste wines. And they hate the effects. They like the tastings, where it's ok to spit it out.

The primary reason for spitting is to maintain ability to taste. If you're doing a lot of different tastings in an afternoon, you need to spit or the second/third dozen will start to taste like "wine." Aside from that reason, I think it would be atypical to find spitters. I've never seen someone spit/drink their way through a glass of wine.

Gee Gosh Perfessor - thanks for the definitions. I must have been totally mixed up when I said taste and 'tastings'. If I had known what they were, I would have said something different, like 'taste' or 'tastings' :S

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

At least you got away from absolutes,

Most people with an IQ above retarded have the ability to understand statements made in general.

But I still hold that most of the people who claim to drink for taste are lying to themselves.

lol, yes I am sure most are closet alcoholics :S

But you holding that opinion still doesn't disprove what I stated. Unless you now come up with your magical data about all those pot smokers who are doing it for the taste :D

Unless of course you are trying to imply that pot smokers are inherently more honest than those who have a glass of wine with dinner.

SkyDekker

But I still hold that most of the people who claim to drink for taste are lying to themselves.

(Talk about a guy who just likes to argue)

And talk about absolutes - there's a pretty big chasm between 'drinks for taste' and 'closet alcoholics,' unless you're accepting that definition of alcoholic as one drink per day.

But you holding that opinion still doesn't disprove what I stated. Unless you now come up with your magical data about all those pot smokers who are doing it for the taste :D

Unless of course you are trying to imply that pot smokers are inherently more honest than those who have a glass of wine with dinner.

The people I associate with are equally honest about each. None attempt to put themselves on a higher ground.

PiLFy

OK. Here's one: [Url]http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/01/chris-dumm/medical-marijuana-ccw-update-scotus-declines-cert/[/url] There are others.

[Url]http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/05/robert-farago/atf-to-pot-smokers-no-guns-for-you-dude/[/url]

These show the status quo - that people are still in a legal trap with the feds. Fortunately, prosecutions for false 4473s has been nonexistent for the past 3 presidents, back to when the Brady Bill first came. But that could change with a single executive decision. Obama/Holder have flip flopped a few times, and with the next GOP administration, who knows what you'll get.

kelpdiver

and with the next GOP administration, who knows what you'll get.

You could get this: A man has all his guns confiscated because of a 40-year-old marijuana misdemeanor:

http://www.offthegridnews.com/2014/02/07/police-barge-into-home-and-confiscate-mans-guns-by-mistake/

This is why gun owners are opposed to gun registration. They'll come after you, even though you've done nothing wrong.

SkyDekker

At least you got away from absolutes,

Most people with an IQ above retarded have the ability to understand statements made in general.

***But I still hold that most of the people who claim to drink for taste are lying to themselves.

You must never have tasted blueberry kush.

Heavenly is one of the few words to describe it. :ph34r:

kelpdiver

OK. Here's one: [Url]http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/01/chris-dumm/medical-marijuana-ccw-update-scotus-declines-cert/[/url] There are others.

[Url]http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/05/robert-farago/atf-to-pot-smokers-no-guns-for-you-dude/[/url]

These show the status quo - that people are still in a legal trap with the feds. Fortunately, prosecutions for false 4473s has been nonexistent for the past 3 presidents, back to when the Brady Bill first came. But that could change with a single executive decision. Obama/Holder have flip flopped a few times, and with the next GOP administration, who knows what you'll get.

A LOT could change w/a single Executive Decision. They wouldn't like what it got them... That's the entire point of the SA. Schmarht Guys, those Founding Fathers.