Andy9o8

Props to CVS; will end tobacco sales

DanG

That's like saying an asbestos mine doesn't have to worry about health and safety, cause it was an asbestos mine when the employee got hired.

I don't think that's a very good analogy. A better analogy would be if a worker hired onto an asbestos mine (with safety precautions in place), then later complained that asbestos is too dangerous to work around.

Your line of thinking would result in the closure of all dropzones.
TM: "You want me jump out of a plane?!? That's unsafe!"
DZO: "But that's what you got hired to do."
TM: "But my right to a safe and healthy workplace trumps all."

Excellent, so with smoking in a restaurant, what safety precautions are there in place for the staff?

Would they be allowed ot wear the same respirators as they wear in asbestos mines?

Or do you think a waitress might get fired if she showed up to work with one?

Excellent, so with smoking in a restaurant, what safety precautions are there in place for the staff?

Would they be allowed ot wear the same respirators as they wear in asbestos mines?

You're missing my point. I think people should have the right to sign up to work in a marginally unsafe environment, so long as the employer is upfront about the risks and safety measures.

- Dan G

DanG

You're missing my point. I think people should have the right to sign up to work in a marginally unsafe environment, so long as the employer is upfront about the risks and safety measures.

I agree with you.

Just don't agree that second hand smoke is marginally unsafe.

Just don't agree that second hand smoke is marginally unsafe.

I guess that's the rub. It looks like you're in good company, since smoking is slowly being outlawed everywhere.

Note: I don't smoke and never have, besides an occasional cigar.

- Dan G

DanG

But Skydekker knows what is best for you. Yo will comply, resistance is futile.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

Yup, turtle soup is best for you.

SkyDekker

Open up, I just made a batch.:o

:D:D:D:P
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

Open up, I just made a batch.:o

:D:D:D:P

Ummm...turtle soup involves a dead turtle. I think you are offering 'cream of turtle'...NOT the same.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.