cryptocoin

To vaccinate or not to vaccinate?

>It shows 69 shots being given to kids, not 16.

Here are the current vaccines given to kids in the US. I count 14 vaccinations, 34 shots.

1. Diphtheria and tetanus toxoid with acellular pertussis vaccine 2, 4, 6, 15-18 months; 4-6 years
2. Hepatitis A vaccine 12-23 months
3. Hepatitis B vaccine birth; 1-2, 6-18 months
4. Haemophilus influenzae type b vaccine 2, 4, 6, 12-15 months
5. Human Papillomavirus vaccine 11-12 years; 3 doses
6. Influenza 6-59 months; > 50 years; And some risk groups
7. Inactivated polio vaccine 2, 4, 6-18 months; 4-6 years
8. Meningococcal C conjugate vaccine 11-12 years; And other risk groups
9. Measles mumps and rubella vaccine 12-15 months; 4-6 years
10. Pneumococcal conjugate vaccine 2, 4, 6, 12-15 months; Also given to high risk groups after 15 months
11. Pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine >=2 years and some high risk groups
12. Rotavirus vaccine 2, 4, 6 months; or 2, 4 months depending on the vaccine
13. Tetanus and diphtheria toxoids and acellular pertussis vaccine 11-12 years
14. Varicella vaccine 12-18 months; 4-6 years; also susceptible adults

You've made up your mind to ignore science, math, and statistics in favor of... whatever you base your decisions on. You do not appear to be asking for information; it looks like you asked a question just so you can attack answers you don't agree with and proselytize your own views.

Quick question: can you imagine ANYTHING that ANYONE can say that might make you change your mind? (as it is clear you have already decided)
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Kennedy

You've made up your mind to ignore science, math, and statistics in favor of... whatever you base your decisions on. You do not appear to be asking for information; it looks like you asked a question just so you can attack answers you don't agree with and proselytize your own views.

Quick question: can you imagine ANYTHING that ANYONE can say that might make you change your mind? (as it is clear you have already decided)

+1
Never try to eat more than you can lift

Sounds like you are well on your way to making an informed decision. Glad the chaff being thrown around here didn't cloud your vision. I would beg to differ w/your view on the Polio vaccine, though. I too, used to know someone who got a mild case of it as a child. As I've stated previously, it's a cost/benefit scenario. Polio isn't something to play with. We live in an era where People routinely fly here in matter of hours from Third World countries. That Vaccine is very safe. Your Child wouldn't be getting the older style oral version. Serious complications from the IVP vaccine given in this country are extremely rare.

Best of luck in your decisions.

Southern_Man

"So where did you get the 175-200 number? Did you just make it up?

[B]Honest mistake. I could've sworn I'd read 175 shots, somewhere. No, I didn't just make it up. I'd initially said that I haven't researched this topic in great detail. Do try to pay attention.

Your link shows 69 shots but still only 16 diseases being vaccinated.

Which vaccines do you think are causing which problems?

[B]Hey Einstein, have you considered that it might be the frequency, & not a specific vaccine? 69 Shots are 69 Shots. That's a Hell of a lot more than 16... Each one is a further roll of the dice w/their immune systems.

Do you have any sources linking vaccines to autism?"

[B]That's a BS question, & you know it. I've already answered this. Read my posts, & for the last time: go argue w/someone else. I've zero interest in what you choose to do in this matter. Argumentative ignorant People, defending their uninformed views, are why more people don't bother w/this forum. For example, read my reply to WRJoe. It's a discussion, not a confrontation. Now, kindly go text in a movie theater...

So you posted incorrect and misleading information, still have no scientific studies to back up any of your suspicions, and get angry when somebody points these facts out and attack that person? And then you want to point out that it is a discussion and call me argumentative and ignorant?

OK, whether vaccines cause problems or not is a matter of evidence and proof, not simple opinion. I have no issues with you personally (except for you apparently wishing me to be killed) and honestly fail to see where I have been argumentative in any way. I've simply posted evidence and challenged you to do the same.

Using bold print, & being obtuse doesn't make you right. It just makes you obtuse... I'm done w/your BS. The OP got the message, & saw through you, too.

billvon

>It shows 69 shots being given to kids, not 16.

Here are the current vaccines given to kids in the US. I count 14 vaccinations, 34 shots.

1. Diphtheria and tetanus toxoid with acellular pertussis vaccine 2, 4, 6, 15-18 months; 4-6 years
2. Hepatitis A vaccine 12-23 months
3. Hepatitis B vaccine birth; 1-2, 6-18 months
4. Haemophilus influenzae type b vaccine 2, 4, 6, 12-15 months
5. Human Papillomavirus vaccine 11-12 years; 3 doses
6. Influenza 6-59 months; > 50 years; And some risk groups
7. Inactivated polio vaccine 2, 4, 6-18 months; 4-6 years
8. Meningococcal C conjugate vaccine 11-12 years; And other risk groups
9. Measles mumps and rubella vaccine 12-15 months; 4-6 years
10. Pneumococcal conjugate vaccine 2, 4, 6, 12-15 months; Also given to high risk groups after 15 months
11. Pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine >=2 years and some high risk groups
12. Rotavirus vaccine 2, 4, 6 months; or 2, 4 months depending on the vaccine
13. Tetanus and diphtheria toxoids and acellular pertussis vaccine 11-12 years
14. Varicella vaccine 12-18 months; 4-6 years; also susceptible adults

It's 69 shots through age 18. Read the Link...

cryptocoin

My wife actually got whooping cough when she was a child, guess when? Immediately after being vaccinated for it.

her respiratory system has not been 100% since.

Do you even understand how vaccines work?

That the immunity they create doesn't start immediately after the shot is administered?
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

the op isn't ignoring science, he is questioning the drug culture pervasive in the us. and rightly so, how many children are at risk of hep a or b at that age? i would venture that the math and statistics are in his favor there at least. and as for the rest of them, the hpv vaccine has been coming under increasing fire of late, look it up. the vaccine's creator has even come out in opposition to it. and the flu vaccine is arguably one of the worst ideas to come along in a while. i say arguably because again, the drug companies are making boatloads of money from it, and they are the ones funding studies and pushing it in the doctors' literature.

Arvoitus

Using bold print...

He quoted your mess of a post which caused his response to be bolded and probably just didn't proof read to notice it. Its your fault, own up to it.

Do they have legalized Marijuana where you live? How is it my fault he used bold print?? My reply didn't come out in bold print.

sfzombie13

the op isn't ignoring science, he is questioning the drug culture pervasive in the us. and rightly so, how many children are at risk of hep a or b at that age? i would venture that the math and statistics are in his favor there at least. and as for the rest of them, the hpv vaccine has been coming under increasing fire of late, look it up. the vaccine's creator has even come out in opposition to it. and the flu vaccine is arguably one of the worst ideas to come along in a while. i say arguably because again, the drug companies are making boatloads of money from it, and they are the ones funding studies and pushing it in the doctors' literature.

Don't confuse them w/facts. They're on a tear :P...

Your post had an open {b} at the end, causing his post to be bolded.

Either you, or the DZ.com software, inserted a lone {/b} at the beginning of your post ridiculing his bolding.

Either way, yes, your unclosed {b} caused his post to be bolded. He could have previewed and noticed, but didn't.

Either way, too, how in the heck does it matter?

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

Your post had an open {b} at the end, causing his post to be bolded.

Either you, or the DZ.com software, inserted a lone {/b} at the beginning of your post ridiculing his bolding.

Either way, yes, your unclosed {b} caused his post to be bolded. He could have previewed and noticed, but didn't.

Either way, too, how in the heck does it matter?

Wendy P.

He blamed me for something I didn't do. Beats me, Wendy. Petty excuses for starting a row. In SC? Who'd a thunk...

Autism figures have changed from 1 in 10000 people in 1980 to more than 1 in 50 people now days...

Bullshit.

Vaccines are made with crude methods using animal genes such as birds eggs and monkeys kidneys and contain metals such as mercury and aluminium...

Bullshit.

It seem the science behind them is seriously flawed.

Bullshit.

It is a tough subject,

It's an easy subject. Vaccines work, vaccines are safe. Anti-vaccination hysteria is based around a mixture of anecdote and pure myth hyped up by science journalists with no knowledge of the fields they are reporting in.

The UK's Measles, Mumps & Rubella (MMR) scare, for instance, was based on the massively flawed work of one doctor who was later disbarred for multiple ethics violations in the course of his 'research' and was cynically rehashed over and over again in the media long after it was conclusively debunked.

Try reading this and this and see if the video still sounds so convincing.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

One parent was even told that their child was a threat to those at the school that were vaccinated? I do not see the logic in that. this seems like scare tactics. if the vaccines work than how can an un vaccinated child pose a threat to vaccinated children?

Research 'herd immunity'.

It is quite clear that some people have seriously adverse reactions to the vaccines and the medical fraternity seems to be more interested in covering that up than isolating what may be the cause of this or who is more susceptible.

Bullshit.

Iago

Is there a reason to vaccinate newborns and young kids for sexually transmitted diseases?

I'm asking out of interest, not confrontation.

I could tell you about some of the conversations I've had re the uselessness of the Pap vaccine outside the US, but that's not the point here.

I'm unaware of any vaccines given to newborns and young kids for STD's. The HPV vaccine is given to 11-12 year olds, this is the age that a small percentage first have sex. I had my daughter receive the HPV vaccine at 12, outside of all the horrible consequences of a child having sex, beginning the sequence that could result in cancer should not be one of them.

"I'm asking out of interest, not confrontation."

Wrong place for THAT attitude :P.

Hepatitis can be spread other ways besides sexual activity. I'm unfamiliar w/the HPV vaccine. So, I don't have an opinion on its safety. I can tell you that kids are hitting puberty earlier than in years past. I've seen a lot of young girls enter menses by 10yoa. Doesn't hurt to be safe, IF it's safe.

I am reading plently of stories of people that have experienced serious illness and death immediately after vaccination and the medical fraternity dening any such link to the vaccines but also giving no explanation to the illness or death.

Correlation does not imply causation. Sometimes kids get sick, sometimes they die, for absolutely no reason. Sounds crazy, but it's true.

Now, simply because of the schedule of vaccinations if an infant or toddler dies or begins to exhibit autistic symptoms it will likely be in some relative proximity to a vaccination. That doesn't mean the vaccination had any connection to it, it's just that almost everyone that age has vaccinations.

Example, if every kid born in the USA in 2013 was given the 5-in-1 vaccine (polio, tetanus etc) at 2 months old, within a month 1,700 of them will die. Because, on average, that's how often infants die. But they had a jab recently, so guess what gets blamed?

cryptocoin

So having children soon and have had conflicting stories.

Autism figures have changed from 1 in 10000 people in 1980 to more than 1 in 50 people now days...

Vaccines are made with crude methods using animal genes such as birds eggs and monkeys kidneys and contain metals such as mercury and aluminium...

Please give your educated opinion, does anyone have experience with adverse side effects, false/poor advice from medical practitioners?

It is a tough subject, this video has me swayed against vaccinations. It seem the science behind them is seriously flawed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1m3TjokVU4

I'm all for not vaccinating! We haven't had a good die-off really since the black death! Shutting down the herd immunity and going back to most people dying before they're 40 will do wonders for the overpopulation problem! And think of how much it will save social security!

Oh yeah, I'm also evil. Dunno if I mentioned it...
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

Metals such as aluminium and mercury are commonly used in vaccines.some might say that these are part of our daily diet but it has also been shown that we might absorb 0.05% of aluminium we would ingest in our diet where an injection would deliver 100%.

Oh no, you might be given 100% of aluminium!!!

Seriously, have you even thought about what that means (or more specifically, doesn't mean)?

we can listen to high paid chemists all we want but there are ample examples of perfectly healthy children falling ill immediately after taking these vaccines.

Of course there are. Children get ill.

cryptocoin

we can listen to high paid chemists all we want but there are ample examples of perfectly healthy children falling ill immediately after taking these vaccines.

Billions of people have fallen ill within days of eating.

I'll keep it simple: there's up to a 10% chance that my kid will die of a preventable disease without vaccination. There's a less than 1% risk of autism from taking vaccinations, assuming the doom and gloomers are correct.

Which choice is prudent?

My wife is hotter than your wife.

it is simply insane to have that many shots at those ages (i don't have the numbers, but it is over 15x what it was in my childhood).

You think? Approximately how many shots do you think you had, as best you can remember?

i say, do the research you can, and DO NOT listen to most doctors or studies.

So what the heck are you researching? The back of a cereal box?

i perfectly understand the need for vaccinations, but i also understand the way most of the sheep in this country just believe anything that the so-called "experts" say. for example, look at what's happening in my area, big time chemical spill, then the experts come up with safe levels of said chemical in the water. then they say it's safe, and people start flushing out the systems and their plumbing comes apart due to the "safe" water. and turns out that they have been coming up with standards based on the WRONG chemical. and have you heard anything about the situation anywhere on the news lately?

That would be hilarious if it wasn't so tragic.

You think you're some lone ranger fighting for the truth you won't hear on the news? Vaccine hysteria is created and perpetuated by the mass media. And I don't hold the media up as public enemy number 1 like some people here do so when I blame them for something I really mean it.

You've fallen hook line and sinker for scare stories based on false data, misunderstood statistics and anecdote masquerading as fact that's been fed to you by people who don't understand it and whose priority is to report what's sensational rather than what's true.