cryptocoin

To vaccinate or not to vaccinate?

Stumpy

And chemtrails. Don't forget chemtrails.

From a standpoint of population health-safety and benefit, it does not matter much if you are a shit-fuck chemtrailer/chemtard, apollo hoaxer, anti-fluoride water moron, HAARPist, truther, etc. "believing" those things does no one else any real harm and even provides entertainment for people who base their decisions on science, logic and reality.

But vaccine-autism, or any blanket anti-vaccine people are a problem, their decision to NOT vaccinate, their protests and pseudoscience cause other weak minded, easily manipulated people to do the same. This decrease herd immunity, and increases the risk of deadly diseases killing more people.

Some friends of mine have a child who recently had a slight reaction to a vaccine and had a funny interaction:

Wife: "this sucks" (hugs husband as they look over their child)
Husband: (Hugs back) "Yeah... know what really sucks? Polio"

The child had a slightly elevated fever for a day or two, and was awake crying, but it went away with zero lasting effects, other than, you know, being FUCKING IMMUNE FROM MULTIPLE GROTESQUE, DEBILITATING, DEADLY DISEASES.

Calvin19

***And chemtrails. Don't forget chemtrails.

From a standpoint of population health-safety and benefit, it does not matter much if you are a shit-fuck chemtrailer/chemtard, apollo hoaxer, anti-fluoride water moron, HAARPist, truther, etc. "believing" those things does no one else any real harm and even provides entertainment for people who base their decisions on science, logic and reality.

But vaccine-autism, or any blanket anti-vaccine people are a problem, their decision to NOT vaccinate, their protests and pseudoscience cause other weak minded, easily manipulated people to do the same. This decrease herd immunity, and increases the risk of deadly diseases killing more people.

Some friends of mine have a child who recently had a slight reaction to a vaccine and had a funny interaction:

The child had a slightly elevated fever for a day or two, and was awake crying, but it went away with zero lasting effects, other than, you know, being FUCKING IMMUNE FROM MULTIPLE GROTESQUE, DEBILITATING, DEADLY DISEASES.

Jenny hates you.
Remster

>I keep hearing, 'there are no studies linking vaccines to autism' and there is only one
>study linking vaccines to autism' etc.

There is only one study. It was by Andrew Wakefield, and he published it because he was being paid by the lawyers in a suit against a drug company to do so.

Once the Lancet found out they retracted the article and apologized. Thus that study is no longer valid.

>Whether or not the studies are conclusive in either direction, they have been done.

Yes. That one was done - and then retracted because the researcher lied. Since then there have been dozens of studies, including studies by the CDC, the American Academy of Pediatrics, the Institute of Medicine of the US National Academy of Sciences, the UK National Health Service, the Cochrane Library and the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program. None found a link.

So to date there is no study pointing to a link between autism and vaccination.

Remster

******And chemtrails. Don't forget chemtrails.

Jenny hates you.

Oh... burn...
You mean that prostitute that was on tv, like, before I was born? :)

-SPACE-

I keep hearing, 'there are no studies linking vaccines to autism' and there is only one study linking vaccines to autism' etc.

No, you don't. If anything, you're cherry-picking to try to score a debate point. Weak.

Post # 15 Southern man "The one studied which said they did has been totally discredited."

Post # 18 Southern man "There are dozens of studies showing no relationship between vaccination and autism. There is one study showing a relationship, the Wakefield study. That one was based on fraudulent data, was withdrawn by the Lancet, and the researcher was stripped of his medical license."

Post # 23 Southern man "There are literally no studies except the Wakefield one which show any link between vaccines and autism."

post # 31 jclalor "The idiot that started the autism and vaccine link bullshit has been totally discredited"

post # 40 Southern man "So you posted incorrect and misleading information, still have no scientific studies to back up any of your suspicions"

all of these are addressed in the video posted in the original post.

These people have conducted serious studies and have found links.

others have conducted serious studies and found no link.

I really do not see how this subject is not open to discussion and it really is quite sad and amusing at the same time to see adults get so hung up about other people having a difference of opinion.

I have never once stated that I am not going to vaccinate, I have said we are considering it, we are considering not vaccinating as much as we are considering vaccinating.

It is good to see such enthusiasm but for Pete's sake why do some people have to be so damning.

Remster

Her 1st role was in 94 according to IMdB... She ain't that old, and you ain't that young.

As far as being a purveyor of personal services, you obviously have inside intel. :ph34r:

Not that young? Shit shit shit... you're right. But I think I'm still a few years away from being a dirty old man. :P

Wiki says she was born in '72. Jenny probably was hot, but I was not a TV kid. and I was 9 years old in '94.

holy crap just googled "jenny mccarthy video" and Xvideo came up. May have watched it. Not bad, but looks like the 80s.

-SPACE-

cryptocoin

I really do not see how this subject is not open to discussion and it really is quite sad and amusing at the same time to see adults get so hung up about other people having a difference of opinion.

As a non-expert that has done nothing but browse the reptilian/conspiracy section of the internet you are actually NOT entitled to your opinion, and technically speaking, neither am I. But I'm not voicing an opinion, I am communicating the conclusions of centuries of vaccine research, statistics, and implementation.

https://theconversation.com/no-youre-not-entitled-to-your-opinion-9978

-SPACE-

Autism figures have changed from 1 in 10000 people in 1980 to more than 1 in 50 people now days...

Bullshit.

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nhsr/nhsr065.pdf

Based on parent reports, the
prevalence of diagnosed ASD in
2011–2012 was estimated to be 2.00%
for children aged 6–17. This prevalence
estimate (1 in 50) is significantly higher
than the estimate (1.16%, or 1 in 86) for
children in that age group in 2007.

Vaccines are made with crude methods using animal genes such as birds eggs and monkeys kidneys and contain metals such as mercury and aluminium...

Bullshit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_vaccine_ingredients

It seem the science behind them is seriously flawed.

Bullshit.

http://www.vaccinationcouncil.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Goldman-SummaryofChickenpoxVaccine1.pdf

“Prior to the universal varicella vaccination program, 95% of adults experienced natural chickenpox (usually as school aged children)—these cases were usually benign and resulted in long term immunity. This high percentage of individuals having long term immunity has been compromised by mass vaccination of children which provides at best 70 to 90% immunity that is temporary and of unknown duration—shifting chickenpox to a more vulnerable adult population where chickenpox carries 20 times more risk of death and 15 times more risk of hospitalization compared to children. Add to this the adverse effects of both the chickenpox and shingles vaccines as well as the potential for increased risk of shingles for an estimated 30 to 50 years among adults. The Universal Varicella (Chickenpox) Vaccination Program now requires booster vaccines; however, these are less effective than the natural immunity that existed in communities prior to licensure of the varicella vaccine.” - See more at: http://www.vaccinationcouncil.org/2012/07/05/herd-immunity-the-flawed-science-and-failures-of-mass-vaccination-suzanne-humphries-md-3/#sthash.1w0E13zg.dpuf

http://www.vaccinationcouncil.org/2012/07/05/herd-immunity-the-flawed-science-and-failures-of-mass-vaccination-suzanne-humphries-md-3/

Did you READ any of the CDC article you quickly linked thinking they supported your argument?

Vaccines are made with crude methods using animal genes such as birds eggs and monkeys kidneys and contain metals such as mercury and aluminium...

this is an ambiguous appeal to emotion.

You should read and UNDERSTAND what you are reading before you cherry-pick out-of-context excerpts to use as your evidence.

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vac-gen/additives.htm

-SPACE-

Iago

Should we add yellow fever and typhoid to the US vaccination schedule? Is it necessary? If we do what is the reduction in risk of contraction? As I mentioned earlier, that's a subject of much debate.

Not really an option, currently. Hep A with a booster is good for at least 20 years if not life. Hep B after the 3 or 4 shot sequence is good for life. But the current Yellow Fever vaccine is only good for 10. And typhoid using the shot is good for only 2, and taking 4 pills orally over a week is only good for 5.

Did you READ any of the CDC article you quickly linked thinking they supported your argument?

Quote:

this is an ambiguous appeal to emotion.

You should read and UNDERSTAND what you are reading before you cherry-pick out-of-context excerpts to use as your evidence.

yeah I did it showed that 1 in 50 children of that age bracket get autism. Someone insinuated that was rubbish.

many vaccines are made in eggs, though the machinery to produce large quantities in the shortest time possible is expensive and technical, the process is quite crude.

Break open an egg, inject the virus, incubate, separate as much of the egg as you can... boom.

http://content.time.com/time/video/player/0,32068,60312463001_1951560,00.html

The metals and formaldehyde etc... these are just added later.

Firstly congratulations. As a new parent myself (Its been almost 15 months now) and also as a clinician I have found my stance on the whole vaccination issue has adjusted slightly since becoming a Father.
Secondly there is no link between Autism and the single MMR vaccination, the scare stemmed from a fraudulent paper by Andrew Wakefiled http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Wakefield publish in the Lancet. The paper and Wakefield himself have been thoroughly discredited and for good reason.
Prior to becoming a parent and even after I was totally convinced that the only road was the one to inoculations. So my wife and I got our daughter vaccinated. It was not a pleasant experience holding her as she got stuck with the needles. Then she was sick for three weeks with D&V and had a nasty reaction to the viral load which resulted in a sever skin reaction and rash which took months to clear. Having said that she is now fine and is protected against life changing and limiting disease.
My Sister did not get my Niece vaccinated and prior to my experience I was highly judgemental of her decision which I thought insane. Now I am more understanding of her decision and there were times in the weeks post inoculation where I thought maybe she was onto something (there is nothing worse than that feeling of helplessness when your child is very ill). The ideal situation would be herd immunisation which meant that you didn't have to jab you child. However that is not a responsible approach in the real world. Thanks to the irresponsible and criminal actions of Andy Wakefield we have seen herd immunity collapse in the UK in a number of areas and a return to deaths of children unprotected from measles. Although it was a difficult period, in hindsight I would still chose to vaccinate any further children of mine.
Hope this helps and good luck with parenthood.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

cryptocoin

many vaccines are made in eggs, though the machinery to produce large quantities in the shortest time possible is expensive and technical, the process is quite crude.

Break open an egg, inject the virus, incubate, separate as much of the egg as you can... boom.

The metals and formaldehyde etc... these are just added later.

Crude is the word I would use for your laymen understanding of the vaccine manufacture process and medicine in general, but that's just an observation. It's more complicated than what you illustrated there, but just for entertainments sake let's leave it at that.

So You can (kinda) recognize some of the ingredients and tools used to make vaccines. Do you want a cookie? You should look into the manufacturing process of pretty much anything else that people consume and get back to us.

-SPACE-

> The ideal situation would be herd immunisation which meant that you didn't have to jab you child.

Agreed, that would be great. Unfortunately the only way to do that is to make everyone ELSE get vaccinations, which of course isn't a viable solution.

An even better method is to get the rate of vaccination up high enough worldwide that the disease is eradicated. Then you can eliminate vaccinations for that disease altogether.

I agree with you.

Anyone who brings serious illness into our community due to not vaccinating their kids is likely to get a very rude wakeup call. I sincerely hope these idiots don't kill too many more people.
Never try to eat more than you can lift

Here is what happens when children stop getting vaccinated:

http://www.nybooks.com/articles/archives/2014/feb/20/syrias-polio-epidemic-suppressed-truth/

So instead of infecting Children with Autism the ruthless dictator decided withhold vaccines to weaken them... Why wouldn't he just infect them all with Autism using injections people take voluntarily?

Don't be a fucking idiot and get the vaccines for your children. Chances are Syrian refugees will enter all of our countries and send their children to kindergarten with yours.