cryptocoin

To vaccinate or not to vaccinate?

RonD1120

I'm not sure the SC is the place for that sort of guidance. You and your wife should discuss this issue with your family, your pastor and competent professionals. You should have some physicians in your church.

Why in the world would you discuss childhood vaccinations with your pastor? You are aware of how that worked out for the folks who listened to Kenneth Copeland.

PiLFy

Nowadays, Kids are being bombarded by waves of assaults on their immune systems. Last count I read, was a total of 175 vaccinations.

Two hundred Vaccinations is another matter, entirely.

Do you have a source for anybody recommending 175-200 vaccines?

The CDC says they recommend 16: http://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/vaccines/multiplevaccines.html
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

Don't know you, & don't care to argue... I've already stated my opinions in this thread. You, & the OP, are free to make up your own minds about it. I do hope you're not blindly trusting your Govt. to not lie to you about this, though. You know how many absolute bogus studies I've seen in my day? All of those Studies bought & paid for by monied interests. Big Pharm & their big Govt. friends have vested interests that aren't inline w/ours.

It sucks that your child, or even worse the child of someone else may suffer or die because or your inability to grasp even simple science. The idiot that started the autism and vaccine link bullshit has been totally discredited, they removed thimerosal from vaccines and it made no difference.

Southern_Man

*** Nowadays, Kids are being bombarded by waves of assaults on their immune systems. Last count I read, was a total of 175 vaccinations.

The CDC says they recommend 16: http://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/vaccines/multiplevaccines.html

Fair enough. I just found this w/a quick search: how many vaccinations do u.s. children/receive?

It shows 69 shots being given to kids, not 16. When I was a Child. I only received the 16. 69 is still more than 400% more... My point stands, along w/the others I've made. I've been in health care for almost twenty years, now. I've made my conclusions. You're welcome to yours.

PiLFy

****** Nowadays, Kids are being bombarded by waves of assaults on their immune systems. Last count I read, was a total of 175 vaccinations.

Fair enough. I just found this w/a quick search: how many vaccinations do u.s. children/receive?

It shows 69 shots being given to kids, not 16. When I was a Child. I only received the 16. 69 is still more than 400% more... My point stands, along w/the others I've made. I've been in health care for almost twenty years, now. I've made my conclusions. You're welcome to yours.

I actually vaccinate children on a routine basis using this:

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/schedules/hcp/imz/child-adolescent.html

Perhaps you can pick out a few of them that you wouldn't mind seeing your child contract.

PiLFy

****** Nowadays, Kids are being bombarded by waves of assaults on their immune systems. Last count I read, was a total of 175 vaccinations.

So where did you get the 175-200 number? Did you just make it up?

Your link shows 69 shots but still only 16 diseases being vaccinated.

Which vaccines do you think are causing which problems?

Do you have any sources linking vaccines to autism?

jclalor

********* Nowadays, Kids are being bombarded by waves of assaults on their immune systems. Last count I read, was a total of 175 vaccinations.

Perhaps you can pick out a few of them that you wouldn't mind seeing your child contract.

Then your hands are far from clean, & your bias is showing... Save your empty scare tactic for the ignorant. Save your taunts for someone who cares... Besides, your messiah Obamanos is gonna save us all, right :S???

PiLFy

************ Nowadays, Kids are being bombarded by waves of assaults on their immune systems. Last count I read, was a total of 175 vaccinations.

Then your hands are far from clean, & your bias is showing... Save your empty scare tactic for the ignorant. Save your taunts for someone who cares... Besides, your messiah Obamanos is gonna save us all, right :S???

I'll take sides with Louis Pasteur over the likes of Michelle Bachmann and Alex Jones any day.

"So where did you get the 175-200 number? Did you just make it up?

[B]Honest mistake. I could've sworn I'd read 175 shots, somewhere. No, I didn't just make it up. I'd initially said that I haven't researched this topic in great detail. Do try to pay attention.

[B]Hey Einstein, have you considered that it might be the frequency, & not a specific vaccine? 69 Shots are 69 Shots. That's a Hell of a lot more than 16... Each one is a further roll of the dice w/their immune systems.

Do you have any sources linking vaccines to autism?"

[B]That's a BS question, & you know it. I've already answered this. Read my posts, & for the last time: go argue w/someone else. I've zero interest in what you choose to do in this matter. Argumentative ignorant People, defending their uninformed views, are why more people don't bother w/this forum. For example, read my reply to WRJoe. It's a discussion, not a confrontation. Now, kindly go text in a movie theater...

jclalor

*************** Nowadays, Kids are being bombarded by waves of assaults on their immune systems. Last count I read, was a total of 175 vaccinations.

I'll take sides with Louis Pasteur over the likes of Michelle Bachmann and Alex Jones any day.

I never mentioned either of those people. Another BS response from a bullshitter. Carry on...

>it seems to me the risks far outweigh the benefits.

The risk of polio crippling your child isn't as bad as a completely unproven worry about autism?

This is probably a generational thing. My first grade teacher was crippled from a childhood case of polio. She could usually get around with a walker, but sometimes needed a wheelchair. Maybe if people today saw such examples they wouldn't wonder if vaccinations were worth it.

PiLFy

"So where did you get the 175-200 number? Did you just make it up?

[B]Honest mistake. I could've sworn I'd read 175 shots, somewhere. No, I didn't just make it up. I'd initially said that I haven't researched this topic in great detail. Do try to pay attention.

[B]Hey Einstein, have you considered that it might be the frequency, & not a specific vaccine? 69 Shots are 69 Shots. That's a Hell of a lot more than 16... Each one is a further roll of the dice w/their immune systems.

Do you have any sources linking vaccines to autism?"

[B]That's a BS question, & you know it. I've already answered this. Read my posts, & for the last time: go argue w/someone else. I've zero interest in what you choose to do in this matter. Argumentative ignorant People, defending their uninformed views, are why more people don't bother w/this forum. For example, read my reply to WRJoe. It's a discussion, not a confrontation. Now, kindly go text in a movie theater...

So you posted incorrect and misleading information, still have no scientific studies to back up any of your suspicions, and get angry when somebody points these facts out and attack that person? And then you want to point out that it is a discussion and call me argumentative and ignorant?

OK, whether vaccines cause problems or not is a matter of evidence and proof, not simple opinion. I have no issues with you personally (except for you apparently wishing me to be killed) and honestly fail to see where I have been argumentative in any way. I've simply posted evidence and challenged you to do the same.

There are literally no studies except the Wakefield one which show any link between vaccines and autism.

quite clearly you are wrong with that assertion.

If you actually cross checked your assumption with a google search you would learn otherwise...

and autism is not my only concern,

asthma, allergies and other long term adverse reactions have been found to be linked with vaccines.

Metals such as aluminium and mercury are commonly used in vaccines.some might say that these are part of our daily diet but it has also been shown that we might absorb 0.05% of aluminium we would ingest in our diet where an injection would deliver 100%.

we can listen to high paid chemists all we want but there are ample examples of perfectly healthy children falling ill immediately after taking these vaccines.

The polio vaccine that the bill gates foundation gave to third world children for example has been found to have given 50,000 people polio...

this is not cut as and dried as some of you might like to believe.

And Jenny McCarthy, well her child ot autism after receiving vaccine, she has the right to be concerned, don't you think?
I alrady posted a comprehensive video with many medical professionals that have conducted multiple studies on the link to vaccines and these illnesses.

Those that state there is only one study linking autism to vaccines are being ignorant.

and the studies claiming otherwise... well many are conducted by those Paid or directly employed by big pharma

cryptocoin

No, not trolling at all. Tjis is a serious debate and there are serious implicatons from both sides of the argument.

This thread falls right into your history of trolling and fixation on fighting mainstream convention on principle rather than on any facts.

One parent was even told that their child was a threat to those at the school that were vaccinated? I do not see the logic in that. this seems like scare tactics. if the vaccines work than how can an un vaccinated child pose a threat to vaccinated children?

It's too bad Marg is still around here to help non believers like yourself with actual factual data. The rates of whooping cough in recent years are probably a good illustration of the herd effect. It's this that actually lets many shitty parents get away with not vaccinating their kids. But it only takes a few more and it all falls apart.

the numbers again;

in 1980 it was 1 in 10,000 people, now it is 1 in 50...

Are you saying you believe that 9950 people in 10,000 were un-diagnosed before recent technology/diagnosis was implemented.

seriously?

Seriously? Your homework assignment is to review what you wrote and tell us how retarded it was. If you cannot, I support legislation to have you sterilized, or at least forbidden from ever teaching math to your kids, or making any decisions for them based on statistical data.

my daughter has done extensive research on this after having her own daughter. she has determined not to vaccinate on the schedule asked for today. it is simply insane to have that many shots at those ages (i don't have the numbers, but it is over 15x what it was in my childhood). i say, do the research you can, and DO NOT listen to most doctors or studies. almost all studies are paid for by drug companies, and who do you think benefits from the increased amount of them today? from totally skewed results to outright data fabrication. even doctors today do not have real information, almost all of it comes from pharmaceutical companies, either through studies paid for or literature inserted into medical texts.

i perfectly understand the need for vaccinations, but i also understand the way most of the sheep in this country just believe anything that the so-called "experts" say. for example, look at what's happening in my area, big time chemical spill, then the experts come up with safe levels of said chemical in the water. then they say it's safe, and people start flushing out the systems and their plumbing comes apart due to the "safe" water. and turns out that they have been coming up with standards based on the WRONG chemical. and have you heard anything about the situation anywhere on the news lately? may not be related, but it is the same thing with different agencies.

screw 'em, it's your kid, do what you feel is safe. nobody else has more of an interest in his/her safety. just asking the question and doing any research at all shows you'll be a good parent.

jclalor

***I'm not sure the SC is the place for that sort of guidance. You and your wife should discuss this issue with your family, your pastor and competent professionals. You should have some physicians in your church.

Why in the world would you discuss childhood vaccinations with your pastor? You are aware of how that worked out for the folks who listened to Kenneth Copeland.

As parents and part of a Christian family, it is important to have your family in prayerful agreement with you.

Kenneth Copeland is a Christian TV entertainer.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

This thread falls right into your history of trolling and fixation on fighting mainstream convention on principle rather than on any facts.

I am inclined to question everything.

You can see by the discussion that I am not the only one.

It's too bad Marg is still around here to help non believers like yourself with actual factual data. The rates of whooping cough in recent years are probably a good illustration of the herd effect. It's this that actually lets many shitty parents get away with not vaccinating their kids. But it only takes a few more and it all falls apart.

My wife actually got whooping cough when she was a child, guess when? Immediately after being vaccinated for it.

her respiratory system has not been 100% since.

Seriously? Your homework assignment is to review what you wrote and tell us how retarded it was. If you cannot, I support legislation to have you sterilized, or at least forbidden from ever teaching math to your kids, or making any decisions for them based on statistical data.

I stand corrected, I was tired, math is not my strong point but the implications remain the same.

Correct me if I am wrong but from 1980 until now you are 200 times more likely to be autistic?

1 in 10,000 > 1 in 50

This is a very significant shift and the statistics cannot be blown off a misdiagnosis.

cryptocoin

Correct me if I am wrong but from 1980 until now you are 200 times more likely to be autistic?

Or 200 times more likely to be diagnosed as such. The ADHD rates may have shown a similar increase, or even larger. Combination of increased definition (scope), increased actual rate (prevalence) and increased diagnosis.

so, either there is a much higher incidence of them, or they were way under diagnosed. or there could be a much higher rate of false diagnosis so that the industry can sell more medicine and make more money. this is what i choose to put faith in. they don't care about anything but money, if they actually cure a disease, they get no money to treat it. hence the debate against marijuana.