kallend

NC ultrasound law thrown out by judge

shropshire

good..... jeeze these people that come up with these ideas are arseholes>:(.. what next make the mother view the results?:S:S:S

That leaves Louisiana, Texas and Wisconsin with laws in effect similar to those passed in North Carolina and Oklahoma, according to the Guttmacher Institute, a research group that supports abortion rights.

In seven other states including Virginia, required ultrasounds must be offered for viewing to the patient before each abortion, according to the group.

For the most part, the governments in these states are controlled by the Republicans. The same party that claims to champion governmental non-interference in the affairs of its citizens.

Andy9o8

***good..... jeeze these people that come up with these ideas are arseholes>:(.. what next make the mother view the results?:S:S:S

That leaves Louisiana, Texas and Wisconsin with laws in effect similar to those passed in North Carolina and Oklahoma, according to the Guttmacher Institute, a research group that supports abortion rights.

In seven other states including Virginia, required ultrasounds must be offered for viewing to the patient before each abortion, according to the group.

For the most part, the governments in these states are controlled by the Republicans. The same party that claims to champion governmental non-interference in the affairs of its citizens.

Commentary attached.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I want Republicans off of my literal uterus (the one I'm buying and paying for now because the uterus is SO nobody's business they'll command that I buy one for myself).

I want Democrats off my figurative ass.

The former is far more likely to happen.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

kallend

Perhaps you should be more Constitutionally concerned with your hero Barry. Even a Chicago paper recognizes the problem.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/huntley/24935776-452/obama-flouts-the-constitution.html
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

perhaps you should consider that until you, and everyone else, quits trying to justify the actions of one party and denounce the other, and instead see that they are BOTH equally to blame for the state we are in now, then you are PART OF THE PROBLEM!

nothing personal against you, it applies equally to all who hold these beliefs.

Kinda weird that I denounce both parties and I'm told that I need to denounce both parties.

My issue is and has been that both parties insert themselves into my life. The Republicans want to control what goes on in the bedroom. The Democrats want to control what is going on in the bathroom. Both want control of my kitchen. They really want control of my office space and bank account.

Between the two, they've got all bases covered. Whatever freedoms the Democrats decide not to take the GOP will cover it. They are the yin and the yang of taking freedoms away.

I attack both sides. From a legal perspective, it looks like the Democrats are winning in their stripping of freedoms. The GOP is losing on all fronts (except the ones in which they are allied with the Dems, like fucking the 1st, 4th, 5th, 14th Amendments for security reasons).

My wife is hotter than your wife.

RonD1120

And Moloch smiles.

Their just glad that they still have recourse for their actions after the fact. Don't expend any effort to stop the issue in the first place.
C
But what do I know, "I only have one tandem jump."

airdvr

Perhaps you should be more Constitutionally concerned with your hero Barry. Even a Chicago paper recognizes the problem.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/huntley/24935776-452/obama-flouts-the-constitution.html

Last time I checked, the constitutionality of laws was decided by judges, not bloggers.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

Last time I checked, the constitutionality of laws was decided by judges, not bloggers.

Probably just as well if this site is a 'typical' blogging site:P

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

lawrocket

I want Republicans off of my literal uterus (the one I'm buying and paying for now because the uterus is SO nobody's business they'll command that I buy one for myself).

I want Democrats off my figurative ass.

The former is far more likely to happen.

but only due to the actions of "activist" judges.

no, i specifically said not against you personally, and i meant it. i was talking about those in here which do the bidding of their political controllers, spewing whatever soundbites are spoon fed to them. i must have replied to your post by mistake. carry on carrying on. sounds like you have the right idea anyway. i will admit to not having always agreed with you, but in general, i always did like your posts. now, i gotta figure out who i was replying to. to hell with it, nevermind.

YAY! This may become TMI, so warning.

Before an abortion an ultrasound is ALWAYS performed, we just do not force women to look at it against their will. It is part of the standard pre op exam. I worked for an abortion provider in my past, too.

I had an abortion, and looking at the u/s did nothing for me emotionally.
Skydiver Survivor; Battling Breast Cancer one jump at a time. DX June 19th 2014
I have been jumping since October 5th 2013.
https://pinkribbonskydiver.wordpress.com/

I think it depends on just how early the abortion, and possibly on the state as well (24 have an U/S requirement for all abortions). There's not a lot of point to doing an U/S at 6 weeks, for instance.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I attack both sides. From a legal perspective, it looks like the Democrats are winning in their stripping of freedoms. The GOP is losing on all fronts (except the ones in which they are allied with the Dems, like fucking the 1st, 4th, 5th, 14th Amendments for security reasons).

Which freedoms are the Democrats trying to take away?

- Dan G

Freedom of speech, freedom to keep and bear arms, freedom of businesses to make decisions, privacy, ninth and tenth amendment and expansion of government into private/prohibited sphere, etc.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Freedom of speech

Don't see it. Example?

freedom to keep and bear arms

Agree with you there.

freedom of businesses to make decisions

I'm assuming you mean because of regulations regarding health insurance and environmental issues. I suppose you could look at it as an erosion of freedom, but I was specifically asking about Constitutional freedoms.

privacy

If you were talking about Republicans, then yes, I agree. Don't see that for the Dems.

ninth and tenth amendment and expansion of government into private/prohibited sphere, etc.

Both parties are guilty of that.

- Dan G

wmw999

I think it depends on just how early the abortion, and possibly on the state as well (24 have an U/S requirement for all abortions). There's not a lot of point to doing an U/S at 6 weeks, for instance.

Wendy P.

There is a reason to perform an U/S before an abortion at ANY gestation, especially 6 weeks. We cannot 100% know gestation until an ultrasound is performed, we are not going to take a woman's word for it. We also have to rule out ectopic, molar, or partial molar pregnancy. These would require follow up.

I worked in the abortion services field too, as a Nurse, and U/S were a typical part of the preoperative exam. They occurred before every abortion as part of the GYN
exam.

The problem many pro lifers have with these U/S exams is that we do not FORCE women to view them. They want us to.
Skydiver Survivor; Battling Breast Cancer one jump at a time. DX June 19th 2014
I have been jumping since October 5th 2013.
https://pinkribbonskydiver.wordpress.com/

billvon

>Perhaps you should be more Constitutionally concerned . . . .

I must say it's fun to watch right wingers argue "hell yes the government SHOULD get involved in people's health care! Anyone who disagrees is in favor of ignorance."

The point you make infers that abortion is a heath care issue

Which of course (for the most part) it is not

So, you start from a false premise
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln