Boogers

Would you rather win a Hollywood award, or save a life?

quade

Would you know a joke if you heard it?

Would you?

Nothing in my message indicates that I didn't understand the joking nature of the flippant comment. So one should not presume so. I'm just going with the flow. And it seems a few folks, like yourself, are actually the ones who are getting uptight over this. I guess it's the nature of this means of communication, when the writer's intent is so easy to misconstrue. But hey, I know some people just love to go on the attack all the time. If I use a smiley-face emoticon next time, would that help? :):ph34r::D There, all better now.

Nothing in my message indicates that I didn't understand the joking nature of the flippant comment. So one should not presume so. I'm just going with the flow. And it seems a few folks, like yourself, are actually the ones who are getting uptight over this. I guess it's the nature of this means of communication, when the writer's intent is so easy to misconstrue. But hey, I know some people just love to go on the attack all the time. If I use a smiley-face emoticon next time, would that help? Smile Wink Sly Laugh There, all better now.

When you link to an article without comment or context the default assumption is that the article speaks for you. If you don't say or even hint otherwise then you don't get to act pissy if someone replies on the assumption that you agree with the article's stance.

(And it really is the author of the article who's getting uptight. Damn!:D)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

quade

***Nothing in my message indicates that I didn't understand the joking nature of the flippant comment.

Except, of course, the entire article and web site you linked.

None of which has anything to do with MY mood.

P.S. Don't know why this got moved to speaker's corner, as no one has said a thing about politics...

jakee

Nothing in my message indicates that I didn't understand the joking nature of the flippant comment. So one should not presume so. I'm just going with the flow. And it seems a few folks, like yourself, are actually the ones who are getting uptight over this. I guess it's the nature of this means of communication, when the writer's intent is so easy to misconstrue. But hey, I know some people just love to go on the attack all the time. If I use a smiley-face emoticon next time, would that help? Smile Wink Sly Laugh There, all better now.

When you link to an article without comment or context the default assumption is that the article speaks for you. If you don't say or even hint otherwise then you don't get to act pissy if someone replies on the assumption that you agree with the article's stance.

(And it really is the author of the article who's getting uptight. Damn!:D)

Maybe you should reconsider your default assumptions.

Twas not I that was pissy, but rather you guys who are attacking me because of your incorrect default assumptions.

Sheesh. Lighten up, folks.

Maybe you should reconsider your default assumptions.

No, that doesn't make sense. That you agree with the article is the most likely assumption. If you can't be bothered to indicate otherwise then that is the assumption that will be made.

The ball's in your court.

but rather you guys who are attacking me

Attacking? Ok Mr Thin-Skin-Man, whatever you say:)

P.S. Don't know why this got moved to speaker's corner, as no one has said a thing about politics...

It wasn't always this way, but Hollywood is highly political these days.

and then there was the lack of a "Boobies" option in the poll. :ph34r:

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

If this can be boiled down to "Would I rather be a successful actor, or a doctor", I'd choose actor. Less work, less responsibility, more fun, more money.

If I can only choose between the award (and I can't sell it), or saving a life… maybe safe the life in hopes I can parlay into selling the story or something? I don't know.
cavete terrae.

The article which makes up the only content in your OP is political, therefore your OP is political.

It's pretty simple, really.