rickjump1

Illinois concealed-carry gun applications accepted started Sunday

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/24768983-418/illinois-concealed-carry-gun-applications-accepted-started-sunday.html "Illinois’ ban on the public possession of concealed guns was the last in the nation — until a federal judge ruled last year that it was unconstitutional and gave lawmakers a deadline to end it." A great day for the citizens of Illinois.
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

rickjump1

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/24768983-418/illinois-concealed-carry-gun-applications-accepted-started-sunday.html "Illinois’ ban on the public possession of concealed guns was the last in the nation — until a federal judge ruled last year that it was unconstitutional and gave lawmakers a deadline to end it." A great day for the citizens of Illinois.

I can think of one or more SC members experiencing meltdown at this news. :D:D:o
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

chutem

I wouldn't count on a lot of permits being issued to "regular" people.

No but think of the politicians and celebrities. At least they'll get to carry their property.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

rehmwa

***I wouldn't count on a lot of permits being issued to "regular" people.

No but think of the politicians and celebrities. At least they'll get to carry their property......just like the great mentor himself, Al Capone.
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

rickjump1

...just like the great mentor himself, Al Capone.

Al Capone is a chewy mint that explodes in a bottle of Coke?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

chutem

This is "may issue" not "shall issue" correct?

Seems to be "shall issue." The state has 90 days to find a reason to deny. The governor was complaining last summer about it, that it had been "written by the NRA."

He tried to re-write it to "may issue" and throw in a bunch of idiotic restrictions like limiting how much ammunition could be carried, changing "posted prohibited" to requiring "posted permitted" (instead of business being allowed to prohibit guns, they would be required to post that they allowed them if they didn't want to prohibit).
Fortunately, his rewrite attempt failed.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

kelpdiver

Seems to be "shall issue." The state has 90 days to find a reason to deny. The governor was complaining last summer about it, that it had been "written by the NRA."

lucky bastards

Yes, and we have lots and lots and lots of nice clean drinking water here too, in a great big freshwater lake.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

wolfriverjoe

***This is "may issue" not "shall issue" correct?

He tried to re-write it to "may issue" and throw in a bunch of idiotic restrictions like limiting how much ammunition could be carried, changing "posted prohibited" to requiring "posted permitted" (instead of business being allowed to prohibit guns, they would be required to post that they allowed them if they didn't want to prohibit).
Fortunately, his rewrite attempt failed.

Cool, I hope it works out that way.

kelpdiver

Yes, and we have lots and lots and lots of nice clean drinking water here too, in a great big freshwater lake.

except around St Patrick's Day ...

That's the river, not the lake. We send our green dye (along with sewage) to St. Louis, Memphis and New Orleans.

My fault for not proof reading. Shouldn't have been capital F.

I was hinting at "If they can dye it green on St Patty's Day, why can't they dye it blue other times of year?"
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Kennedy

My fault for not proof reading. Shouldn't have been capital F.

I was hinting at "If they can dye it green on St Patty's Day, why can't they dye it blue other times of year?"

:)
At least they don't use fluorescein any more.