rushmc

More Guns, Fewer cops die! Go figure

rushmc

************One thing I know for sure. There is little I would want to learn from you :)

Considering that you write like a 5 year old child, I doubt that you are capable of learning anything.
Still unemployed?

Fail again

At no time in the last 40 years have I not been employed.

See! Still nothing learned from you

Your profile states that you are 'still looking.' If you are employed, why would you lie on a profile? Are you so embarrassed of your job that you would not state in your profile what you do for a living? Maybe, your a top secret troll and divulging such information may endanger your life, liberty and, happiness?:D:D

Please dont stop
I am enjoying this

But

Still looking for a career does not mean still looking for a job:o

But it does refer to the very big variation of job types I have had in last 25 years :D

As kallend loves to point out, I work for a medium size investor owned gas and electric distribution company
The parent company also own coal, gas and wind generation

So, the trolling being done in this thread is not by me

But please, dont stop

This is fun:D

At 55yo you are still looking for a career? Nothing wrong with that. I've only worked for two companies since leaving the Navy in 1984. Hussmann Refrigeration and Sperry Rail Service. I did weld pipeline for a bit after leaving Sperry in 94 before returning to Hussmann. Hussmann sent my job to Mexico. I wrenched on Harleys for awhile and then returned to Sperry. Been back in the NDT game for 4 years now. Sucks be away from home for months at a time. I am proud of my ability to find defective rail that can kill a train. However, as a career choice, I would not recommend it. I hope to get time off to get my CWI certification and move into the pipeline weld inspection field. Again, that will mean little time at home.
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

DanG

He works for the "Forests"?

Is that an inside joke? I don't think you're the type that believes trees exhale CO2.

I had to get this one quoted:D:D
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I have only worked for two companies since the 70,s too

I spent years away from my family when the kids were young

I would do it different if I had it to do it over
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

I have only worked for two companies since the 70,s too

I have two daughters I have never seen. Well, I have seen Bri a few times. One tends to miss out on a lot when one chooses the road. In my case, it is the rails. On the other hand, I have tested near every inch of railroad in the majority of the States. Tested a good portion of the CP and CN in Canada and, every inch of rail in Mexico. By doing so, I have seen more of this continent than one can imagine. For me, it has been an honor to carry on the work of the greatest inventor no one knows of, Elmer Ambrose Sperry. I am sure Kallend has heard of him. Mr. Sperry's inventions are mostly responsible for what is taken for granted today. He drove the first electric car. Invented the car battery. He is responsible for Naval navigation (Metal Mike) and aerial navigation . Thanks to Elmer, we have General Electric (he sold his patents to Edison which, in turn, morphed into GE, eventually.) http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/theymadeamerica/whomade/sperry_hi.html
http://web.mit.edu/invent/iow/sperry.html http://www.nytimes.com/learning/general/onthisday/bday/1012.html
Some recipients of the Sperry Award http://www.sperryaward.org/recipients.htm
Skydivers can thank Elmer Sperry for what he has given us. I am honored to carry on his work to make rail travel safe. The world should thank this man for what he has contributed.
For all of that, I would not give up all my years on the rails. I would not change a thing (except for one.)
Neil Young

DanG

Really, you think trees inhale oxygen and exhale CO2?

If you are talking about an animal breathing, no, that is not what I think
Abraham Lincoln

freethefly

***I have only worked for two companies since the 70,s too

I have two daughters I have never seen. Well, I have seen Bri a few times. One tends to miss out on a lot when one chooses the road. In my case, it is the rails. On the other hand, I have tested near every inch of railroad in the majority of the States. Tested a good portion of the CP and CN in Canada and, every inch of rail in Mexico. By doing so, I have seen more of this continent than one can imagine. For me, it has been an honor to carry on the work of the greatest inventor no one knows of, Elmer Ambrose Sperry. I am sure Kallend has heard of him. Mr. Sperry's inventions are mostly responsible for what is taken for granted today. He drove the first electric car. Invented the car battery. He is responsible for Naval navigation (Metal Mike) and aerial navigation . Thanks to Elmer, we have General Electric (he sold his patents to Edison which, in turn, morphed into GE, eventually.) http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/theymadeamerica/whomade/sperry_hi.html
http://web.mit.edu/invent/iow/sperry.html http://www.nytimes.com/learning/general/onthisday/bday/1012.html
Some recipients of the Sperry Award http://www.sperryaward.org/recipients.htm
Skydivers can thank Elmer Sperry for what he has given us. I am honored to carry on his work to make rail travel safe. The world should thank this man for what he has contributed.
For all of that, I would not give up all my years on the rails. I would not change a thing (except for one.)

I lived along highway 30 in Iowa for most of my working life
I have seen those rail testing machines many times

Odds are you may have been on one of them?

Cool job

Someone has to do it

I climbed poles for 17 years
Moved to many different jobs within the industry ever since

I manage operations and construction line crews today
I like what I do
I help keep the power going to homes business and schools. And to internet providers so kallend can bitch on line all he wants
Abraham Lincoln

DanG

He works for the "Forests"?

Is that an inside joke? I don't think you're the type that believes trees exhale CO2.

Nope, they don't "exhale" CO2, trees do use it though.

Man, you guys are so anal about attacking a guy over his political views you can't even let a little humor into these threads!

:S

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

I lived along highway 30 in Iowa for most of my working life
I have seen those rail testing machines many times

Tested on the old C&NW lines a number of times in the 80's in Iowa. Chances are I was on one the rail detectors you saw. Those lines are now UP rail. Although, we do not test UP rail, Sperry does sell them the hi-rail rail detector trucks that they use, as well as training the guys on them.
We don't use the rail-bound detector cars in the US anymore. They are still used in Canada and Mexico as it is impossible to find lodging in the majority of those countries (given the remote areas that rails run through.) In the US, it is all hi-rail trucks. In the pic the truck is sitting directly atop of the US-Canadian border on CP rail in Portal, ND. It was one damn cold day of rail testing.

Hats off to ya linemen. Tough job. Especially when the ice is pulling everything down. Someone has to get out there and restring them.
Neil Young