jclalor

More gun nuts

CanuckInUSA

I think casual posing with "unloaded" firearms desensitizes children to the real danger of guns.

Are you serious? Posing with firearms desensitizes children to the dangers of a firearm? What desensitizes children to the dangers of firearms are:

1) Parents who neglect their jobs of raising children to be respectful towards life.
2) Hollywood Progressives who continue to produce their violent movies.

Now I am not calling for Hollywood to be censored (even though the vast majority of the movies Hollywood produces these days are pure garbage). But if you want to find the source of who has desensitized children towards the dangers of firearms, it is poor parenting and the make believe world called Hollywood.

Back to this family, please provide us proof that they have not educated their children on the dangers of firearms. I do not know this family, I have no proof that they have been taught to respect firearms, but once again I wish to live in a society where people are "Innocent until proven guilty".

I have to step out away from the 'puter. Have fun trying to defend your ideological intolerance.

You want to know what desensitizes children to firearms?

Let me show you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60ArTdz_cTY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL39jJN9hHM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C2T75EWtgU

This is in mainstream america and some parents let their kids watch anything. So tell me this...whats more dangerous? A parent who lets their kids become truly desensitized by watching shootouts on their TV on a daily basis...OR a parent that teaches their children about firearms from a young age and those same children grow up knowing not only how to safely operate a firearm, but understand that they are NOT toys and they are instead objects that can be fun, but are respected at all times. I think I'll take door #2.

Of course since Door #2 was how I was raised by a ex army captain and 45 year police officer who teaches other police officers how to better utilize their weapons. You are barking up the wrong tree.

Edit to add: Sorry my kanuck friend, my post was for jaclor, I think I just replied to the last on the list.

Stumpy

***Really? Take a picture of your small children pointing hand guns at other children and you think it's cute?

Meh - I'm just surprised anyone thinks it makes a good picture.

I can not remember one of the faces
But
I can tell you just about what every gun was!:)
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

jclalor

I see one weapon pointed at a child and the other at an adult. I guess I was raised differently around guns, the first 2 things I was taught: treat every weapon as if it were loaded and Never point a weapon in a direction that you don't intend to shoot.

I see the problem with the first girl on the left. I think you're mistaken in believing the girl next to her has the muzzle pointed at the dad in the center. It looks like it's parallel to the first row to me.

The others arguing that this is fine, since they presumably checked the chambers already. They're wrong. This is a safety violation. That said, the girls do exercise proper trigger control and it's quite likely that the chamber check was done. You have to fuck up all 3 (chamber, muzzle aim, trigger finger) and then actually pull the trigger to get an accidental discharge and someone getting hurt/killed. That looks like a Sig, and therefore would be the DA/SA type that requires quite a pull for the first round. So while you may be right, you're being quite the drama queen about it.

(Where was jcalor when that Feinstein shot went out!)

OK! OK! Enough already! jcalor, I take no amusement or offense from the picture. It's not a picture I would frame much less put up on the net. The two little girls in the front are holding their pistols in a manner I don't think any gun safety training official would ever recommend. I'm not a gun safety training professional but I've been trained and I fire a lot of guns...I would'nt recommend anyone much less children, hold a pistol of any caliber like that.

So what's your stake in all of this? Looking out for the public good?
Puhhhleaze spare me and the rest of us!

If you're offended, BFD, the Constitution of The United States does not, repeat, DOES NOT, provide any remedies against the offenses to your senses or values so just deal with it. If you're all in a twist about it...come to my DZ, first jump is on me...I'll throw in lunch as well.

Sadly, people are at times stupid and do foolish things with tragic consequences. It's a price we pay for a republican democracy where civil liberties and freedom (each day it gets less and less) are still supposed to be the norm if not the law (although I have concerns about that too).

Ya wanna make the world a better place...become one less busy body worrying about the concerns of others and put your efforts in yourself and the ones that you love and love you.

The aforementioned is a nice way of sayin' STHU! But I didn't say STHU yo you, I just asked politely to please stop being a crusader busybody!

I think some of you guys would argue about anything.

Personally, I teach people to practice muzzle control at all times. Yes, you have the person handing you the weapon clear it. Then, you clear it. But then, you still treat it as if it is loaded. You might put it down, not see someone else load it (doing you a favor) and then do something stupid. I NEVER aim a weapon at anything I am not willing to shoot. I NEVER put my finger on the trigger until I am ready to pull it. Just good practices to me.

I didn't see anyone in the photo clearly being unsafe. But arguing about it is amazingly silly...even for SC.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

davjohns

I think some of you guys would argue about anything.

Personally, I teach people to practice muzzle control at all times. Yes, you have the person handing you the weapon clear it. Then, you clear it. But then, you still treat it as if it is loaded. You might put it down, not see someone else load it (doing you a favor) and then do something stupid. I NEVER aim a weapon at anything I am not willing to shoot. I NEVER put my finger on the trigger until I am ready to pull it. Just good practices to me.

I didn't see anyone in the photo clearly being unsafe. But arguing about it is amazingly silly...even for SC.

Actually, it is the title of this thread that starts the discussion off badly

[:/]
Abraham Lincoln

FB1609

I can't say I'm surprised by the love for guns by a lot of people in this forum. 'merica is pretty much lol dumb

Cool
I will take that over the panty wastes that are over your way
Abraham Lincoln

I guess there's no such think as a "Gun Nut" in your vocabulary. While I'm sure that a picture like this one is considered cute to some people, but not to the majority. When I first saw the Pic, I thought it was the Dugger family Christmas picture, which would have been about par for the course.

Talk about taking the Christ out of Christmas... Nothing says Merry Christmas like the whole family packing.

jclalor

I guess there's no such think as a "Gun Nut" in your vocabulary. While I'm sure that a picture like this one is considered cute to some people, but not to the majority. When I first saw the Pic, I thought it was the Dugger family Christmas picture, which would have been about par for the course.

Talk about taking the Christ out of Christmas... Nothing says Merry Christmas like the whole family packing.

So now you know what the majority thinks:S:S

The trend continues.....
Abraham Lincoln

jclalor

The majority believes in background checks.

Wrong again
But then, we already have them:o
BTW
I do know there are way to many liberal left anti gun loonies

Does that count?
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

***The majority believes in background checks.

Wrong again
BTW

Does that count?

I am the conservatives worst nightmare, a gun loving liberalB|
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

You are clearly just touting an anti gun agenda.

You have no evidence that any of those guns are real, you have no evidence that those guns are operational, you have no proof of anything.

But you felt like you needed to bash lawful gun ownership and this helped you... Good job, you did your part in the anti gun agenda you may move out now.

Personally, I find any type of photo like this silly.... But this is no more ridiculous than any other posed family photo.

freethefly

******The majority believes in background checks.

Wrong again
BTW

Does that count?

I am the conservatives worst nightmare, a gun loving liberalB|

:D

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day:P
Abraham Lincoln