dropdeded

Wheres the Duck Dynasty thread?

DD Story.

I knew this was going to happen sooner or later. Phil did nothing more than quote the King Jame's Version of the bible. Next thing you know he's been placed on an indefinite "hiatus" from the very show he helped develop. Personally I'm getting sick and tired of being persecuted for no other reason that I believe in God. My choice right? The only thing Phil Robertson did, is he's not tolerant of anybodies else's lifestyle other than his. I did the same thing right here in these forums not long ago. I prayed about it and I changed my opinion, and asked for forgiveness from everyone it affected. We're all human, we all make mistakes and learn from them. Phil needs to apologize...NOW!

Best-
Richard
IHS

airtwardo

Concrete Rebound Hammer is a duck call!

Concrete Rebound Hammer doesn't watch TV, but if it did, it sure as hell wouldn't watch "reality" TV!
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

JohnnyMarko

Meh....he's entitled to his opinion...show got pretty dumb after 2 episodes when they realized "Fuck, we're making money...let's script the shit...trailer park rednecks won't know it's scripted"

"Reality" shows are scripted???:o
Next, you'll be telling me professional wrestling is choreographed![:/]
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Believe it or not, the show is adlibbed to a great extent. Willie does all of the narration and adlibs that. The evening meal commentary is done adlibbing as well. Willie said he tried doing the scripted segments and the problem with that is he couldn't remember his lines.
I Love the show, but this was bound to happen sooner or later. I knew when the oldest brother Alan who is an ordained minister joined the reality series for the 2014 season, that it wouldn't last. I feel as if Alan "Sold out " for the money & left his ministry behind. He just doesn't fit in. So I reckon he'll trapse back to the pulpit now that he missed his opportunity to make millions of $$$$ That kind of disappointed me because he left his divine call for money. That's never worth it.

What does a man gain if he has tons of $$$$ and loses his soul?

Best -
Richard
IHS

rwieder

What does a man gain if he has tons of $$$$ and loses his soul?

trick question....he gains a ton of $$$$

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

In addition to his remarks about homosexuality, Robertson also suggested in the interview that black people he grew up with were happier under Jim Crow laws of segregation.

“They’re singing and happy. I never heard one of them, one black person, say, ‘I tell you what: These doggone white people’ — not a word!” Robertson said. “Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues.”

(Ref: http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/12/19/conservatives-rally-around-suspended-duck-dynasty-star-phil-robertson/)

I remember what he is talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H2W1lK7P-I
:D:D:D

***In addition to his remarks about homosexuality, Robertson also suggested in the interview that black people he grew up with were happier under Jim Crow laws of segregation.

“They’re singing and happy. I never heard one of them, one black person, say, ‘I tell you what: These doggone white people’ — not a word!” Robertson said. “Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues.”

(Ref: http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/12/19/conservatives-rally-around-suspended-duck-dynasty-star-phil-robertson/)

I remember what he is talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H2W1lK7P-I
:D:D:D[/quote

I was very curious to see what you were going to reference...

You nailed it.:)

http://variety.com/2013/tv/columns/dear-duck-dynasty-fans-you-do-know-its-all-fake-right-1200980709/

from the article:

"Amid the turmoil caused by the suspension of “Duck Dynasty’s” Phil Robertson in relation to an interview he gave with GQ, an outpouring of support has emerged from those defending the bearded A&E star.

Which only prompts one to wonder whether these people really know whom exactly it is they’re defending.

However real and natural it might appear, “Duck Dynasty” is a sitcom. Not all the dialogue is written, but as even the Robertsons freely admitted on the “Today” show, “They come up with ideas and we just get to be ourselves in the situation.”

So while Robertson can be taken at his word that he’s a man of faith, the character that people know from TV is just that: A character……
"
www.wci.nyc

“They’re singing and happy. I never heard one of them, one black person, say, ‘I tell you what: These doggone white people’ — not a word!” Robertson said.

Yeah, it's amazing the stuff you don't hear people say when they're not allowed to talk back!

“Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues.”

Wait, what? The Blues? He never heard black people singing the Blues?

That's one of the best lines I've ever heard:D
Do you want to have an ideagasm?