Calvin19

A logical breakdown for Fukushima Alarmists.

Calvin19

http://www.southernfriedscience.com/?p=15903

A good breakdown of the main fallacies running around the blagoblog from the Fukushima disaster and radiation spread.

Sadly, hoaxers, alarmists, and the like do not recognize or respond to logic and science.

Is there a similar debunking out there for the chemtrail alarmists? Thanks.

Elisha

***http://www.southernfriedscience.com/?p=15903

A good breakdown of the main fallacies running around the blagoblog from the Fukushima disaster and radiation spread.

Sadly, hoaxers, alarmists, and the like do not recognize or respond to logic and science.

I did not read the whole thing, but chemtrails are easy and there are many more like this:
http://contrailscience.com/how-to-debunk-chemtrails/

-SPACE-

Calvin19

******http://www.southernfriedscience.com/?p=15903

I did not read the whole thing, but chemtrails are easy and there are many more like this:
http://contrailscience.com/how-to-debunk-chemtrails/

I've seen that before - thanks for the reminder. I know it won't help the crazy lady I know, but good to keep in mind.

Elisha

I've seen that before - thanks for the reminder. I know it won't help the crazy lady I know, but good to keep in mind.

It's hopeless, trust me. The disconnect is not necessarily in flawed critical thinking on their part, but a deep seeded need to believe everything happens for a reason, or is controlled by someone else, "they".

The drive to discuss it is (my) need to have an exercise in critical thinking, and these people provide an endless, free, and marginally intelligent workbook that gives feedback and changes with real time current events.

-SPACE-

Oh, I certainly believe so (that it is hopeless). For example, for ONCE, I actually tried to ask her in one of her chemtrail FB posts WHY "THEY" would do such a thing (i.e. geoengineer the drought on the west coast). She just said because "they" are against "us". Uh...what? Then she gave me some conspiracy links. All I was looking for was a two sentence answer. :S I was honestly trying to get at her reasoning. I won't bother again and will just ignore the chemtrail posts as before.

I can't unfriend her - I've known her in person for years and she really would nurse be back to health if something happened to me.

I think this tactic of lumping all concerns in too one is a way to discredit the actual issues that exist.
We should not make something we can not turn off in case of emergency
We share the ocean
Pouring millions of gallons of radioactive water in the ocean is bad
The long term effect of radioactive disaster and the frequency they occur make them an insane option only a retarded population with extreme shortsightedness would ever use. Area's effected are done for thousands of years.it doesn't take many disasters to ruin the world.

That's all fact. I don't need to see a five headed fish swimming up to me to realize, no matter how much money we save or power we get its not worth extinction.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Darius11

I think this tactic of lumping all concerns in too one is a way to discredit the actual issues that exist.

^Opinion.
Please state an actual issue.
No one is saying Fukushima is a joke, or not a problem.

We should not make something we can not turn off in case of emergency

^Opinion, vague reference.
Risk and reward, but this is a different issue.

We share the ocean

Accurate statement #1^

Pouring millions of gallons of radioactive water in the ocean is bad

^Ambiguous. please specify the amount of radiation content of the water.

The long term effect of radioactive disaster and the frequency they occur make them an insane option only a retarded population with extreme shortsightedness would ever use. Area's effected are done for thousands of years.it doesn't take many disasters to ruin the world.

That's all fact. I don't need to see a five headed fish swimming up to me to realize, no matter how much money we save or power we get its not worth extinction.

blatant alarmist and un-educated opinion. Please show peer reviewed sources for "insane" and "thousands of years" and "extinction"

Easy to lump it together and dismiss. Radiation is invisible. Chemtrails are not. Just look into the sky. A contrail will dissipate, because it is frozen water vapor. A Chemtrail will not. You will see multiple trails across the sky and often cross each other. Please convince that is normal and the 2 are the same.

baronn

Easy to lump it together and dismiss. Radiation is invisible. Chemtrails are not. Just look into the sky. A contrail will dissipate, because it is frozen water vapor. A Chemtrail will not. You will see multiple trails across the sky and often cross each other. Please convince that is normal and the 2 are the same.

This. is. adorable.

I am SO excited for this discussion.

I have a degree in aviation as well as meteorology.

Please... show me an example, I will explain the phenomenon in the the example.

>We should not make something we can not turn off in case of emergency

?? We had an emergency at the nuclear reactor just down the coast from me. We turned it off.

>Pouring millions of gallons of radioactive water in the ocean is bad

Yep. But coal power plants put more radioactive waste into the water EVERY MONTH that Fukushima did, total. The question isn't "what's perfect?" Nothing is. The question is "what's better?" And you'd need two Fukushimas a month to make nuclear worse than coal from an ocean contamination perspective.

>The long term effect of radioactive disaster and the frequency they occur make them
>an insane option only a retarded population with extreme shortsightedness would ever
>use.

I think people who support coal over nuclear are woefully uneducated, and tend to think more with their emotions than their minds. (And there are some people who don't even think about _that_, that just say things like "well just close them all down.")

>Area's effected are done for thousands of years.

Yep. Look at the hellish, post-apocalyptic landscape that Pennsylvania turned into after the worst US nuclear disaster, ever.