Andy9o8

Queen Liz: "Police are Piching My Nuts!"

Without going thru endless hypothetical analogies, I think "bowls of nuts left around Buckingham Palace" - not just in written abstract, but in reality - is an ambiguous circumstance at first blush. (As contrasted with, for example, some cheeky Yank fireman helping himself to some homeowner's dinner.) If the cops are told (either at the outset, or after some nuts have (gasp!) gone missing), "Don't eat the Old Bag's nuts; they're for family only", and they eat them nonetheless, then sure, that's wrong. But in the absence of that, there's enough ambiguity as to whether they're fair game that HRH should cool her tool. I mean: marking the bowls? Seriously? God forbid the commoners should get a few extra crumbs. Get a life, lady.

Back In The Day, when Liz's namesake's poppa was CEO, hunting game in the regent's forest was a death penalty offense. Again: the Frogs had an efficient way of relegating that sort of thing to the dustbin. The Brits could take a lesson or two from them.

Andy9o8

Without going thru endless hypothetical analogies, I think "bowls of nuts left around Buckingham Palace" - not just in written abstract, but in reality - is an ambiguous circumstance at first blush. (As contrasted with, for example, some cheeky Yank fireman helping himself to some homeowner's dinner.) If the cops are told (either at the outset, or after some nuts have (gasp!) gone missing), "Don't eat the Old Bag's nuts; they're for family only", and they eat them nonetheless, then sure, that's wrong. But in the absence of that, there's enough ambiguity as to whether they're fair game that HRH should cool her tool. I mean: marking the bowls? Seriously? God forbid the commoners should get a few extra crumbs. Get a life, lady.

Back In The Day, when Liz's namesake's poppa was CEO, hunting game in the regent's forest was a death penalty offense. Again: the Frogs had an efficient way of relegating that sort of thing to the dustbin. The Brits could take a lesson or two from them.

i get you are being mostly humorous with this thread. i am glad that you admitted it is wrong though. for the children.

i do agree, she seems to be overacting. but its her home and she can be a cranky old lady if she chooses. a very rich cranky old lady who inherited her money and has no real legislative responsibilities.
"The point is, I'm weird, but I never felt weird."
John Frusciante

Andy9o8

i am glad that you admitted it is wrong though.

I said it might be, or it might not be, depending on resolution of the ambiguity.

i know what you did there. i just was expressing what is truly in your heart. that its not nice to pinch a few peanuts from the old lady. you dont have a monopoly on humor.
"The point is, I'm weird, but I never felt weird."
John Frusciante

If I read it correctly, it was an email from some editor who got it second hand, etc.

In this case the email from the editor would be based on an internal Buck House memo which he had obtained through bribery* of public officials.

* Allegedly.**

** No, he's definitely guilty:P
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

grue

But seriously, many of them, especially the queen, seem to actually think they deserve respect for being born into a position of fake power. They're the world's most glamorous welfare recipients.

The Jordanian king seems to be more useful.
And the last of this story is quite amusing:

http://metro.co.uk/2013/12/14/would-our-monarch-do-this-king-of-jordan-helps-family-move-car-stuck-in-snow-4230734/
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.