funjumper101

Republican alternatives to the ACA aka Obamacare

regulator

Explain how a government forcing the youth of america to foot the bill for those with pre existing conditions is a workable solution. Explain to me why a healthy 23 year old would want to take away part of their possibly meager income for something they probably wont need. Obamacare is a joke in itself.

Explain how a government forcing drivers with a perfect driving record to foot the bill for those that aren't is a workable solution. That is how auto insurance works. That is how the FUBAR system of medical insurance we have works.

Perhaps you could do some research on what insurance is, and how it works.

Conflating auto insurance with medical insurance is definitely not quite appropriate.
No one HAS to drive to live a long and healthy life.
Everyone HAS to have medical care of some sort, throughout their entire life.

funjumper101

...live a long and healthy life.

You are allotted "three score and ten" years. That is not that long. Healthy is largely a matter of personal responsibility.

I'm on borrowed time now and most of my life I did not have any health insurance. As Al Stephens used to say, "Ya pays your money and ya takes your chances."
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

[Reply]Not needed? Really? Could you please elaborate on this line of reasoning?

Needs and wants are different things. People need food, shelter, clean water, etc. The country survived for 230 years under the Constitution without it. Now it's a "need" - one that still hasn't been completed.

[Reply]I would be very interested to hear an explanation of how denial of coverage for pre-existing conditions is of benefit to any citizen of the USA.

Any citizen? Okay. How about me. Thanks to covering the alcoholic obese diabetics my payments go up. I understand that fucking over the young and healthy is considered a bad thing. But it sure as hell is a detriment to them. Seriously - there are some really pissed off people because they are getting hosed by this. No - not a benefit to them. Or those people laid off and have hours cut.

Here's an example: how is it a benefit that anybody in the US is without high-speed internet? How could any citizen not benefit from a system wherein those who have high-speed internet would cover those who don't have it? One could easily see how the price of internet access would go up for everyone with it. A lot of people pay more so that others can pay less, and increasing the total cost while claiming a low price for those who couldn't afford it.

[Reply]I would be very interested to hear an explanation of how having a lifetime cap on medical insurance payouts is of benefit to any citizen of the USA.

To anyone who doesn't hit the cap it is a benefit. Now those people who would never hit the prior cap will pay more.

[Reply]I would be very interested to hear how having medical bills be the proximate cause of ~75% of bankruptcy filings is of benefit to any citizen of the USA..

So bankrupt the country. And make sure that there are people who are now paying $15k per year when they paid less. Yes. That's a benefit to some people.

[Reply]Based on the responses in this thread so far, the "we got nuthin" statement is dead nuts accurate.

I gave you something right at the start which you ignored. You are merely picking winners and losers. You don't like the losers, so those who are harmed are benefitted.

Because you lack the cognizance of the plight of the individual. And that each individual is different. Good for some. Bad for some. Seriously - how you fail to see that covering a pre-existing coverage is not a detriment for many is shocking. Not surprising, but it is shocking.

I don't think you fail to see it. I do think that you just don't want to consider it.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

lawrocket

[Reply]Not needed? Really? Could you please elaborate on this line of reasoning?

Needs and wants are different things. People need food, shelter, clean water, etc. The country survived for 230 years under the Constitution without it. Now it's a "need" - one that still hasn't been completed.

[Reply]I would be very interested to hear an explanation of how denial of coverage for pre-existing conditions is of benefit to any citizen of the USA.

Any citizen? Okay. How about me. Thanks to covering the alcoholic obese diabetics my payments go up. I understand that fucking over the young and healthy is considered a bad thing. But it sure as hell is a detriment to them. Seriously - there are some really pissed off people because they are getting hosed by this. No - not a benefit to them. Or those people laid off and have hours cut.

Here's an example: how is it a benefit that anybody in the US is without high-speed internet? How could any citizen not benefit from a system wherein those who have high-speed internet would cover those who don't have it? One could easily see how the price of internet access would go up for everyone with it. A lot of people pay more so that others can pay less, and increasing the total cost while claiming a low price for those who couldn't afford it.

[Reply]I would be very interested to hear an explanation of how having a lifetime cap on medical insurance payouts is of benefit to any citizen of the USA.

To anyone who doesn't hit the cap it is a benefit. Now those people who would never hit the prior cap will pay more.

[Reply]I would be very interested to hear how having medical bills be the proximate cause of ~75% of bankruptcy filings is of benefit to any citizen of the USA..

So bankrupt the country. And make sure that there are people who are now paying $15k per year when they paid less. Yes. That's a benefit to some people.

[Reply]Based on the responses in this thread so far, the "we got nuthin" statement is dead nuts accurate.

I gave you something right at the start which you ignored. You are merely picking winners and losers. You don't like the losers, so those who are harmed are benefitted.

Because you lack the cognizance of the plight of the individual. And that each individual is different. Good for some. Bad for some. Seriously - how you fail to see that covering a pre-existing coverage is not a detriment for many is shocking. Not surprising, but it is shocking.

I don't think you fail to see it. I do think that you just don't want to consider it.