JohnnyMarko

Family Says They Did Tip Gay Server, Didn't Leave Note

Whoa, whoa, whoa . . . why do you automatically believe the family?

I dunno about where you eat, but at the restaurants I've been eating at in the last several years TWO copies of the receipt come; one for the merchant and one for the customer.

The ONLY one I've ever written on for the purposes of tips and totals is the merchant copy.

Think about it.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

The credit card statement, the way the waitress reacted when she was interviewed, the fact that us gays love creating drama....

I agree, the family COULD be lying...So we've heard the waitress's side, and the families side...I guess pending the final verdict, it's up in the air.

quade

But . . . LOOK at the photo of the two receipts side-by-side.

Not really sure it takes Columbo to figure this one out. The family's story doesn't make sense.

the 5's don't match, that is for sure...whoever signed the merchant copy didn't sign (or doctor up) the customer copy...either way, someone is being shitty and lying...

Nothing definitive. I did find it odd that a manager came out in support of the server, then declined to provide the documents that would have clarified everything. The family came out with the credit card bill. Wish they would have posted a view of that. It would have been more compelling.

Personally, I would have gone on with life and ignored it.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

My University had an incident in the late 90s where the Black Student Action campus office was plastered with 'white power' racist flyers. After much wailing and gnashing of teeth, the local PD had done their diligence and found a large majority of fingerprint on the flyers belonging to..... the members of the BSA organization.

That makes no sense. Why would the police have the fingerprints of the black students in the first place?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

During an investigation, you take everyone's prints...including crime scene technicians, responding officers, family, friends, dead guy on the floor, etc. You need to figure out which prints to expect before you can tell which don't belong. Standard procedure.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

normiss

No they don't.
I'm usually, albeit not always, asked if I want the copy.
I politely decline.
That's what the interwebs is fer.

Lately for some reason, there's 3 receipts auto-generated. I'm more inclined to review the itemized bill (they do make mistakes; intentional or not), tip against the actual amount on the merchant copy (I won't tip on the taxed amount). Then, take the customer & itemized copies with me and tear them up.

Yeah, I'm kind of a dick about it. But, there's been one too many times of my bill being wrong.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

DanG

The hot question: Who's fudging the evidence?

I think the gay server was a chick, so perhaps the better horrible pun might be that something smells fishy.

:o

:D:D

Umm
:D

And you think that........

Oh, never mind

"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln