ryoder

Canadian firearms licensing

The fact is there are plenty of factors and to ignore all of them and make a blanket claim like "Lack of guns does not hurt" is dishonest at best.

I said, lack of guns doesn't seem to hurt. And when you look at Canadaian gun issues and compare them to US gun issues, it does indeed seem that lack of guns doesn't hurt.

Obviously there are many other factors at play. Further, my choice of words makes it pretty clear I am not making a scientific argument, but an anecdotal comment.

Relatively simple logic says that with significantly fewer guns around and significantly less freedom to tote the guns around, there is less chance for there to be issues with the use of the guns.

This does not mean that banning guns in the US is a logical conclusion from that, so you can unwad your panties.

Anmd pot isn't legal in Canada. And since you probably think it is legal in Holland, I'll burst that bubble for you too. Pot is not legal in Holland either.

Never thought I'd see the day when somebody would suggest that English and French Canadians would blend well with each other. Excepting skydiving and hockey, we unfortunately haven't experienced tremendous success at harmony between these two disparate groups.

Again, look at the statistics. You have to nit pick English and French as different. In the US we have both English and French ancestry as well, but it all falls under "white".

) "Superior and appellate courts in Ontario have repeatedly declared Canada's cannabis laws to be of no force and/or effect if a prescription is obtained" Meaning simple possession without prescription is still prosecutable. That is not to say that our police services sweat the little stuff...

And you agreed that pot is not a big deal in Canada.

I think it was SkyDekker that made the comment; "Lack of guns does not hurt". Perhaps your debate is with him.

It was with him to you put yourself into it.

I said, lack of guns doesn't seem to hurt.

And your opinion is based on nothing. You are avoiding at least 4 other topics that have an influence.

And when you look at Canadaian gun issues and compare them to US gun issues, it does indeed seem that lack of guns doesn't hurt.

"Twenty-nine per cent of Canadian homes possess an estimated total of nine million firearms. Other authorities insist that even this figure is too low, and that there is at least twenty million firearms in Canada. The UN reported that Canada ranks third among the developed western countries (behind the United States and Norway) in the civilian ownership of firearms.

Canadians own nearly as many rifles as Americans."

http://www.cdnshootingsports.org/tenmyths.html

So your opinion does not really jive with the facts.

Relatively simple logic says that with significantly fewer guns around and significantly less freedom to tote the guns around, there is less chance for there to be issues with the use of the guns.

And simple logic could also say that if you think I am armed you are less likely to try and rob me.

So much for "simple logic" if it cuts both ways.

This does not mean that banning guns in the US is a logical conclusion from that, so you can unwad your panties.

Maybe you should quit talking out of your ass then?

"Twenty-nine per cent of Canadian homes possess an estimated total of nine million firearms. Other authorities insist that even this figure is too low, and that there is at least twenty million firearms in Canada.

In the 1990s, when the "Liberal Party of Canada" brought in their beloved 2 billion dollar gun registry, many law abiding firearms owners in Western Canada said F-YOU, they took the risk of being an instant criminal in the eyes of Liberal justice system and never bothered to registered their firearms (mainly hunting rifles and shotguns). Today there are millions of assets that lay dormant here in Western Canada. So yes the official stats are not accurate. The actual number of firearms are much higher.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

DaVinci

Again, look at the statistics. You have to nit pick English and French as different. In the US we have both English and French ancestry as well, but it all falls under "white".

Copy/pasted from post #20, with emphasis' changed to reflect what you may have missed...

I

Visible minorities in Canada, when added to the aboriginal and Inuit peoples amount to 23.4% according to census calculations as recent as 2011. (source: http://en.wikipedia.org/...mographics_of_Canada)

By comparison, the USA census currently reports officially 20% visible minorities within their borders. (source: http://en.wikipedia.org/...ates#White_Americans)

We are as racially and culturally diverse as you, such that your correlation would seem invalid.

Kindly remember, as said earlier, I don't give a hoot about your gun debate. All I ask is that if you choose to use Canada as a reference for your argument, try to be accurate. You will note that I did not take umbrage with statements about our weather, because yes, it can get damned cold up here.

John

You are avoiding at least 4 other topics that have an influence.

I am not avoiding any topic. Just stating one factor, which doesn't appear to be hurting.

Canadians own nearly as many rifles as Americans."

Correct. That's rifles and not hand guns. We also are not free to carry them around loaded etc. So, in one post you deride me for avoiding topics that have influence....and then go on to do the same thing to support your position. Priceless.

And simple logic could also say that if you think I am armed you are less likely to try and rob me.

It could yes. Thought most robbers go for surprise and would like to incapacite before you know what is going on.

Maybe you should quit talking out of your ass then?

So quick to anger...good thing you are armed! No wonder you Americans cant keep from shooting yourself and each other. :P

I am not avoiding any topic. Just stating one factor, which doesn't appear to be hurting.

And you can't make that claim based on anything else but speculation on fairy dust.

It could yes. Thought most robbers go for surprise and would like to incapacite before you know what is going on.

Most muggers 'interview' a target before they approach. They then use a distraction technique to close the distance (maybe by asking if you have 'change for a 20?').

Your lack of criminals is only seconded by your lack of firearms knowledge and desire to make up data.

So quick to anger...good thing you are armed! No wonder you Americans cant keep from shooting yourself and each other

Look in a mirror: You started it with "This does not mean that banning guns in the US is a logical conclusion from that, so you can unwad your panties."

So yeah, you are making up conclusions and when you are called on it throwing insults.

And you can't make that claim based on anything else but speculation on fairy dust.

Well, if you had a relatively minor understanding of English, you would have understood that when somebody uses words like "it would appear" it is indeed a claim based on speculation. In my case speculation based on living in the country and being exposed to the society in question.

It has been funny to have you preach about how one cannot come to a scientific conclusion in such a fashion.

The rest of your post is just as much of a joke. When you have to change robbers to muggers to then deride me that I know nothing about criminals, is a relatively sure indication that you are grasping at straws.

You started it

At least you end it on a highly educated Kindergarden note.